What's new

The Maccy D's Thread.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Last time I had a wimpy was about 3 or 4 years ago, and the time before that at Camelot - both were disappointingly bland!

I like five guys, but they are a tad too expensive and ludicrously busy!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Yeah Five Guys is way overpriced. There's one next door to GBK at work and they are like the same price for a meal. One has oaked smoked cheddar and the other fake cheese from a packet. No competition really.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Seeing a lot of love for the Big Mac on here, so I had one today for the first time in years. Normally a QP man, see.
Nah man, hasn't got any better over time. Too dry, too... bready. Have the beef bits on Big Macs always been that thin?? Jeez, If they were any thinner you could read through 'em.
The Big King XL from Burger King - much, much better.

mouse

Giga Poster
Yeah I had a big mac the other day after not having one for a year or so - no where near as good as I remember. I'm pretty sure the beef has got thinner - I don't remember them being that thin when I last had one. I was even left disappointed by the big mac sauce - heinz burger sauce is similar but much better.

I expected greatness, instead I got two stupidly thin bits of meat between 3 bits of bread with some depressed lettuce leaves and a bland big mac sauce skidmark. Think I'll stick to the chicken legend (with hot and spicy mayo).

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Apparently, Ian knows how to make his own.
What's the secret, chief?

I love a Big Mac
Fun fact - I once recreated the big mac sauce at home, realised I didn't have any burger in the freezer and eat all the sauce with a spoon.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I googled the recipe! Whilst you're at it, google KFC and soon you'll be making your own!

Seeing a lot of love for the Big Mac on here, so I had one today for the first time in years. Normally a QP man, see.
Nah man, hasn't got any better over time. Too dry, too... bready.
remove the top bun and flip it so the middle bun becomes the top. It works so much better that way. And use the top bun for a chip butty.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Ha - with your previous post in my mind, I did exactly that. However, doing that just highlighted how little there is to 'em. Without the extra bit of bread, it's no bigger than a double cheeseburger, and the double cheeseburger is half the price. £1.49 vs £2.99. No brainer, dude.

I have been known to buy 2 double cheeseburgers, use the top bun off one and the bottom bun off the other to make the McChipbutty, and put the 2 remaining double cheeseburgers together to make a quadruple cheeseburger. I recommend trying that sometime. Beeeefy!

mouse

Giga Poster
Forgot to mention that as a student I get a free burger with every meal. With my last big Mac meal I got a chicken burger as a starter - classy or what?!

Howie

Donkey in a hat
So I was out and about yesterday and really fancied a cup of tea. S'ok, I thought, I'll swing into the Maccy D's drive-thru on the way home and get one, and possibly a cheeky cheeseburger too. Just to keep me going til dinner, like...
So I gets to the order point and I places my order; "Cup o tea and a cheeseburger please luv." "That'll be £1.98 please, sir."
I gets to the first window and I pays the lady 2 quid, and she gives me 2p change. So far so good.
When I gets to the second window however, the dude has a cupholder with 2 cups on it, ready and waiting for me. That's efficient, I thought. Efficient, but wrong. And upon inspection, it turned out that neither of them contained tea, both were coffee. I don't like coffee, me.
I was just about to raise this issue with the young gentleman when he thrust a rather large brown paper bag in my direction. I took the bag. Felt awfully 'weighty' for a cheeseburger.
Now at this point any decent person would point out that they do, in fact, seem to have the wrong order, and all you wanted was a cup of tea and a cheeseburger... but it was too late, my inner opportunist had kicked in.
There was only one thing to do - act like everything is in order, roll up the window and casually but quickly get the hell outta there.
I darted round to the Sainsbury's car park next door, found a little quiet corner away from the crowds and, like a kid opening a Christmas present, I opened the bag to examine the booty.
A Big Mac meal, a McChicken Sandwich meal and an apple pie :) What a result!
Yup, aside from a few of the chips, I ate the lot.

But the story didn't end there...

See, despite this bountiful haul, I still didn't have my cup of tea, which is what I went for in the first place. Just 2 cups of coffee that I didn't want. Luckily, the 2 stickers off the coffee cups gave me enough to complete my Maccy D's loyalty card, so 15 minutes later I went back and got a free cup anyway (this time going into the restaurant rather than the drive-thru, so as not to get rumbled by the drive-thru staff. Shady b*stard I am).

27781783302_d270d0dd26_k.jpg

Days like this are a gift. We should embrace them graciously.

mouse

Giga Poster
The limited edition American themed burgers they're doing at the moment are amazing, the New York stack has been the best so far :emoji_hamburger:

catsounds

Mega Poster
So I was out and about yesterday and really fancied a cup of tea. S'ok, I thought, I'll swing into the Maccy D's drive-thru on the way home and get one, and possibly a cheeky cheeseburger too. Just to keep me going til dinner, like...
So I gets to the order point and I places my order; "Cup o tea and a cheeseburger please luv." "That'll be £1.98 please, sir."
I gets to the first window and I pays the lady 2 quid, and she gives me 2p change. So far so good.
When I gets to the second window however, the dude has a cupholder with 2 cups on it, ready and waiting for me. That's efficient, I thought. Efficient, but wrong. And upon inspection, it turned out that neither of them contained tea, both were coffee. I don't like coffee, me.
I was just about to raise this issue with the young gentleman when he thrust a rather large brown paper bag in my direction. I took the bag. Felt awfully 'weighty' for a cheeseburger.
Now at this point any decent person would point out that they do, in fact, seem to have the wrong order, and all you wanted was a cup of tea and a cheeseburger... but it was too late, my inner opportunist had kicked in.
There was only one thing to do - act like everything is in order, roll up the window and casually but quickly get the hell outta there.
I darted round to the Sainsbury's car park next door, found a little quiet corner away from the crowds and, like a kid opening a Christmas present, I opened the bag to examine the booty.
A Big Mac meal, a McChicken Sandwich meal and an apple pie :) What a result!
Yup, aside from a few of the chips, I ate the lot.

But the story didn't end there...

See, despite this bountiful haul, I still didn't have my cup of tea, which is what I went for in the first place. Just 2 cups of coffee that I didn't want. Luckily, the 2 stickers off the coffee cups gave me enough to complete my Maccy D's loyalty card, so 15 minutes later I went back and got a free cup anyway (this time going into the restaurant rather than the drive-thru, so as not to get rumbled by the drive-thru staff. Shady b*stard I am).

27781783302_d270d0dd26_k.jpg

Days like this are a gift. We should embrace them graciously.
The poor guy probably got bollocked for that