What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends. Which one of you's better at making bacon sandwiches?

[Though she does specify it's Pablo... and that sentence had me utterly flummoxed for a few minutes as well. There was foaming at the mouth.]

Hee hee, bacon sandwiches all round :--D :--D :--D
Pablo's making them, you run and get the ketchup, I'm on duty to make sure they are crispy enough! WIN!

15.jpg

*sigh* :oops:

Sorry Pablo, that was slightly harsh, but I'm not the worst grammar fairy on here by any means! Lol.

Anyway back on topic....Thorpe have a new ride. Will it spin? Won't it spin? Will it actually make Thorpe a nice place?

Thrope is already a nice place. It's awesome with what it's got. It's cool that they are getting another coaster. But I think it has enough already.

Alton is already a nice place. But it doesn't need another first of its kind coaster. It's has plenty of rides to keep people satisfied.

Hiede needs expansion and needs those old **** coasters thrown out and replaced with new high quality coasters. I am tired of seeing Corkscrews and SLCs at every single park. They hurt on-ride and are an eye sore when you see them. And this park is owned by Merlin! They should know that Hiede isn't equally as awesome as Thrope or Alton.

Here is what they should do if they want it to be awesome as the others:

Put in a Intamin Suspended Coaster to replace Limit and put in a Euro-Fighter or a B&M Sitting Coaster to replace Big Loop. Then you got Krake in there too with new coasters and with those ****ty vekoma rides out the door and you got another awesome Merlin park like the others.

"Hey lets go to this park!!"

"Yaaay!!"

"Oh they have..........a Corkscrew and an SLC............I've sure have never seen that before"

Right, locking this as it's out of control.

I'll reopen it when:

a) Somebody has collated actual information about the ride, so we can put together a summary. PM it to me please.
b) a couple of days of that being the last post on here for people to read it an digest.
c) something new happens that is worth discussing.

38 pages and they only got permission granted in the last week :roll:

Re: LC12 - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Okay, all 38 pages (500 posts) can be condensed into this. READ THIS, asking questions answered here will make me very cross!

In line with THORPE PARK’s Medium Term Development Plan, application for full planning permission for a new rollercoaster in 2012 has been submitted to Runnymede Borough Council. This can be viewed on the Runnymede Borough Council website, www.runnymede.gov.uk (ref: RU.11/0101).

The German manufacturer Bolliger and Mabillard have been commissioned to build the unique new rollercoaster due to their consistent record of delivering extreme rides of the highest quality. Subject to planning permission, the ride will open in Spring 2012 and will be located on one of the new development islands adjacent to Stealth, measuring just under 40 metres in height.

Mike Vallis, Divisional Director, comments:
“THORPE PARK has developed significantly over the last decade to create the ‘must do’ destination for thrill seekers in the UK. We have focussed our investment on delivering exciting new rides and attractions including SAW – The Ride: the world’s first horror movie themed rollercoaster, Stealth: one of Europe’s fastest rollercoasters, Colossus: the world’s first 10 looping rollercoaster and Nemesis Inferno the 4.5 G-force experience.

This new development for 2012 will further add to the Park’s impressive ride portfolio and firmly establish the THORPE PARK as the nation’s Thrill Capital with a wide range of adrenaline pumping rides.”

Source: http://www.thorpepark.com/press/releases/default.aspx

neo said:
The plans have been released!

http://ww2.runnymede.gov.uk/home/latest ... an_lst.htm

A wing rider it is!

It includes a post-apocalyptic theme with full-scale aeroplane/helicopter wreckage.

Nemesis Inferno said:
Stealing the TPM site for pics...

http://lc12.co.uk/lc12-plans-released.php

LC12-Elevation-NorthEastSouthEast.png

LC12-Island-Birds-Eye.png

LC12-Food-Sales-Unit.png

LC12-Station.png

ANNNNNNNND quite frankly the most important addition...

LC12-Toilets.png

THAT'S RIGHT! NEW TOILETS!!!!!!!11

Tim's PERSONAL concept art - NOT OFFICIAL!!!
Tim said:
I reckon that sorta stuff stays secret, so we have to fill in the gaps ourselves =)

Lift Hill over jacknifed lorry (food outlet)

17706222.jpg

Half roll-dive loop type thing underneath the wing of a jet liner and up into a zero-g roll

90358214.jpg

Inclined loop, low turn over a ditch which has a helicopter in it... up into some weird corkscrew/zero-g hybrid

59176271.jpg

And then what appears to be a straight roll through the building that also houses the boarding area

35955267.jpg

Very exciting stuff.
Honestly I do expect it all to appear, unless given the thumbs down by the council like the rotating farm fan did on Saw.

Old scrapped aircraft wont cost that much. There are fields of that kinda junk in America.

Can't figure out what the main feature of this entire theme is going to be though. And I don't we'll understand that until we see how the train will be dressed.
Could it be some sort of military operation?
Are we going to be taken for a ride with the robot/monster/missile that caused all this havoc?
Are the wide rows of seats on the train supposed to be the pews of the church, and with a triumphant organ tune an army helicopter lifts us all through the roof to safety?

42492668.jpg

No?

Well, the apocalypse idea seems most likely at this point, but what in that case does the flying machine represent?
Is the roll over and dive at the start representing the stalling and crashing of our aircraft?

Rush said:
Looks like we have a pre-creation already! 2 days must surely be a record! :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeIwvuRvqIQ[/youtube]

bob_3_ said:
And if it turns about too be as big as that, then it should look quite intimidating. Which is something we dont have much of in the UK.

It definitely will be intimidating, especially to non regular park goers. I mean look here at how the first drop and zero-g just towers over flying fish.

2r4myah.jpg

I know everyone has seen the plans already, but just take note of how big flying fish's entrance is and how a person is compared to the track. I find a lot of the time I forget the scale of these rides in a plan. It's not impressive to someone in America realllllly, but for a UK park it's going to stand out.

Nemesis Inferno said:
THIS RIDE WILL NOT SPIN

Coastermaniac94 said:
I can confirm that the official thorpe park press release is online and confirms a lot of the details about the ride
http://www.thorpepark.com/press/default.aspx

Coastermaniac94 said:
Edit: some facts I found from TPM site
Project Name: LC12
Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard (B&M)
Height: 38.6m / 127ft
Inversions: 4
Investment: £20m
Trains x seats: 2 x 28 seats
Length of track: approx. 775metres

Some LC12 facts, confirms it will run 2 trains too.

Now behave ;)

p.s. I think it's interesting that this topic is so important not a single person actually made ANY effort to produce a summary and PM me to get the topic unlocked :roll:

Looking at the plans for the crashed plane.. Perhaps the pilot was aiming for the Flying Fish?

tks said:
Looking at the plans for the crashed plane.. Perhaps the pilot was aiming for the Flying Fish?

:crazyeyes: WHAAAAAAAATTT?!?!?! FLYING FISH?!?!? FOR GOD SAKE, STEEEEEEER, DON'T HIT IT!!!! *ahem*

Status
Not open for further replies.