What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/19/11]

More supports, I will continue to support the ride for another few weeks until June 4th I go on vacation, then i'm going to challenge myself to design and finish a good ride in a week. It's the only thing i'll be able to use my laptop for since I wont have any internet.

dreadnought110525111602.png

dreadnought110525111705.png

A Good idea of the headchoppers in this screen.

Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/25/11]

I was hoping it was going to be a massive cluster of supports with no real idea what was going on...

And I think you've pretty much nailed it! :p Great work, I can't wait to see it finished!

It's not dead yet, in fact supports are 75% done, all I need to do is add some trees, I'm happy to say, CF will have the ride for download a full week before coastercrazy, I'll have this for you guys on Friday, then I take my vacation where I wont have internet for a week, then everyone else will get it! enjoy!

As for the vacation coaster, It will be a S&S woodie snaking around a pier (I'm having someone make a 3ds pier) And if all goes as planned I'm going to try and make that one in a week.

dreadnought110531130508.png

I'm looking forward to riding it. Are you going to add any water? I think it would add to the ride a bit.

I wasn't thinking about water until you mentioned it Marc, good idea, anyway it's done!

Video
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICymSr5WMa8[/youtube]

dreadnought110602134631.png

DOWNLOAD

If the download link doesn't work notify me and I'll send you the track over MSN or email.

Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought download 6/2/11]

Wow! This ride turned out very nicely. It has an awesome aesthetic appeal from the support work to the color choice. There may have been some bumps in the trackwork at the beginning of the ride. It could be from the banking or it could be just unsmooth, but it didn't take too much away from the ride. Lastly, the pacing was wonderful. It held its speed wonderfully throughout the ride.

9/10

Great work Jer! I've been following this project for a while and I was really keen to see it completed and I can safely say you didn't disappoint! I thought the layout was very good, with the first half having the massive, high-speed sections then the second half being more twisty and really using some of the supports well. The trackwork was mostly good, there was only one corner (I think it was the bottom of the first drop) where the banking didn't quite flow as well as the rest of it, but overall it was really well made.

The supports were also great, I loved some of the head-choppers that had obviously required some unique supports, it felt very Great Bear-esque (which is good, I think Great Bear's supports are awesome).

Overall, great work! I'm pleased that this ride turned out as good (if not better) than I was anticipating. Well done. 9/10

So must positivity! I love it!

The woodie didn't work out, I couldn't be assed to do it, however one night I had a dream about a small B&M dive machine, dont ask, and decided to build the one I was in my dream, it's a small one, only about the size of Krake, enjoy!

submission1106112043440.png

Re: The Jer development topic! [Submission intro 6/11/11]

Well, I see...

A drop. How surprising? :p

Well it's started well... ;)

Damn you, Jer! I was literally just building one similar to this!

More layout has been made, only one inversion, top speed of 55, and a height of 130ft

Also, sorry Arly :)

submission1106121017130.png

submission1106121017310.png

Double post! with completed layout, like I said it's going to be very short, and yes it passes tunnel test although barely. The ride would use Krake's 6 across trains because anything wider would kill people.

submission1106122346180.png

Going for the trifecta, triple post ****!

any way, I began supports and almost have it glass smooth. More pics NOW!

Stats:
Height: 130ft
Speed: 57mph
Length:~1,700ft
Inversions: 1 (Imelmann)

Side:
submission1106141454000.png

Top:
submissiontop.png

Re: The Jer development topic! [Submission update 6/14/11]

It's so cute. :p

You need to work on the heart-line on the twist out of the immelmann...
The first turn around needs de-pumping where as the second one is fine...

Worked out the kinks in the first turn, and the fixed the Imelmann.

Also Hixee, that us the first time any of my rides have been called cute. As for the supports im not good with B&M structures, any comments, questions or otherwise that might help me improve? I'm not good with B&M my last completed one was 12/30/2007, so yeah.

submission1106152152260.png

submission1106152152490.png

Finished submission today.

Stats:
Height: 130ft
Speed: 57mph
Length: 1,787ft
Inversions: 1 (Immelmann)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcjkdXmiOoc[/youtube]

submission1106211519110.png

DOWNLOAD

Re: The Jer development topic! [Submission download 6/21/11]

Really really nice! Very short, but very sweet! :p

The only problem was the transition of the last bunny hill (just before the brakes) felt a little sharp, but apart from that it was really good. I liked the layout and I think it seemed quite realistic. It's very tempting with Dive Machines to just keep adding more and more, but I think you got it just right for a ride about the size of Krake.

Great work! 9/10