What's new

The Games we play...

Smithy said:
PSN is back up in the UK guys.

My PS3 won't even connect to the internet now. It finds my network, and obtains an IP address, but fails when it's testing the internet connection.

I'm confused =/

Oh wait, I fixed it. xD *downloading update*

Yeah Tay, GTAIV is a bit ****.

Episodes is FAB though <3

I don't know if it's IV, but the title just says GTA *insert roman numerals here* and Episodes from Liberty City. The controls just annoy me because I'm use to my basic games. It's the one that starts with that guy named Roman or something.

I feel so IN talking about xbox <3

I love GTAIV. I rarely play much else if I just want to relax. It's great fun.

Although I do always load The Ballad of Gay Tony because you get parachutes! :p

I enjoyed The Lost and the Damned, then played a bit of Ballad of Gay Tony, but I just don't like Liberty City. BOGT was probably the best of the lot, but I've sunk so many hours into Liberty City and I just hate it. I don't know why, but I've not liked it on any of the games right back to the first one in 1998 or whenever it was.

Just Cause 2 is where it's all at in terms of open world run, gun hijacking fun is at (with parachutes).

I picked up Dead Rising 2 yesterday for some mindless zombie killing action. It's quite good. It's not excellent, but it's quite good and will keep me occupied for a little while at least :)

I haven't finished IV yet either, lol. (IV = 4, Tay :p)

"NICO, IS YOUR COUSIN" and the fact there's no mid-mission check-points so you end up repeating HUGE sections of the game if you die, just puts me utterly, utterly off.

Plus, like Phil said, Liberty City is BORING. Why recreate New York, which is **** in real life, for fun? San Andreas <3 LA <3

Ollie said:
I still haven't completed that haha.

Me neither. It just seemed to get a bit dull and lose its appeal with me.

I'm not sure whether I prefer Vice City or San Andreas better. Vice City definitely had the better theme/setting, but then there was a lot more to do in San Andreas...

Playstation users (in Europe)!

Due to the recent outage, there are free things!

Thirty free days of PSPlus (sixty if you're a member already), and any two of the following for free:

LittleBigPlanet
Infamous
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation

Not bad!

I want to get the Ratchet and Clank game as I don't want to pay for such a short game. But I want to make the most out of the free stuff so will probably get Infamous and Wipeout.

I'm sure I read somewhere that if you get something with Playstation plus and then your subscription expires you cant use it until you renew your subscription. Is this true? And does this mean we'll lose access to the two free games unless we sign up for PS+ once our free 30 days expires? Or do you not get it under that?

And are we able to get the free games now or are we still waiting for the store to come back online? Not used my Playstation in ages lol.

You have to wait for the store to come back online to get the free games. I'm not sure about the Playstation Plus stuff, though.

Link.

I suspect the Plus stuff will expire after the 30 days. I guess it's more of a free trial then?

Wipeout is good, but Dead Nation is awesome, go for that :)

Generally a meagre offering though of old IP and both LBP and Wipeout I have as part of the PS+ package, so it's actually a choice of 2 out of 3 for me... Only I own Dead Nation so I guess that's my two decided, only I bought Infamous at retail shortly after release... Yeah, cheers Sony :lol: I do think it's a little unfair giving away games that you've already given to user before. Still, they didn't actually have to do anything as PSN is a free additional service, so I'm not going to complain too much.

Also just realised. If you have 2 PSN accounts on your PS3 does that mean you get two for each account?
As if it's free then can't you get it from the American store if you have an American PSN as well?

I think it will probably be one per Master Account. So if your US account is a secondary account, then you can't do it. I don't know for definite though.

Ollie, on the PS Blog they have answered some questions.

The two free games are yours to keep indefinitely.

Any content downloaded through PS+ will expire at the end of the 30 day free trial.

I only have LBP out of those five games so for me its a bonus <3

^Yeah I saw that after. I think they said though that anything you BUY using discounts etc from PS+ you get to keep though.
If you can get 2 games from each account then I can see loads of people abusing it. As it doesn't it with your PSN log in. It doesn't know which user on your console is the main one.

I also love how magically included in that are two of the properties that have had/are getting big sequels this year ¬_¬

It surprises me they didn't just throw in Uncharted to thinly disguise their attempts to then get people to buy the sequels ¬_¬