What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ry1996

Mega Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^ Nothing much more going on today then, i still cant see how track is going to reach that 1st support without track being near vertical and really steep ?.

spicy

Giga Poster
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

That lift hill is going to be incredibly steep if that's the first lift hill support.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

spicy said:
That lift hill is going to be incredibly steep if that's the first lift hill support.
It looks way too close to the station doesn't it... Must be an illusion.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Are you talking about the 100ft support, because that's for the Zero-G. And the A-Frame support is for the lift.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

We're talking about this support:
Untitled-4.png

I wondered if it was possibly one the last supports before the brake run, but it's too close towards the middle of the station. Maybe the lift will just be really steep! :p

Ethan

Strata Poster

^Dave said it's for 90 degree banking, and that support is nothing like 90 degree banking...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^I think Dave was talking about the two supports on the left.

the king

Mega Poster

Now thinkin of it, since they have done that drop section, they might as well begin putting in the plane, well only the body and back, and leave the wing till last, when the hill is finished.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^I don't think so because it's just hassle. I think theming will go in last, or the lift will...

Beans

Hyper Poster

Hixee said:
We're talking about this support:
Untitled-4.png

I wondered if it was possibly one the last supports before the brake run, but it's too close towards the middle of the station. Maybe the lift will just be really steep! :p

I downloaded the plans when they came out, and just looking at them. The "A" looking supports looks to me to be the lift hill, the one that will be big is there looks to be the final lift hill support is right behind Fish and looks like more than just a straight forward suport, at the entrance to where a lot have taken there photos from near the Marquee. To me it looks like the first or second support coming from the station, more than likely the first. The two upright angled ones to the side are for the roll after the first inversion, if I am interpreting the diagrams right, they are above where the supposed "planes tail" should be situated in the diagram.

I have taken this from page RU11-0101.DCSITEPLNsp3 in the plans

http://ww2.runnymede.gov.uk/home/latest ... LN.003.pdf

ry1996

Mega Poster

^ Since the pieces for the lift hill are on site now being prepped to be put up, i'm not sure if they will go up
last.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

I went today, and by 5:30 they hadn't started the lift hill...

All day, literally nothing was done, lazy ***s!

But, they left the crane of the lift hill, (bottom) so its probably in preparation for the construction of it in the next few days. Also i looked from a few different rides, and that shape that looked like an aircraft was definitely not the airplane.

301521_280010972017390_100000254681444_1034661_1025074446_n.jpg

293659_280011505350670_100000254681444_1034662_2023712574_n.jpg

^^^ as i left, the small crane was still there, same as Saturday really.

With the lift hill piece, facing the wrong way, haha.

But yeah, this next week could get interesting ;)

Edit - Just to confirm, That support is definitely the lift hill :)

AJ

Giga Poster

jordypordy11 said:
All day, literally nothing was done, lazy ***s!

301521_280010972017390_100000254681444_1034661_1025074446_n.jpg

Pretty sure that's the bottom of the drop in the left of this photo..... Yeah, those Lazy ***'s....

Mark

Strata Poster

I would imagine it depends on whether they are employed to work on Sundays really? a Lot of construction companies don't.

Still glad to see some vertical construction, although I am currently more excited to see that rather large station building developed.

I know that people have mentioned the A-Frame support in front of the station... Is it doubling up to also support the inline above the station? (apologies if thats already been answered)

bob_3_

Giga Poster

Doubt it, it's too far away.

Anyway you can see every single support in the plans

http://www.totalthorpepark.co.uk/images ... teplan.jpg

Also may I point out, the support for the zero-g isn't even at the top of the inversion, so it will actually be abit bigger than that support (by quite abit too judging from the plans) massive zero-g roll *drool*

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

^^

I don't think it will double up, I think its a single support for the lift only.

And AJ, the bottom of the drop was put there on Saturday evening.

But I agree, Sunday's can usually be quite day's.

Without doubt they will be doing the Start of the lift hill soon, because they wouldn't just leave the crane hanging over it, with the lift hill lying there?

AJ

Giga Poster

Yes, jordypordy, I'm sure they will start on the lift hill soon. But let's not repeat ourselves and just wait for the updates! [I'm sure they'll be almost daily now].

However, let's not brand the construction workers as "lazy ***'s" just because you haven't seen an update you were hoping for.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

^^

Yeah, true, It was a bit harsh, but i would of liked to see some construction :)

It'll be interesting to see the steepness of the lift hill, comparing the plans to the pictures, it looks a different angle. Ahh well, let's wait and see, :)

Status
Not open for further replies.