What's new

The Games we play...

Ben

CF Legend
Double post...

Alan Wake.

Love it. Just started it yesterday. And finished it today. It was great. Think Twin Peaks and Stephen King's books (specifically Bag of Bones) having a baby, and you've got it. There's a few cues from Hitchcock and stuff, but, it's essentially a rip-off of the first two things. And it's awesome. If you like Twin Peaks (I do JUST a little xD), you'll pick up a LOT of things in the game. The setting, the diner, the obsession with coffee, the "hotel" next to a waterfall, the "Lamp Lady"... It's actually CRAZILY full of references, it's BRILLIANT. But, it also stands well on its own... It's atmospheric, scary, brilliant...

Basically, like Stephen King or Twin Peaks and own an Xbox? Play this game!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ben said:

Yeah, I think there's only 2% of X-box owners who can both read AND follow Twin Peaks :p

The rest are buying it "to kill ****" ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm back addicted to Just Cause 2. I hate it... I sit down for five minutes, and two hours later I'm still faffing around, failing to complete any missions but having great fun. I need to hide it away again.

It's everything GTA IV should have been - dammit!

Ben

CF Legend
furie said:
Ben said:

Yeah, I think there's only 2% of X-box owners who can both read AND follow Twin Peaks :p

The rest are buying it "to kill ****" ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

You have a point though, hence the slow sales :wink:

Can't always avoid the retards that don't buy proper games and just buy them to blow stuff up though :p Games like Just Cause 2 will always be played by dumb people* ;)

*please note, Just Cause 2 is actually fab.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I enjoy Just Cause 2 for the good feeling from liberating an oppressed people from the evil overlords!

Or because it does blowing **** up so well... It's one of the two :lol:

Glad you spotted the irony in my post anyway :)

The Claw

Hyper Poster
Wow, a lot of people play video games on here. Too bad there aren't too many retro gamers here though. I know pretty much all of these games and I've heard good things about them but sadly I haven't played any of them. I'm still playing games on the Dreamcast LOL. Anyone still have one of those and still play it? Best console EVAR!

Ben

CF Legend
The Dreamcast was a great console, I agree. Shame no-one bought one...

So, because I now have a Love Film account and NOTHING better to do I've played...

The Saw video game. I liked it for an hour. Then it got ****. Stupid QTEs mixed with THE worst combat system ever and anger inducing puzzles... It sucked. Didn't finish.

And halfway through CoD: World at War. Gameplay wise it's CoD. We've all played it a hundred times before. Story wise, it's about one tiny aspect of WWII spread of about 10 levels so the story becomes like thin butter on a piece of bread. Dry. Oh, and the Russians are total arseholes. Probably because they're not American. Who are, of course, the heroes of the piece. Again. As in every CoD it seems.

Lain

Giga Poster
So, do any of you mothers have worms on the PS3?

It's on offer at the moment on PSN, and it's great fun, but it's nigh on impossible to find an online game. Anyone wanna play?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lain said:
So, do any of you mothers have worms on the PS3?

It's on offer at the moment on PSN, and it's great fun, but it's nigh on impossible to find an online game. Anyone wanna play?

No.

It was brilliant fun in 1995. Slightly less fun, but still brilliant in 1997.

Since then, it's gone slowly downhill, but I have to say, after 15 years of playing the game, I do not desire to own it on the PS3 :p

I did a cracking Bad Taste sound set for Worms 2 BTW :)

Tonight is WipeOut HD and Blur multiplayer demo if anyone is interested???

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
kimahri said:
http://www.ea.com/alice

American Mcgee's Alice has a sequal.

This interests me.

It did me, then I remembered how tedious the original was... It was a superb game in terms of concept and design, but it played badly. Camera was iffy and the controls just never quite gelled for me.

I fear this one though will just be another stylistic button masher... :(

kimahri

CF Legend
I missed out on the first one due to not knowing anything about computers and being too scared to play it...

Least I'll get a more accesable chance with it now.

Ollie

CF Legend
Just a quick question. For the PSP what size memory thing is the best to get? I have no idea how much room downloaded games take up or how much memory game saves from USD (or whatever it's called) uses.
The biggest one I can find online is 4GB but I don't know how much that is for PSP data. I know on my PSP I kept filling up the 40GB memory so had to buy a 380GB Hard Drive. :p

Sorry if it's a stupid question but I'm rubbish with file sizes and don't know a lot about the PSP as I've never used one before or seen one in use.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Sorry if it's a stupid question but I'm rubbish with file sizes and don't know a lot about the PSP as I've never used one before or seen one in use.

There's a good reason for this as well...

3 guesses as to what this reason is...

Lewis

Hyper Poster
Well I got the new Xbox 360 'S' on Tuesday, I am fairly impressed with it!

Yeah, its nothing new really, but its just the little changes that has made it much better than the older versions. Firstly, silence! The new fan is really quiet, which is a welcome change from the old stupidly noisy fan, doesnt sound like its on half the time :lol:. The new wireless is good, picks up wireless b/g and N, which is handy as I have a Wireless N router, so it's rather fast! I also love the fact that its smaller and sleeker than the rather vulgar matte white one, so it takes up less room, so I'm happy about that.

Overall I'm happy I got it, I'm sure that someone (*cough* Ollie) will say "Why didn't you get a PS3 instead" but its courses for horses (I think that's the saying :p) and this is my course :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Lewis said:
Overall I'm happy I got it, I'm sure that someone (*cough* Ollie) will say "Why didn't you get a PS3 instead" but its courses for horses (I think that's the saying :p) and this is my course :lol:

Nope, it's good Microsoft have managed to fit half a PS3 into a 360 at last :p

Ollie said:
Just a quick question. For the PSP what size memory thing is the best to get? I have no idea how much room downloaded games take up or how much memory game saves from USD (or whatever it's called) uses.
The biggest one I can find online is 4GB but I don't know how much that is for PSP data. I know on my PSP I kept filling up the 40GB memory so had to buy a 380GB Hard Drive. Razz

I've had a PSP slim for about 2 years, and got a PSP Go last month.

The Go has 16Gb and you can just get the 10 free games that come with it onto the 16Gb.

A big downloaded game is about 1.5Gb (that's the maximum UMD space). LBP, Pursuit Force, GTA:Vice City Stories are all about this big.

Most are about 600Mb though, and that seems to be about average.

PSN titles tend to come in much smaller. Minis have to be under 100Mb.

The save game files are just a few KB, so you don't need to worry about that.

If you want videos on it (you can of course purchase films off the PSN and also download them to the PSP) - a full MP4 feature film will come in at around 700Mb - 1Gb.

For my PSP Slim, I have a 1Gb, 2Gb and 4Gb card. I've about 2Gb of space left on the 4Gb card (I have LBP and GTA:VCS on both PSPs).

I bought an 8Gb card for the Go too last week (£12) to put films onto to leave space on my main memory.

You can use a bit of software Sony provide for free called "Media Go" to manage you PSP, and it works well.

FYI - I got the PSP Go with the 10 free games for £180 from Amazon. I'd say five of them are superb and well worth having.

Of course, you don't have a UMD drive, so shopping for cheap second hand games can't be done - but the PSP Essentials range of games are all £6.99. So if you're new to the PSP, there all the older and best games for £7 anyway - plus of course the minis.

Hope that helps?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
After winning a Xbox 360 I now am in a situation where I'm not sure what to get for it...

Discount Bioshock, Dead Space and Gears from the equation since I already have them...

Suggestions please...