What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I can't find the thread about Panic Coaster - Back Daan but the ride actually does have two trains of sixteen passengers each. Should be interesting to see how two train ops are on this ride, considering the weird station setup.

Stats:-
  • 53m width.
  • 38m depth.
  • 4.1m (13.5ft) tall.
  • 234m (767.7ft) track length.
  • 30km/h (18.6mph) max speed.
Wow. So yeah, this thing is tiny.

https://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/references/reference-list/asia/black-daaan-en-us/

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I can't find the thread about Panic Coaster - Back Daan but the ride actually does have two trains of sixteen passengers each. Should be interesting to see how two train ops are on this ride, considering the weird station setup.
Could it be that the storage area has another switch with two parallel storage tracks? So they don't (/can't) ever really run two trains, but have a spare for maintenance.

Dan1989

Mega Poster
Apologies if there is a post on this already but I thought It warranted it's own topic rather than in the small news section. I was jusr reading the local news paper and came across this article https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/...tabbing-at-blackpool-pleasure-beach-1-9730676

I have been the park about 5 times this year and everything within security has seemed tight (they even took 2 Alan keys I had in my wallet off me).
I'm aware this happened outside the park but such a shame we are getting all these stabbings everywhere!

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
An interesting video from the brand new Imagic Park in Mexico City. The park features a an indoor Wiegand Wie Flyer and appears to be pretty well themed.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm intrigued by that go kart track surface...

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Looks like the ownership of Parques Reunidos might change:
Piolin BidCo launches takeover bid for Spain's Parques Reunidos
April 26 (Reuters) - Investment vehicle Piolin BidCo said on Friday it has launched a takeover bid for Spain's Parques Reunidos for 14 euros($15.59) per share, including a premium of 29 percent, valuing the company at around 1.13 billion euros.

The takeover offer is for 55.79 percent of the Spanish amusement park operator's shares, excluding the 44 percent already in the hands of the bidders that control the investment vehicle.

Piolin (the Spanish name for Warner Bros Tweety Pie animation) Bidco is 50.01 percent owned by the investment company EQT, 23.96 percent owned by Miles Capital (Groupe Bruxelles Lambert) and 26.03 percent owned by Alba Europe (Corporacion Financiera Alba ).

Parques Reunidos' share price jumped as much as 29 percent after the offer in early trade, the highest in 10 months.
https://www.nasdaq.com/article/piol...id-for-spains-parques-reunidos-20190426-00149

Now, I don't think this will have much of an implication for the parks. They've always operated quite autonomously, doing their own thing as long as money flows steadily to Madrid. This news seems more about what happens to that money stream after it has reached the corporate machine, who gets to own what and so on.

Niles

Giga Poster
Phantom manor is back, from watching a old video it seems they have updated the pre show and enhanced the whole experience.

Thankfully it still looks to be the most sinister of the Disney haunted houses.

And still miffed that I missed the opening of it

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Don't get me started on the Phantom Manor refurb. The lighting and a few other minor things are better, but virtually everything else they have changed is a downgrade, especially the removal of the original score in some parts for the cheesy Haunted Mansion music.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Easy, have two arms down and then rotate the other two down? Then start to rotate two arms and then the other two.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
It looks kind of like a Hrubertz Downdraft! Also, that ride is oddly satisfying to watch with all its moving parts - just me being a geek. :p

Lofty

CF Legend
This is so weird. I wonder if this can operate well in rain, or wind, or sun... Zamperla are slightly questionable. Lol.