What's new

The Games we play...

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
The Simpsons game, sooo funny poking the fun out of the video game industry, and a few other surprises too! Won't spoil it for you =p

Mario & Sonic: Awesome, but some of the challenges are kinda odd, like finish 2nd in a race, I have found myself having to slow down =[ the 4 X 100m on the final leg is tiring as your arms have faded from the previous 3 legs.

kimahri

CF Legend
Hixee said:
^aren't you a bit disappointed?

I haven't got a Wii, but I have played on one and the are very fun. Saying that though I would not want one. Don't you feel really upset that someone has gone to all the trouble and expense to get you one, and you don't like it. I'd feel really upset. What's worse is the person that got it for you thinks you will and do really like it. :( Sorry I can't help you with games though.

I never said it was specificly given to me. it's for the family.

Homer

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
I too echo Mario Galaxy.

Sunshine was pants, but Galaxy is like Mario 64 with some of the old school stuff thrown in...when it flips to the 2 1/2 D screens, it's ace.

The only drawback I have is that I don't like the Lumas. I wish Nintendo would do a standard type of Mario game without having to indroduce more cuddly, annoying characters.
Come on Ian, you know you want MORE NINTENDO CHICKS! :p

I'm also jumping on the Galaxy is ****ing awesome bandwagon. WAY better than Sunshine, the music is beautifully orchestrated (and so are the Mario 3 remixes), my only gripe is the camera. How many lives have I lost because I blindly jumped due to the camera being stuck? :(

Besides, at least Luigi is in this game. :wink:

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
I will reccomend Heroes.. the game based on the NBC American TV hit.

It will be good.. as the show seems to be :)

PLCP

Mega Poster
I've been playing the classic N64 recently....old-school games are tons more fun than todays and just don't get boring.

In other words,

Mario Kart, Super Mario, Super Smash Bros., Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini <3

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
kimahri said:
Hixee said:
^aren't you a bit disappointed?

I haven't got a Wii, but I have played on one and the are very fun. Saying that though I would not want one. Don't you feel really upset that someone has gone to all the trouble and expense to get you one, and you don't like it. I'd feel really upset. What's worse is the person that got it for you thinks you will and do really like it. :( Sorry I can't help you with games though.

I never said it was specificly given to me. it's for the family.

Sorry, I just assumed. Is it going down well with them?

Ben

CF Legend
PLCP said:
I've been playing the classic N64 recently....old-school games are tons more fun than todays and just don't get boring.

In other words,

Mario Kart, Super Mario, Super Smash Bros., Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Goldeneye, Jet Force Gemini <3

Goldeneye is possibly the greatest game ever made.

With the competition being Ocarina of Time and Conker's Bad Fur Day.

I really wanna get an N64...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Going back to Mario Galaxy. I've not gasped or been amazed by a game since Mario 64.

It's the way he walks around the planets, they way it effortlessly scrolls between 3D and those 2D parts that are so old-skool Mario.

It's the little touches in the game that just make me stare at the screen in disbelief...it's so beautiful. I have been actually shouting "wow" and replaying some levels just to see the masterpeice.

Also no game has actually made me LOL in a long time. When I discovered that you have to grab the black ghosts and swing them by the tongue to bash stuff I couldn't stop laughing.

****ing fantastic.

That's two games that the Wii has that are excellent for one-player action. With the exception of StarFox, there wont be any more games I'll buy for it.

I hope Mario Galaxy never ends and I'm determined to do it 100% as well.

Ben

CF Legend
The only problem I have with Mario is that so far it's been really easy, I've done most of the first four observatories with very few problems, and one of the things I most associate with Mario games is throwing the controller in frustration when I can't do something.

So, I don't know. I'm hoping it'll get harder.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ben said:
The only problem I have with Mario is that so far it's been really easy, I've done most of the first four observatories with very few problems, and one of the things I most associate with Mario games is throwing the controller in frustration when I can't do something.

So, I don't know. I'm hoping it'll get harder.

I play the game through methodicaly (sp?) and do a galaxy at a time before moving onto the next one and brezzed through the first four observatories.

It hasn't got harder as such, but I find that I have to think a bit more now and it gets fiddly in places.

On the whole it seems like the game is easy enough to play and the difficulty curve is just about right.

big john

Mega Poster
Trust me it gets bloody hard and annoying im up to 70 stars and on the 5th galaxy and its getting a whole lot harder. The special stars with the comets are also getiing really hard and i have just discoverd a whole new mini galaxy by collecting 3 green stars and there bloody hard. so dont worry you will be throwing your controller yet hehe. And on a side note ian you do know you have to play the game fully twice and get 121 stars twice to get 100% compleate the second time through should be good though as its with a little twist hehe

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, I read that have to get all 120 stars with Mario, then do then same with Luigi and then you can get the elusive 121st using both of them.

Anyway, enough spoliers!

Homer

Hyper Poster
I'm at 37 stars, trying to get all of the basic stars before taking on the castle in galaxy 4 and now I find the game somewhat hard.

Again, the camera sometimes = blind jumps, lost lives, and strangling myself with the Wii remote and Nunchuck. That tower puzzle in Dusty Dunes for the 3rd star pissed me off.

big john

Mega Poster
Sweet Sweet galaxy realy anoyed me a lot also just to let you know there are a few stars you cant actually get without beating the last boss as the comets wont apper till he is beet but im quite a way of that yet so lots to go im just about ready to kick my wii through the window at the moment as the level im on is rather frustrating lol

mrclam

Giga Poster
Recent mario games are always similar - easy to beat, but a ****ing bitch to get 100% on.

I love it!

But whoever designed the ****ing spring, needs to be ****ing shot, ****ing arse wipe.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Homer said:
I'm also jumping on the Galaxy is ****ing awesome bandwagon.

They all suck, including this one. :p

I can understand that it's a superbly made game, but I hate it. I've hated every Mario game (specifically Mario as a platformer), and I hate pretty much all platform games except for Bionic Commando.

Mushroom said:
Won't spoil it for you =p

The coders already have - it's a really dreadful platformer (with none of the redeeming features of good coding, level design etc Mario has), only it's a poor spin-off of a dead TV series - designed to appeal to people who think that tee-shirts with the "best quotes" from their favourite shows are cool. Dirge ad infinitum.

Mushroom said:
Mario & Sonic: Awesome, but some of the challenges are kinda odd, like finish 2nd in a race, I have found myself having to slow down =[ the 4 X 100m on the final leg is tiring as your arms have faded from the previous 3 legs.

Good God! I can't get to grips with this game! It's painfully manic with the Wiimote waggling - then expects pin-point timing and accuracy with you poor, shaking, energy deprived arms!

It's certainly good stuff, but if I want to settle down to two hours of exhausting pleasure - sex has it every time! :p :lol:

Sorry, Joey, but Sonic doesn't do it for me that way :p

Anyway, back to recommendations. I bought Assassin's Creed - I was a fool :(

marc

CF Legend
I hated mario on the n64 mind you I hated that system was rubbish and that is what put me of getting a WII.

To be honest there is not one game out the WII that intrests me, maybe if they bring out a Star Wars game that you can fight on I might get one.

For me its still the PS3, love it and its getting better and better.