What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/4/11]

Posting so Jer won't forget tomorrow:

Sea Serpentine
Non inverting loop
half loop

I'm really interested to see how you're doing this inclined non inverting loop. I like the look of it so far.

Unfortunately the Inclined non-inverting loop was.....less than spectacular so I opted for a regular non-inverting loop, it's smooth, and green on the first try so I'm keeping it

dreadnought110505211609.png

Uhhh, Sorry double

More track has been added, this overbank hasnt been tested yet, so I cant promise it'll be there in the next update. I'm still trying to keep it compact, which is going to be awesome one supported given it's size and speed.

dreadnought110509090945.png

Looks really nice and twisty. It's going to be one hell of a support job if you keep making it more and more compact. :p

dreadnought110510130315.png

Added incline loop, but with this come a problem, i've run out of layout ideas, I'm thinking maybe to go multi-looper and do a coaster with a high inversion count, but im not sure, any ideas would be appreciated

It looks like it's dropped quite a lot of speed, or at least I'd have thought it would have more, by this stage.

I know it's going to be a real bitch, but I think you should make it more and more compact. It'd be one hell of support job, but the effect of it would be great.

It's not that the ride drops a lot of speed after the MCBR, I'm just trying to make it so it'll pass E-stop. so it'll have short more forceful elements. To be honest I'm not too happy with the layout as it is and might start over after the lift.

The rides looks great, maybe you should try and get some near misses between trains if you can, or just go for some nice turns/hills combos with an inversion thrown in for good measure before slamming into the brakes. Keeping it tight and compact would make it stand out more than suddenly just add a random offshoot in some direction.

Another thing though...
Please don't post PNG's especially those that are around 1.6 megs each, they are a bitch to load. Use some quality image editor (like paint.net) which let's you choose what kind of compression you would like on your JPG's and set it to 95%, with that the images will look just as good and only be 100-200 KB each...

Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/10/11]

^It's just that Apple you have been chewing on :p

Images load instantly for me.........

Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/10/11]

Yeah, the images load almost instantly for me,

anyway, added a twisty and airtime bit after the incline loop

dreadnought110512235008.png

Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/12/11]

Looks nice, it's gunna be so fast through that first bit! :p

Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/14/11]

Finished the layout, opted not to add too much more to avoid having a ride that is too long to handle, and support. The ride still needs a **** of refining, smoothing, and supporting. Enjoy the layout

dreadnought110514122707.png

Heres an image from the other side, i changed that hill into a corkscrew (it was snappier), I also slightly reshaped the non-inverting loop, and first over bank. The smoothing is actually causing some elements to me slightly misshaped from the original, it's pretty sweet.

dreadnought110516110258.png

Looks nice... :)

Lookie here! Support! I'm really happy with how they are looking at the moment.

dreadnought110517131820.png

Re: The Jer development topic! [Dreadnought update 5/17/11]

^You should be, they looks great! :)

I love the colors! This thing is coming out really nicely.

Imelmann supports are done, as you can see at the bottom of the picture some of the head-choppers are becoming truly intense (dont worry it is safe)

dreadnought110519120006.png

Looks nice. I really like the colours. I look forward to seeing all the supports and head-choppers in place! :p