What's new

Tayto Park | Cú Chulainn Coaster | Gravity Group

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Re: New coaster for Ireland....

Yeah, it's like Hersheypark...for crisps. Omg, I really hope they have a 'the history of the crisp' dark ride

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

Intamin prefab is out if the budget is correct.

I honestly don't think it means prefab track anyway. The information so far is so horribly inaccurate that I think it just means an American company are designing it, not that it's being "made in America" and shipped over.

tks

Strata Poster

Wtf Tayto Park??? Can't wait for the Potato famine experience dark ride <3

andrus

Giga Poster

Hmm, I guess "biggest" refers to lengthiest woodie in Europe. Which would make sense! And I couldn't find any information of it being a prefab?? Just that it will be built in America (i.e. probably designed). Interesting project anyway!

nadroJ

CF Legend

tks said:
Wtf Tayto Park??? Can't wait for the Potato famine experience dark ride <3

Ahahaaaa <3 Conor's getting so pissed off with all these comments it's amazing <3

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Bit more detail from http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/round ... ayto-park/:

A massive wooden roller coaster, which will be the second biggest in Europe, will be part of a €25 million expansion at Tayto Park planned for 2015.
The park’s owner, Ray Coyle, has confirmed that he will be lodging a planning application with Meath County Council shortly for a massive extension to the park near Ashbourne, which attracted almost half a million visitors last year.

The roller coaster alone will cost €8.5 million and will be a centrepiece of a development which will include new rides, a new entrance and additional parking and facilities.
The new development is expected to increase the workforce to 550 at peak times from the 220 which were employed there last summer.

The roller coaster will be the second biggest in Europe in terms of speed and length. “It will be 1.4km long, and 32 metres at its highest point, have a top speed of 105km/h and it will be able to take 700 people an hour,” he added.
There will be two trains on the attraction, each of them with 12 seats, and 25 per cent of the ride will involve travelling through loops.

The wooden ride, which will take up about 2.8 acres, has to be built specially in the United States to suit the site. The only roller coaster with bigger dimensions in Europe is at Europa Park in south-western Germany. The new Meath rollercoaster will be one of the 10 largest in the world.
Mr Coyle said that if planning permission is granted, he expects the new extension to be open for business in spring of 2015.

There will be two trains on the attraction, each of them with 12 seats, and 25 per cent of the ride will involve travelling through loops.

and 25 per cent of the ride will involve travelling through loops.

:shock:

EthC

Mega Poster

OMG It must be RMC or GG if thats the case!!!!

**Books trip to tatyo park**

:shock:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Loops??? Do they mean... Inversions..? :p

EthC

Mega Poster

furie said:
Loops??? Do they mean... Inversions..? :p

Either way very, very exciting. If it is an RMC , a completely unknown Irish Park would be of been the last on my mind to get europes first RMC. Much excite!

Intricks

Strata Poster

Isnt the helices on the Vekoma Moto-Bike coaster referred to as "Horizontal loops"? Could they just mean the ride will be nothing more than a giant, wooden toilet bowl?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I've emailed the park hoping for a bit more info but I'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I guess somebody better keep an eye on the planning applications.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster

I think this very well could be an RMC, but that would be the biggest surprise in Europe coaster history, because such a small park would get it.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

I'm not saying its an RMC but was anyone here when CCI and Oakwood announced Megaphobia? That must have been on the same level or unexpectedness?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^ Pre-internet. Coaster clubs would've been around, but I can't imagine that there'd be anything remotely like the announcements we get now.

I went to Oakwood the year Megafobia opened, simply because we were on a family holiday in the area. We had no idea there was a wooden coaster there until we actually went in and saw it.