What's new

Slowest Moving Line you have been in

ambernicole92

Roller Poster
I've never really waited in a line that was TOO long. But I think the longest line I've ever waited in was Flight of Fear at King's Dominion. And then I waited in line for I305 for what felt like FOREVER one time. It probably only felt like forever because it was so hot though.

kimahri

CF Legend
EDIT: Your sig is too **** big dude... and thus I got confused with the ride you were on about...

I queue'd for Tidal Wave for some time. It felt really long. Drop Towers are kind of the same.

Inverse

Hyper Poster
Boarder control into the USA?

Coaster wise I gotta go for Thirteen... I didn't even get there in the end! Ended in a complete break down after many little ones. I did moan some fast tracks out of the park for the next day however, so there was a slight plus.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Any Disney ride with out a fastpass -_- , the longest I think i've ever waited was a little over 3 hours for Expedition Everest on in its opening season.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Thing is, I think there's a difference between a long line and a slow line. Disney has massive lines, purely due to the vast number of people who visit the parks, however they are fairly good at chewing through the queue. You may be queuing for ages, but you're not stood on the same spot for half an hour at a time. A queue with 50 people in that takes 3 hours to clear is a slow queue. You see the point I'm trying to make?

I think yours may be more of a 'long' queue than a 'slow' queue. :D

Ben

CF Legend
^Don't bother Hixx, we've had this discussion already in the thread, but, some people still can't catch the distinction between long and slow.

Clifton

Roller Poster
tribar said:
The title says it all. For me the answer is not V2, not Vu (Never rode it) and not Rajun Cajun. It actually was TTD. I don't know if it just had a bad crew, or if it was because of high winds but as many of you know TTD boards two trains at a time. They dispatched a pair of trains ever 5-6 mins. Is this always how TTD operates.

Anyways what about you????

Hmm. well compared to ttd, kingda ka has bursts of speed. like the line is completely stalled for about 3 to 5 minutes and then you move up a bunch... so on average its an ok-moving line.
Besides that, Batwing at SFA is probably the slowest ive been in. Besides the fact that they only run 1 train ALWAYS these days, it takes a WHILE to load one 4x7 seating arrangements. Also, there are about 6-10 seats open on everytrain, even if its a packed park. to add on to THAT, it certainly breaks down about 1ce every half hour. fairly legitimate, too.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Hixee said:
^Thing is, I think there's a difference between a long line and a slow line. Disney has massive lines, purely due to the vast number of people who visit the parks, however they are fairly good at chewing through the queue. You may be queuing for ages, but you're not stood on the same spot for half an hour at a time. A queue with 50 people in that takes 3 hours to clear is a slow queue. You see the point I'm trying to make?

I think yours may be more of a 'long' queue than a 'slow' queue. :D

Well in that case the "slowest" moving line I've been in was stealth. It broke down while I was line and i ended up waiting for 2 hours to ride a one-trick pony :p. Still worth it though

Rankle07

Roller Poster
Rita, on opening year. went on a weekend and in the middle of summer. spent 3 and a half hours in the que.
In the que i timed the length of rita.....28 seconds i counted. 3 HOURS! for a 28 second ride!

shame on me for going at that time of year i guess...

Rankle07

Roller Poster
^ the line wasnt really that long ( in my opinion anyway) they just took ages before each launch. dunno if it was because it was the first year and they hadn't worked out all the kinks on the loading times.

michaellll

Mega Poster
Ollie, I freaking love Soarin's queue. It's really a shame if they weren't working as they help pass the time considerably. Maybe your line didn't realize they were games :lol:

Although Gwazi's line is always short, the dispatchers are horrible and can be a very annoying when waiting for maybe 2 or 3 cycles becomes 20 minutes. smh.

How about Firehawk at KI? It's the only vekoma flier I've been on so I can' t compare it to others, but the line truly crawled.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Ben said:
The fact is, there are NO Disney rides (or even Floridian parks in general) that have the actual slowest moving lines ever. Like, at all.

Pteradon Flyers being the exception to that. It averages 120-240 pph.

coasterman

Roller Poster
Shockwave at Kings Dominion. When I went, there was only a line in the station. What seemed like it would be walk on, changed to a 25 minute wait.

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Okay, I have QUITE a story about this. We were at BGW and it was getting late. We walked past Big Bad Wolf (which we had yet to ride) and my dad said "Let's do the Dark Castle one more time for your mom." He ALWAYS has to make my mom (who's so chicken she grabbed my arm on an ARROW MINE TRAIN) happy at parks, even though she doesn't mind holding the bags. Anyway, I said "Dad, we haven't ridden Big Bad Wolf yet and there's no line." But dad, who ALWAYS has to impress my mom at parks said "Let's do nice things for others." And I was THIRTEEN at the time, so it was annoying. Anyway, we HAD to queue for Darkastle for about THREE HOURS just so we could impress my sissy mom.It wasn't a very interesting queue and the ride, while my favorite dark ride, was definitely not worth missing out on Big Bad Wolf. By the time we were out it was dark and we were scheduled to see Kinetix, so we went there. And it wasn't even that spectacular. Anyway, after it was over, I said "Can we go over and ride Big Bad Wolf now?" And my dad, who thinks he knows absolutely everything, said "Next time, Jarrett." This was 2007 and we didn't go back to Busch, and they tore it down 2 years later. You can imagine how mad I was at my dad for making us wait in that queue. Here, queues didn't just annoy me, they ruined my park experience forever.

Infernus

Hyper Poster
To all those who mentioned Saw... Must've been when I wasn't working on it.. We always hit throughput and smashed '10s yearly throughput.

For me, I'd have to say Shockwave at Drayton Manor.. Painfully slow queue, along with G-Force come to think of it..

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Space Mountain, Disneyland. Went last may with my school band and orchestra and had to amble around with some GP friends who thought that it was the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. Ended up spending 2 hours in line for it knowing full well that it would be mediocre and in every way not worth the wait, which just made it seem even longer. The really sad part is that we didn't have park hopper tickets so we could go ride a halfway decent ride. :roll:

Bear

Roller Poster
Mumbo Jumbo at Flamingoland. Maybe 100-150 people in the queue, waited 90 mins. I would moan a bit more but I'm afraid that's pretty typical!