What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Re: New coaster for Ireland....

Nemesis Inferno said:
Outlaw Run cost $10m, which is about €7.5m... So potentially yes...

Cheers, hoping Ian gets some news from the park then. Would be fab having one so close to home.
Certain released details do point to it though, it's around the same height as OR, same trains, near identical speed, but being 1700ft longer would struggle to keep up the pace of OR, if it has similar elements.

tks

Strata Poster

Is the money to pay for this coming from their bailout fund?

nadroJ said:
tks said:
Wtf Tayto Park??? Can't wait for the Potato famine experience dark ride <3

Ahahaaaa <3 Conor's getting so pissed off with all these comments it's amazing <3

Actually I've decided it's going to be a restaurant that only serves potato. Except it will always be sold out of potato.

Lofty

CF Legend

According to ThemeParks.ie:

ThemeParks.ie can exclusively reveal this morning that the proposed wood coaster at Tayto Park is to be built by The Gravity Group.

The new ride is expected to cost €8.5 million euro and will have a track length of 1.4km (4593ft), a maximum height of 32m (105ft), and a top speed of 105km/h (65mph).

Here's a photograph of Fjord Flying Dragon, another Gravity Group design that opened last July in Happy Valley, Tianjin, China.

Click the top link to go to their Facebook and source.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

The chap at Tayto Park emailed me back yesterday asking what I'd like to know. I sent him a list of questions, hopefully he'll reply today. I'm not doubting themeparks.ie at all but the FB post doesn't say what the source is.

Planning permission is going in at the end of the month.

EthC

Mega Poster

Am I right in saying that if this is a GG ride then it will be the first woodie in europe to use the timberliner trains? I maybe be wrong but it sounds incredibly cool! And obviously they can do inversions like the one news report said, so hopefully the coaster will be a great one and not one that wants to break your back like Hades 360.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

I've said it before and I'll say it again: timberliner trains are s**te and nobody should be hoping for them.

Yes, they're smooth, but the restraints destroy any semblence of a decent ride. Imagine the restraints of a Maurer X-Car (think G-Force from Drayton Manor) on a woodie; that's all they are.

They're **** ing s**te.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

gavin said:
Yes, they're smooth, but the restraints destroy any semblence of a decent ride. Imagine the restraints of a Maurer X-Car (think G-Force from Drayton Manor) on a woodie; that's all they are.

They're **** ing s**te.
Like Loup Garou then

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I've had an email back from park management so the following is sourced from the park:
  • Designed by The Gravity Group.
  • The park will use local carpenters and tradesmen and a number of their experienced tradesmen to construct.
  • The stats have not been finalised but the park quoted 32m (105 ft) high, length between 1.1km and 1.4km (3609-4593 ft) long, top speed just under 100kph (62mph).
  • "It will be by far the largest wooden coaster in the UK and Ireland and will be competing in the top 5 most exciting coasters in Europe."
  • Operating by Easter of 2015 (very early April), planning permission dependant.
  • Planning permission will be submitted at the end of January.
I have also requested the name and any imagery they might have (awaiting reply). We've also been offered a tour when we visit in 2015.

Lofty

CF Legend

That's fantastic news Ian.

I seriously hope they in fact gain permission for it.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

That's FANTASTIC news.
At last, a chance of something decent within a reasonable distance from home.

nadroJ

CF Legend

So fab yaaay <3 I hope we have to wear Tayto themed hard-hats when we have the tour ^.^

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Hoping for something similar to RFII. This could be the catalyst to the re-emergence of the woodie in the UK!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

The park replied regarding the name - it's undecided. That's undecided as not yet known, not it's actual name :lol:

Imagery will be released with planning permission.

I have been invited over for a construction tour later in the year. I'm really excited about this. Really excited. I love Boardwalk Bullet and Twister so I'm happy that it's Gravity Group. Not been on Hades 360 but I have done Outlaw Run which I love to bits so I'm not going to fapp too much just yet, but yeah, great news!

I'm lighting my Coaster Gods Altar and crossing all fingers and toes for planning permission.

EthC

Mega Poster

I think for that height, 1.1km seems more likely. I'm so excited though, I'm going there in April next year so if it gets the planning permission, i will be a happy bunny seeming it will be the first woodie in the British isles, in by that time 19 years (megafobia) so it will be good to see, as for the timberliners, I don't really care with the restraints they don't bother me as such as long as its smooth imma happy!

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

gavin said:
Imagine the restraints of a Maurer X-Car (think G-Force from Drayton Manor) on a woodie; that's all they are.

Just slightly less likely to cut you in 2 though!

I'd prefer a GCI, but this should be pretty damned good!

Belfast Conor

Roller Poster
New coaster for Ireland....

This is clearly going to get planning permission. It's too big a project for Irish builders, who have suffered out of the recession. And the impact to the local tourist industry is too big to turn down.

This means that they will more than likely get a **** load of grants from the government to pay for it. So we won't be using the money from our bail out. We use that to buy helicopters and flights for our kids to leave Ireland.

Tatyo is a great Irish brand and as Irish as Guinness, potatoes and blowing up the English. Also has a longer life span than any angry bird.

Great news all round I think. I am looking forward to feeling ashamed of you all when we do an Irish live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Planning application is in, Ride references bolded.

http://www.meath.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=DA140100&LASiteID=0

Received Decision
17/02/2014 13/04/2014

"Extension of the existing Tayto Park facility on a site of approximately 18.1ha to include: a New Vehicular Entrance to Tayto Park from the R155; a new Roundabout Junction on the R155 at Robinson's Cross Roads and associated works to the public road including localised road realignment, street lighting, drainage and landscaping; an Entrance Arch feature; an Internal Access Road incorporating a Vehicular Bridge and a separate Pedestrian Bridge of the River Hurley; and a new Car Parking Area to provide a total of 1,917 no. car parking to serve the entire facility. The development also provides for construction of Complementary Visitor Facilities and Attractions within the extended area to include a 2 storey Admissions Building (1,396sqm) incorporating entrance hall, administration, ancillary retail and toilets; a Wooden Rollercoaster with a ride length of 1,081m, an overall plan area of 1.38ha and a maximum height above ground level of 33.3m, and all ancillary plant and development works to include a Station Platform (157.5sqm), a Storage/Maintenance Shed (157sqm); a Control Room (22sqm); a Motor House (22sqm) and an associated Retail Outlet (15sqm); an indoor "Dark Ride" attraction which is completely enclosed within a Hall (548sqm) with an overall height of 13.25sqm; an "Air Race" attraction with a maximum height of 12.8m; and a Toilet Block (76sqm). Associated and ancillary site development works including 3 no. Surface Water Attenuation Ponds; Pumping Station with Emergency Storage Tank, Supplementary Foul Water Storage Tank; Acoustic Barrier (at entrance from R155); Site Services; Landscaping; Boundary Treatments; Lighting and Walkways throughout the extension area. An Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) has been submitted to the Planning Authority in respect of this planning application"