What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
...... don't ACTUALLY think anyone found that funny...... Correct me if i'm wrong.

RE: Musical score, i really hope it gets an amazing score. I mean, SAW:hfowruhfno was original, but it was GOD AWFUL.

Here's to hoping they're puling their fingers out.

Mark said:
I was listening to the Hex music earlier
OMG! Totally doing that now! <3 Still by far and away my most listened to track on iTunes (ok, so I hardly ever use iTunes, but that's beside the point!)

I just had a horrible thought. What if it's based on that 2012 film, which is in turn based on the 2012

"The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon

Ian said:
I just had a horrible thought. What if it's based on that 2012 film, which is in turn based on the 2012

"The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs that cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on December 21, 2012"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon
Which in turn is based on a load of ****?

Oh Ian you have introduced a seed of doubt into my mind now. Please please please, I beg of them, don't do another movie tie-in.

Its quite unlikely that it would be tied directly to the film because that was not a great movie and has left no last impression, well, not a positive one anyways.

However, I do think you are probably on the right lines with the whole 2012 phenomenon thing. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they simple call it 2012 and have their own apocalyptic story. Have any other coasters just been named as numbers before? Oo Oo Oo, change for a worlds first possibly? First coaster to have a number for a name?

(On a side note, Im sure many a straight guy is dying to hear they are doing just that and calling a coaster 7 of 9 with the 'theming' to bust... i mean boot)

I digress,

I do think Ian is probably on the right lines with the 2012 end of the world mythology as the base note for the story. What do I hope, given that Gardaland have had such a brilliant viral marketing campaign for Raptor, is that Thorpe also go down this route. I think one of the things that helped up the anti for Saw (before the movie tie-in was announced I hasten to add) was the monthly additions to the ongoing story of the box and the number 13 (that clearly didn't make the final cut).

If Thorpe were to really plan out the whole backstory and mythology to this new attraction they could have a theme to match some of the best in the UK.

PS
Nic said:
Mark said:
I was listening to the Hex music earlier
OMG! Totally doing that now! <3 Still by far and away my most listened to track on iTunes (ok, so I hardly ever use iTunes, but that's beside the point!)

That is entirely besides the point. The best point here is that when you do use it Hex gets played. Because Hex music rocks! (I do also love the score for Nemesis, Colossus and Inferno, but they arent quite as good as that)

I don't think for one second that coaster would be based on the film, I was using it as a popular culture reference to explain the (bollocks) Maya theory.

All the pieces seem to slot into place with the little info we have and besides, this is the first time that I've been horny for speculation about a new UK coaster for quite some time.

You all have to give me 12p if I'm right.

Ian said:
You all have to give me 12p if I'm right.

Or 2012p? ;)

I'd hope it's not called 2012, otherwise they'll feel very silly in 2013 when the apocalypse hasn't happened (discounting the London Olympics ;) ).

It will undoubtedly be tied to the alleged apocalypse though and riding on the coat-tails of the popular myth. An apocalyptic theme arriving next year is quite savvy I think, especially at a park like Thorpe where the clientèle aren't worried about a happy and jolly day out stroking bunnies and pretending to be butterflies.

Ian, I know you're excited and everything, but I thought we'd all assumed that that's probably what the theme'll be? As soon as I saw the planes and stuff, I just... assumed. So yeah, you can only have 12p off everyone if I can have 13p of everyone too :)

Argh, perhaps I am not wording it well enough.

I know it's an apocalyptic world theme blah blah, but I've only just realised the possible link between the 2012 devastation that several groups like the New Age and Maya predict, as popularised in the recent film called 2012 (which I've not seen but read about) and the theme of the ride.

Ok, so somebody else may have posted that previously. If so, I missed it and only just figured it out for myself.

I don't comment much but surely basing it on anything to do with 2012 will mean it need's a re-theme/signs after it's first year of operation. I can see it being loosely linked to the 2010 theme but nothing overwhelming like 2012: The ride or a plot to do with it.

Congratulations, Nic and Ben! Here are your ****ing medals. Now I've been put in the retarded corner, I'm lost all interest in being interested in this coaster until I ride the ****ing thing.

Ooooooh....

Prada-handbag-photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.