What's new

Slowest Moving Line you have been in

Martyn B

CF Legend
Has to be Vleermuis (The Bat) at Plopsaland de Panne for me, that was painfully slow.

1 adult per car is always going to be agony really...

Brookes

Giga Poster
Here are the worst I've experienced:

Soarin' (Epcot)
Saw
Mumbo Jumbo - can a queue actually move slower than this?
V2: Vertical Velocity - the operations were awful
Ninja (SFMM)
X2's seemed a little slow, either that or I just couldn't wait to ride it

tribar

Mega Poster
I hate the queues where you feel like you're making no progress.

This is what the topic is supposed to be on. Slowest Moving Line not the longest you've waited for a ride. Just a reminder :--D

s15c

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
Easy. Soarin' at Epcot.
It just doesn't make sense. You get about 50 people on per ride. Yet every time the queue moves it only seems to go forwards about people.
Plus it's really bad for queue jumping and the queue is the most boring thing ever.

Same deal here, except the games in the queue broke while we were there and got stuck on a troll character going "GRUB GRUb GRub Grub grub... GRUB GRUb" etc. It was bad.

Ollie

CF Legend
tribar said:
This is what the topic is supposed to be on. Slowest Moving Line not the longest you've waited for a ride.
That's not what I meant though. I was on about how you get the feeling you're not getting any further in the queue. It may be moving pretty fast but if you're stuck in a cattlepen for ages that goes all over the place you feel that you're still not getting any closer to the ride.

Ben

CF Legend
^Then you were posting wrong Ollie...

That's not the same thing at all. That's longest line, not what the guy is after.

Because I doubt ANY Disney ride belongs here, even Soarin.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Ollie said:
^There were games in the queue? :/
Must be in the one in Disneyland as there wasn't at WDW.

Yeah there are games at WDW. The giant screens on the left side of the queue are operated by waving your arms in the air.

Martyn B

CF Legend
In the UK, it would have to be the two poorest capacity coasters we have, Enigma (PWH) and Raptor Attack (LWV).

Ollie

CF Legend
Ben said:
Then you were posting wrong Ollie...
That's not the same thing at all. That's longest line, not what the guy is after.
No, I said Soarin because the queue was REALLY slow moving. It was just later in the topic I said that about some cattlepens making it feel like you're not progressing as a COMPLETELY different thing. So Soarin was my answer for the topic but then I mentioned the other thing as something I just generally dislike.

Nicky said:
Yeah there are games at WDW. The giant screens on the left side of the queue are operated by waving your arms in the air.
There weren't any screens to the left though. It was just a brick wall. On the right there were projections but they were just painting things and there was nothing there saying you could play games and interact with it. Maybe they were just switched off when I went.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Make that the right. Yeah the projector screens. They were working when I went and most of the queue joined in. It was quite good once you got over the embarrassment factor.

tribar

Mega Poster
Ben said:
^Then you were posting wrong Ollie...

Nope Ollie's right. Soarin is bad. Test Track can be bad too. Also any single rider line moves really slow too but it usually drastically cuts down the wait.

Ben

CF Legend
Soarin' and Test Track are both "bad" by Disney standards, but, they'll both be pushing through over 1000pph at any one point...

So few rides in this country will touch 1000pph...

The fact is, there are NO Disney rides (or even Floridian parks in general) that have the actual slowest moving lines ever. Like, at all.

merga74

Roller Poster
Superman:Ultimate Flight at Great Adventure is always the slowest in the park. I have never seen more than one train moving on the track at once.

herbinator

Mega Poster
On colossus earlier this year it said 60minutes but half way round we stopped dead for about 30 and it moved so slowly. Took a lot longer than 60mins too.

Also last week a CWoA on the crypt maze, we could see the entrance and we only had the last straight to go but it took 45 minutes. Every time a group went in we didn't seem to move. Its so frustrating.

Kebab

Giga Poster
I swear I've posted on this topic before... Guess not! I can name a few anyway.

- Saw: The Ride

:p

Nic

Strata Poster
Not the longest queue I've ever been in, but I think the slowest moving has to be Speed at Oakwood.

When you've got a ride with 8 seat trains, you need to be on the ball with batching. When you're only running one of those trains, your batching needs to be epic. Sadly, it was anything but. It was frequently going round with 2 or 3 empty seats. They were only batching groups as the previous riders were disembarking, so there was always a big gap between the last people getting off and the next people getting on. It was just so unnecessary. They had someone who's sole job was batching, yet he was too busy sitting on a fence topping up his tan and/or chatting to his mate to bother.

The queue looked really short when we joined it. Shame it still took best part of an hour and a half to get on. Eugh.