What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Oh God, the X2 fireball makes me moist and quiver with lust <3 Especially at night <3

But, again, SFMM would do that cause they're awesome.

Thorpe... Remember the last time they had a fireball?

spicy

Giga Poster

Yeah, it failed. Shame as that was a nice effect.

Doesn't mean Swarm won't have one, just means it will only work for a couple of seasons. :lol:

They should take a look at PBB, Valhalla's fire effects seem to work without fail.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

A fire effect would be brilliant for THE SWARM, I think it would be more difficult to achieve the 'apocalyptic' experience without a few special FX.

tks

Strata Poster

Fireballs.. *sigh*. So predictable. I want a 50ft animatronic chav that to tries to steal your wallet whilst you're on the ride.

Lespaulx

Roller Poster

A huge fireball or some smoke jets coming from those engine's nozzles will be an awesome feature for the whole experience.

Also, permanent rotation of the engine's blades (saw alike), will be a great theeming detail.

tks said:
Fireballs.. *sigh*. So predictable. I want a 50ft animatronic chav that to tries to steal your wallet whilst you're on the ride.

I think the use of them isn't a predictable or not matter, it just to make all the features/props to enhance the thrill factor, you aren´t forced to ride it if you don't want to.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Lespaulx said:
Also, permanent rotation of the engine's blades (saw alike), will be a great theeming detail.

Be an incredibly incorrect detail though... Since if unattached to the plane they will stop spinning as there is no power going through to them...

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

To be honest, the apocalytiptic destruction theming (the plane, the station etc) has already taken up a large amount of the ride's budget, and since they're (hopefully) going to have water jets...it would be too much!

Saying that though, I can see them having a short "motion activated fireball machine"(!?) for the first year or two.

Went past TP earlier today and...Swarm really blends in with the skyline! However the twist and dive (or the THORPE PARK inversion) looked a little wierd...but still, can't wait! :--D

nealbie

CF Legend

tks said:

To be fair, at Thorpe, the animatronic chav is more predictable my minute, green haired, orange skinned chum ;)

Jools

Giga Poster

It would really interest me to see how much it costs to run a fire effect, but to be honest, out of every ride in the park surely Nemesis Inferno should have a fireball, I guess it would suit The Swarm really well too though. Anyway i didn't know about the water and fire effects (if the fire effects will be included), sounds awesome, definately more excited to ride it now, technically it's a first too, first coaster in the UK to use the splash down effect am I right?

Lespaulx

Roller Poster

Nemesis Inferno said:
Lespaulx said:

Be an incredibly incorrect detail though... Since if unattached to the plane they will stop spinning as there is no power going through to them...

Oh right, the rotation will be incredibly incorrect like the fireball or smoke are too, and they are not the case.

Lespaulx

Roller Poster

Lespaulx said:
Nemesis Inferno said:
Lespaulx said:

Oh right, the rotation will be incredibly incorrect like the fireball or smoke are too, and they are not the case.

Also, technically speaking, some blade turns during the fireball explosion only (not permanent spinning), will be a great small detail. haha :--D do you think it would work?

peep

CF Legend

CoasterUpdates said:
Did you all see the water effect's that have emerged,

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYUL_44q3rk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

http://coasterupdates.com/2011/12/swarm ... -revealed/

Right, just typed out a little rant as to how you know it's linked to Swarm and then clicked on to the youtube page in which the description claims it's for a future ride at Thorpe.

I don't know if it's just me but that looks like such a poor effort compared to say, Raptor's water spray or any other coaster with a water spray effect. Better be just an early stage of testing or fake.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016

I actually like the water spray effect. Do we know where on the ride it is going to be?

Aaron

Hyper Poster
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

peep said:
I don't know if it's just me but that looks like such a poor effort compared to say, Raptor's water spray or any other coaster with a water spray effect. Better be just an early stage of testing or fake.

Nah it's not just you, I think it looks mediocre too, the first few are ok but then the last ones just kind of splutter... Maybe they are just preparing for Thorpe maintenance levels haha

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^I'm willing to bet thats an old prototype. Two things will happen, either this company will have improved the system (see Raptor), or this is just a company who makes this sort of technology riding the advertising wave from Swarm.

By the looks of the theming so far, any water effects won't be this **** when they're completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.