What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

I think what people forget, this is being built on reclaimed land and the footers will need to settle properly, if that takes time then its only bcause they only want to get it right first time, concrete takes time to set and weather hasn't been on there side either. When I was a kid I went to Thorpe before it was Thorpe as my dad worked up there for a while when if was gravel pits, and boy were those pits deep, so I can't begin to imagine how deep those footer must go.
Patience is needed it will go up when they are good and ready......

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

^Indeed, once vertical construction begins this will go up like wildfire! They're just being precautious at the moment...

Ollie

CF Legend

The coaster should easily be up by Fright Nights. With their past coasters its been done by then as they usually light it up and have it there for people to see. They did it with Stealth and Saw etc.
Plus once the track starts going up the construction flies by. It's amazing how quick it goes up once all the ground work and stuff is done.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster

But of course a bunch of impatient enthusiasts who will no doubt still have negative things to say about the finished thing are more important than taking precaution into account and making sure the whole track can actually go up safely.

It'll go vertical when it's ready, not when you want it to (although admittedly that'd be awesome). Again, most of it should be up for Ghosterforce on display like Ollie said, but if not then it's not the end of the world...these things do take time, especially on infilled land!

Ethan

Strata Poster

^^ Thanks for repeating what people have already said there...

Beans, you say that the gravel pits were very deep when you dad worked there. Roughly how deep were they (Judging simply by memory/observation)? I would be interested in knowing because as we know lake construction is expensive and I wonder what chunk of the £20 mill would go towards filling in the lake.

ry1996

Mega Poster

No, ime now Thinking that it will go up some time end of septmeber to October time..Hope not though
Cant wait to see it though my exitment will go through the roof as soon as it goes vertical.

ry1996

Mega Poster

Very good, I see there are still quite some few footers to be Put in yet though..

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster

well Im quite confused not sure how long this footer process will take place but we shall see..... Looking forward to vertical construction where theres something interesting to look at.

Colossus

Giga Poster

I actually prefer coasters to take shape later, gives you something to look at and get excited about in the cold boring months of December and January.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ well that is good, isnt it much better for them to get as much track work done before winter hits, because once it does its alot harder to install trackwork and footers and to work on the whole project in general.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Said I needed to be a member. Don't think I care enough, sorry!

Dave

CF Legend
The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

D1993 said:
^ well that is good, isnt it much better for them to get as much track work done before winter hits, because once it does its alot harder to install trackwork and footers and to work on the whole project in general.

Well if you install all your footers first then you can easily construct the ride in 2 months. It depends on if the construction deadline has any obstacles to get past.

Drawin

Roller Poster

Credit to Valentez for the original pictures which i resized and uploaded for you. ;)

rt2pvm.jpg

xg9xso.jpg

2hwedug.jpg

wrjiow.jpg

2lw41zc.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend

Still no track then?
So much fore people saying right back at the start of the month that it'll be up the next day and stuff. :p

Lofty

CF Legend

^ Um. No track constructed, but track on site from what I've seen?

HA. The entrance to "The Swarm" on that photo is just the entrance from "Dead End" that they had at fright nights by the looks of things...

Status
Not open for further replies.