What's new

Small News From The Theme Park Industry

Didn’t know if this was worth a new topic but I’m going to pose a question which might take it off topic? So Mods if you think it should move please do!

Velocity at Flamingo Land had recently been closed for a number of weeks for maintenance, since reopening they have increased the minimum height restriction to 5’ (1.52m)!

Is this the tallest height requirement for any ride in the UK? I’ve never heard of anything else that high.

Didn’t know if this was worth a new topic but I’m going to pose a question which might take it off topic? So Mods if you think it should move please do!

Velocity at Flamingo Land had recently been closed for a number of weeks for maintenance, since reopening they have increased the minimum height restriction to 5’ (1.52m)!

Is this the tallest height requirement for any ride in the UK? I’ve never heard of anything else that high.
A height restriction of 5ft? A fair few shorter adults might be shut out of that! I’d agree with you that that sounds like the highest minimum height restriction I’ve heard of…

While it has odd, uncomfortable restraints, Velocity isn’t even a particularly intense or rough ride. I wonder what’s brought that on? Wasn’t the height restriction only 1.3m before?

It's been a minute. I was beginning to wonder if you would be back.:)
I'm glad it wasn't like that when we visited with Mushy or Aidan wouldn't have been able to ride and it was his favorite in the park back then.

It's been a minute. I was beginning to wonder if you would be back.:)
I'm glad it wasn't like that when we visited with Mushy or Aidan wouldn't have been able to ride and it was his favorite in the park back then.
I did LWV with you, not the place that shall not be named

But it is a shame that the height limit has been increased. I think that would make it the same height limit as either Magnum Force or Bullet was? I wouldn't know that one sadly as I didn't goto the park back then

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

A fire broke out at PortAventura's Costa Caribe waterpark on Monday. An electrical transformer reportedly caught fire next to one of the park's restrooms, causing smoke to spread all over the water park. The area was evacuated, and Costa Caribe is currently closed for "maintenance work" while the cause of the fire is being investigated.

A 13-year-old girl died on Wednesday after being found unconscious in a pool at Discovery Cove theme park in Orlando, Florida, on Tuesday. The girl was rushed to a hospital, where she was later pronounced dead. Authorities are looking into the cause of the incident. Source
That was at the end of May and now this...
A man in his 60s was found unresponsive on Saturday in a pool at Discovery Cove. The man was rushed to a hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. Officials are looking into the cause of the incident. Source

I did LWV with you, not the place that shall not be named

But it is a shame that the height limit has been increased. I think that would make it the same height limit as either Magnum Force or Bullet was? I wouldn't know that one sadly as I didn't goto the park back then

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
MF and Bullet were only 4ft 6” so about 137cm.

ECG, I am always lurking around the “thoosie” community here or social media (in between supporting ‘Boro’s new USMNT star, Aidan Morris, of course!)

Reactions: ECG
So apparently Phantasialand has been using AI art in multiple places... :/

Damn. Damn damn damn. Of any independent park, Phantasialand would be right at the bottom of my list of expecting a place to do this. Really wonder what the process was for these to find their way onto the park. Really quite disappointing.

That park can do no wrong in my eyes. Let em use AI.. they are pioneers in the industry…

I honestly couldn't care less whether it was made by AI or not as long as it looks nice and at the end of the day it's cost effective.

Really wonder what the process was for these to find their way onto the park.
Frankly I wouldn't be surprised if someone higher up who didn't know better actually hired somebody they thought was a graphic designer, it happens unfortunately that people fill their portfolio with either stolen or ai-generated (ai isn't really accurate for this generative stuff but the moniker has stuck) pieces and if the recruiter isn't a designer themselves they might not realize. I would hope their pre-existing visual team responsible for their earlier stuff didn't stoop down to it.

It's not damaged, they were just trying to beat Universal to a coaster which appears to "jump a hole in the track"

Oh wow, how lucky that it was gotten on video! But yes, it looks like it looks gnarlier than it is as it seems the structural bits are still whole and straight.