What's new

The Jer development topic! [Songbird 8/13/16]

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [9/1/14]

thats 1/2 Done, The Knife is officially finished and i'm ready to focus my efforts on finishing Gamora with Tom, enjoy everyone!

NhHaPkY.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yx15e ... ife.nl2pkg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: The Jer development topic! [The Knife Download 9/8/14]

Being honest - good but not amazing.

Trackwork wise, very good. It was smooth, pump free and most of ye banking transitions were good (I only say most as the entrance to the zero-g was a bit harsh). The corkscrews/flatspins were very squat, but I don't think that's particularly unrealistic and they were pretty smooth.

The bit I didn't like was the layout. It didn't really seem to do much and the pacing really seemed to die in between the two corkscrews, making it sort of feel like it fizzled out. Your other coasters (the launcher is in my mind at the moment as it was recent) have been a lot more interesting and creative.

So yeah. A well built coaster for sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's that good. Hopefully that's not too negative! If I can be more helpful somehow then let me know. :)

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [The Knife Download 9/8/14]

I think it's time to start again

ldDPnGK.png

Jer

Strata Poster
Re: The Jer development topic! [Something 8/11/16]

Alrighty then, after a long absence I think its time to start using NL2 again for more than just competition tracks.

I wanted to start out with a style ive never done before, a Dive Machine. This one is loosely based off the one I built for the long gone PIAP RCT2 park. Except the layout is more how I would have done it, without RCT2's restrictions. So in reality other than the name Songbird the layout is totally different.

The colors are not set in stone, but so far the layout is. Looking forward to your feed back, and hopefully this is another long stretch of NL2 to come

VGxIvl0.jpg

dlRPMBd.png

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's a really dynamic looking exit to the dive loop! Looks really funky.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the layout.

Jer

Strata Poster
Hey, im sorry for the absence, these last few weeks have been crazy so I really wasnt able to work until tonight.

I fixed the banking on the dive loop and immelmann, I hope they look better for shaping now, as well as adding a floater hill and barrel roll. The interaction looks as good as it is now, it should only get better with supports.

Looking forward to your feedback

2Igd1XO.jpg

8Ya3TB5.jpg

qkCRCMu.jpg

gGd1sX6.png

bakAt5S.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It's looking good! I haven't ever done a "proper" Dive Machine in NL2 (the only one I did was the launched one for one of the competitions last year), but they lose speed quickly don't they? I notice how low your elements seem to be getting even after that large drop!

I'm looking forward to seeing this with some supports in too!