What's new

The Games we play...

^Yeah, it does for anything USEFUL.

It's about £5 a month (here, obv, that's what, 100000 CD?), or 40 for a year.

^ Yeah, well at least in the UK it does. Its around £30-£40 for 12 months depending on where you buy it from. Not sure how much it is in Canada though...

Re: Re: The Games we play...

Pierre said:
Ollie, on the PS Blog they have answered some questions.

The two free games are yours to keep indefinitely.

Any content downloaded through PS+ will expire at the end of the 30 day free trial.

I only have LBP out of those five games so for me its a bonus <3
I'm sure I read that if you download stuff that's discounted through PS plus, you get to keep it indefinitely. The other stuff expires though, yeah.

Lain said:
I'm sure I read that if you download stuff that's discounted through PS plus, you get to keep it indefinitely. The other stuff expires though, yeah.
Ollie said:
Yeah I saw that after. I think they said though that anything you BUY using discounts etc from PS+ you get to keep though.
I've totally already said that. :p

^Yeah, it does for anything USEFUL.

It's about £5 a month (here, obv, that's what, 100000 CD?), or 40 for a year.

Haha 5 pounds is like 8 dollars.

And okay, thanks for clarifying. I don't see a purpose for me to get Xbox live anyway.

And another thing I just thought. Couldn't people just game-share to get them all? Where you log onto a friends account and re-download the game from the "my purchases" section.
I remember a couple of games you could only download once and I think Wipeout was one of them. But what's there stopping people do it with the other games?

Lain said:
Pierre said:

Any content downloaded through PS+ will expire at the end of the 30 day free trial.

Yes thats right, thanks for clarifying that Lain! Couldn't see it anywhere else...

Pierre said:
Lain said:
Pierre said:

Yes thats right, thanks for clarifying that Lain! Couldn't see it anywhere else...

Whoops! xD

Seems like Sony are having issues again...

Eurogamer has seen video evidence that verifies reports that Sony's PlayStation Network password reset system suffers from an exploit that allows attackers to change your password using only your PSN account email and your date of birth – information compromised in the PSN hack of 20th April.

Sony today made PSN sign-in unavailable for a number of its websites, including PlayStation.com and the PlayStation forums. All PlayStation game titles are also unavailable.

Crucially, the website users are directed to by password reset emails is now down.

"Unfortunately this also means that those who are still trying to change their password via Playstation.com or Qriocity.com will be unable to do so for the time being," Sony said. "This is due to essential maintenance and at present it is unclear how long this will take.

"In the meantime you will still be able to sign into PSN via your PlayStation 3 and PSP devices to connect to game services and view Trophy/Friends information."

Sony later tweeted: "Clarification: this maintenance doesn't affect PSN on consoles, only the website you click through to from the password change email."

The exploit was first revealed on Nyleveia.com.

"I would suggest that you secure your accounts now by creating a completely new email that you will not use ANYWHERE ELSE, and switching your PSN account to use this new email," recommends the site.

"You risk having your account stolen, when this hack becomes more public, if you do not make sure that your PSN account's email is one that cannot be affiliated with or otherwise traced to you."

NeoGAF users have also corroborated the claim.

Nyleveia claims to have contacted Sony about the exploit. "The system went down approximately 15 minutes after I received a response from SCEE on the matter."

Sony has taken the page in question down, and with any luck is fixing the exploit.

Eurogamer has contacted Sony for comment.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-18-sonys-psn-password-page-hacked

Sony were stupid for letting people access through the website with "retrieve password" available using the details hackers stole. They really needed to just allow the change through a console, or an "email response with random generated password/exclusive link.

Idiots.

I wonder how much this has cost Sony in total.

I think it will definitely affect sales of the PS4 or whatever they call it.

^ Yeah, I've heard a few differernt prices been reported from different sites. Ranging from £750 Million to £2 Billion.

I think it will affect sales on PSN in the coming months to be honest. People will be worried about entering card details now to purchase things from the store.

Started Portal 2 and completed it within 7 hours yesterday and thought it was really good. Still retains all the dark humour and sarcasm of the first one, but what made Portal so good was it short and sweet it had good replay value, where was Portal 2 is more tedious (especially in those lower level maps). A lot of the maps were just 'find small patch of wall' or 'use two portals to jump long distance'.

But still good non-the-less.

8/10 (I've not had the chance to play co-op yet, as sister got it from LoveFilm)

L.A. Noire

Coar this is addictive... Loving it so far as the cases have been relatively compelling and not stupid...

The face technology is brilliantly done and seeing all the little tweaks of the face of the characters is something that is so unique and will probably be used a lot more in the future...

Gameplay is very similar to GTA in the driving and shooting aspects, but there is not much else similar... The game allows you various difficulties of finding clues with music and vibrations, and questioning people is actually pretty difficult...

Overall, I'm enjoying it a lot...

Portal 2...need I say more? Probably...

I have played through the singleplayer and coop. Both unique and fun. Coop is so much better with a friend or else it's just plain frustrating because people are dumb, lol. I think it has great replay value and I have enjoyed going for the achievements...have most of them and they are easier to get that in Portal but I think the game is amazing and should definitely be in the runnings for the best game of the decade. If you haven't given it a chance, DO!

Well 2 games recently:

Brink

I dont care what people say about this game, it's so much fun, if not a bit difficult. The single player is solid and a failure doesn't necessarily feel like a failure. But go one line with real players who use strategy and have ideas what they are doing suddenly the game just escalates. The characters customization is endless , I have yet to see a similar character from anyone. Why this game has been getting so much **** is beyond me.

9/10

L.A. Noire

Picked it up for $6, but I don't understand the hype, so far the story is just a hodgepodge of random cases, with barely a connection. The game play is typical rockstar, clunky controls and shooting. I can already begin to feel repetition, get a case, look for clues, question people, drive somewhere else, wash, rinse, repeat. The questioning is very difficult. Thus far the game is just okay, lets hope it gets better before it falls into the same category of Red Dead Remeption and GTA IV of "To repetitive to finish"

7/10 (so far)