What's new

The Games we play...

Unturned is a free block-style zombie survival game on Steam that's great fun to play with friends or, to a lesser extent, alone. And the game was created by one sixteen-year-old. Brilliant.

So, I was playing Destiny and saw this KD.

baquzabu.jpg

I usually dont care about KD but this is a WTF moment.

Holy hell!

Spent close to 4 hours yesterday playing it with Snoo, and typically my max for straight game time is an hour, two max, but I fell in love. Guess I'll just end up getting it for 360 and then Xbox One when I get that.

I played the Destiny Beta. It was just like Halo, with a sniff of WoW and Skyrim to it really.

Didn't press any of my buttons, but it is a gorgeous game and I'm well aware of the fact that I'm one of the minority when it comes to my dislike of Halo (and FPS in general).

The game is going to be huge though and I can completely understand that - so yeah, everyone else enjoy :lol:

I'll stick with Towerfall Ascension on the PS4. Free game with PS+ that has been the focus of much hilarity in the house for the last few weeks.

Whenever I get a chance to grab some time to play, I'm playing this against members of family_Furie. It's a stupidly simple platform battle game. Imagine Bubble Bobble mixed with Gauntlet - kind of.

Single player it's too hardcore for me :lol: Multiplayer though is divine! It's fast, exciting and utterly stupid fun. You leap around, shooting, collecting powerups and dying in stupid ways constantly. Then you finish and start all over again. Before you know it, you've lost an hour to a series of games that generally last few than five minutes. Living Room gaming at its best - if you have a PS4 and 2 controllers then enjoy. Yes, it's indie and has 8-bit graphics, but ignore that and actually enjoy playing a condensed bit of fun :)

Just got some payment protection back so decided to get a ps4 when it arrives as I want the last of us.

Should be by the end of the month :). If the new FIFA game is out I hope they bundle that in as well lol.

Don't do it Marc it's a trap, there is literally no difference between PS3 and PS4 versions. Save the money and get it cheap on PS3!

Tbh I want the last of us and it's still £30 2nd hand and if you get it 2nd you don't get the extras.

I want a ps4 for infinity 2 and kingdom hearts 3 so just think I should go for it as I've been in 2 minds for ages.

And while there's not a great deal of difference between the two versions (that's Naughty Dog producing a brilliant bit of software for you) - I'd still always got for "the better version".

It will be a little crisper and a little more accurate due to the smoothness of 60fps. It's not like the difference between blu-ray and VHS, but I'd still always be sitting there annoyed it's not the best version there is.

It's why I bought NFS:Rivals on the PS4 and not the cheaper, pretty much identical PS3 version. Fez on the PS4 is gorgeous too - it's really odd considering it's such a simple game.

Just remember, you'll need an extra pad - which will cost and arm and a leg. I'd also get a thumb stick cover because the rubber does flake off suddenly.

Oh, and I also heartily recommend getting a 1Tb Hybrid drive and putting it in before you start.

There's considerably less pain in replacing the hard drive on the PS4 than any other system ever - but you still need to download everything off the internet and get it all set up again.

It's best to do it now, rather than fighting with space in 12 months' time and then having the pain. Though it'll add an extra £80 or so to the purchase... It DOES make the PS4 a lot quicker though...

Tbh when I get the ps4 I won't get anything for the ps3, well apart from kingdom hearts 2.5 lol.

I'm not a huge gamer but when I play a game I want to get a good game one that will last for more than a day or two.

F12014 is out on the ps3 then 6 months later on ps4 so will wait for that. Mind you codemasters on new hardware is never going to be good lol.

I will get the extra disk Furie thanks for that advise.

F1 2014 is only coming out on last gen. It's F1 2015 that's coming out on current gen earlier in the year, not a port of 2014.

Do any of you guys play Dark Souls?

I love many games really. From Heavy Rain to Ninja Gaiden, from Call of Duty to Journey/Flower and from Zelda to Resident Evil. I love pretty much every genre. Favorite game is Final Fantasy IX.

nealbie said:
F1 2014 is only coming out on last gen. It's F1 2015 that's coming out on current gen earlier in the year, not a port of 2014.

Yeah just read that, there was confusion at first but then they said it will be 2015 with a brand new engine etc.

Problem is in 6 months they are not going to have a clue how the cars go as the year would have just started. But come March they would have got 2014 working lol.

Cannot believe martini will not let them use the livery for the Williams :(

I might just give it a miss only played 2013 for a few races just could not get into it at all. Tbh I think I was just bored of f1 in general. But they really need to get the steering wheel right as I don't like playing f1 games with the controller as it's more fun with the wheel. Might give 2013 one more chance this week as I'm now bored with gt6.

marc said:
nealbie said:

Yeah just read that, there was confusion at first but then they said it will be 2015 with a brand new engine etc.

Problem is in 6 months they are not going to have a clue how the cars go as the year would have just started. But come March they would have got 2014 working lol.

Cannot believe martini will not let them use the livery for the Williams :(

I might just give it a miss only played 2013 for a few races just could not get into it at all. Tbh I think I was just bored of f1 in general. But they really need to get the steering wheel right as I don't like playing f1 games with the controller as it's more fun with the wheel. Might give 2013 one more chance this week as I'm now bored with gt6.

F1 games used to be released in April/May with no problems getting the competitive order right. Codemasters have no excuse.

Yeah they do it's Codemasters lol. Let hope from now on they can get them out for the start of the year.

If they got the physics right to start with and stop changing them every year they could have just done a season update.

Even they admitted 2013 was a mistake and they did not get 2013 right as they worked too much on the older stuff.

With 2014 and 15 you will only get them years and not the extra stuff.

I think 2015 will be the one to get and they will put more effort into that than 2014.

So I'm currently in the process of completing The Last of Us since getting the remastered version. I never played the original version so this was a huge surprise. The game is amazing and the story is compelling. Highly recommend!

ThomVD said:
Do any of you guys play Dark Souls?

I don't, but I do play:

ThomVD said:
I love many games really. From Heavy Rain , Journey/Flower

and their ilk.

I tend to play games that I can either work my way through methodically, enjoying the "experience" to the point that the story is finished (from Beyond: Two Souls to Tomb Raider to Tokyo Jungle and even racing games where you're always going towards a goal).

It's either that, or games I jump into for short periods and that offer rewards of some kind. Opening up new levels, new abilities, items, etc.

However, I actually love games that are a complete time waster. So games that I can just sandbox in with my own made up goals.

The problem is, I also hate getting involved in them.

It's down to the fact that my time playing is very limited these days, so I need to get a "quick fix" of reward. That could be a direct new thing (in game item, level, trophy/achievement/whatever) or just an advancement of the story and another step towards the final goal of finishing the game.

If I play a game for 4 hours (and really enjoy myself), but don't really actually get much back from it - then I tend to ditch it, even if I'm really enjoying it. It's play for plays sake and it's sad that I can't really enjoy it. If I didn't literally find myself lost for 4 hours straight, it would be a different matter, but I really do lose 4 hours when I should only be spending 30 minutes.

Anyway, games... I picked up Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix for £12 over the weekend and have been giving it a good go.

I had it on the PS2, but found after the initial island section (which was frustrating for me) that the main game when you hit the first world was also quite frustrating. It was clunky, the camera was awful and the whole thing was a bit confusing. So Minor_Furie played it instead and got quite a way in - then the disk broke and I never tried going back to it.

It's good then that the remix came out with improvements and it's nowhere near as annoying as it was. The camera is "better", but the platforming is still just as frustrating. However, it works. I'm half enjoying it. Some good times mixed with bad times. Wonderland was a mix of awful 1990's PS1 style platforming and puzzle solving, then some really great, mind bending exploration that worked. Hercules was decent combat, then the Tarzan world (where I am now) is back to a mix of awkward platforming and decent exploration.

It realy is a mixed bag game wise, but it's the character of the game that stands out. It's really good.

I'm looking forward to the PS4 version of Kingdom Hearts 3 with hopefulyl a more modern day approach to creating a game.

Just miss out a game, it'll kill the franchise and Sony will get it back on the cheap. Even cross platform it sold a lot more on PS3 than it did on 360 the last few titles.

Seems to be that Microsoft waved a massive exclusivity packet at Square Enix and when they went to Sony to match it Sony told them to **** off.