What's new

Slowest Moving Line you have been in

tribar

Mega Poster
The title says it all. For me the answer is not V2, not Vu (Never rode it) and not Rajun Cajun. It actually was TTD. I don't know if it just had a bad crew, or if it was because of high winds but as many of you know TTD boards two trains at a time. They dispatched a pair of trains ever 5-6 mins. Is this always how TTD operates.

Anyways what about you????

Ben

CF Legend
The Golden Horse Spinners in China.

Four people in a car. Complicated restraints. One car on the WHOLE layout at a time...

Oh God...

The AirDiver at Tibi would have been the worse, but, never queued for and... well... now...

Ollie

CF Legend
Easy. Soarin' at Epcot.
It just doesn't make sense. You get about 50 people on per ride. Yet every time the queue moves it only seems to go forwards about people.
Plus it's really bad for queue jumping and the queue is the most boring thing ever.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Of what I've been on:

Mumbo Jumbo at Flamingoland. The opening year, they were sending out 1 train on the circuit at a time (almost) and bearing in mind the trains seat 4, it turned what would have been possibly a half hour queue, maybe less, into a 2 hour monstrosity.

Going for an obscure one, the boat ride-whatever-it's-called at Gulliver's Warrington. I've found that in general, rides with round boats (usually rapids) have a great throughput and rarely have a queue. This ride had a queue which would take about 2-3 minutes on your standard rapids. Half an hour. Absolutely horrendous throughput that ride has.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Hayabusa. Dispatches of the single train every 8-10 minutes. What should have been a 5-10 minute line took well over an hour.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Wild mouse at Dorney.

Not only are all wild mouses slow moving lines, but this one, with its extremely low capactiy of 4 people per car to begin with, only boarded 2 people per car. An extremely low capacity made even lower.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
X2. In the station, 5 train wait, 45 minutes. That ride has the worst capacity ever, especially when it is one train. I just wish when it was one train they just let train go to load station instead of stopping at the unload, because it adds about 3 extra minutes. I timed the dispatch to dispatch with a "better" crew (they all pretty much suck at SFMM) and it was 6 mins and 45 seconds. Horrible.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Enigma at Pleasurewood Hills. One train, two separate loading/unloading stations, train holds 8 people. Slowest queue ever even on empty days.

Notable mention to a former PWH attraction Mouse Trap - spinners and wild mice always have slow moving queues...

Error

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Easy. Soarin' at Epcot.
It just doesn't make sense. You get about 50 people on per ride. Yet every time the queue moves it only seems to go forwards about people.
Plus it's really bad for queue jumping and the queue is the most boring thing ever.

Easy fix: FastPass at the beginning of the day.

I did hear a rumor (From a ride host, but eh) that they were considering getting a third ride area. Although more impressive than Busch's screensaver ride, it didn't really strict me as "fantastic". And not for a 3 hour wait either.

tomahawKSU said:
X2. In the station, 5 train wait, 45 minutes. That ride has the worst capacity ever, especially when it is one train. I just wish when it was one train they just let train go to load station instead of stopping at the unload, because it adds about 3 extra minutes. I timed the dispatch to dispatch with a "better" crew (they all pretty much suck at SFMM) and it was 6 mins and 45 seconds. Horrible.

Coming from someone who worked at one briefly in Chicago, that's just Six Flags in general. Their training for rides, although with good intention, is sloppy at best. A great portion of the people working there don't give two craps about getting people on and off quickly, and the parks themselves I've never seen run more than 2 trains, even with rides that can run 3 (Raging Bull(****) comes to mind).

Anyways, Wildcat and anything like it has bad waits. I can't stand those low capacity rides.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
bizarrofan10 said:
Wild mouse at Dorney.

Not only are all wild mouses slow moving lines, but this one, with its extremely low capactiy of 4 people per car to begin with, only boarded 2 people per car. An extremely low capacity made even lower.
Amen! The only roller coaster I had to wait in line for at Dorney when I went. This truly has an awesome capacity.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
The haunting at drayton manor - the preshow stuff + ride takes about 15-20 minutes, yet I was waiting over 30 minutes for the next intake

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hydro/Drenched at Oakwood? Come on, has to get a mention. 15 minutes to load and dispatch a single boat...

nadroJ

CF Legend
The Simpsons Ride </3 Fair enough you have all the funny crap to look at and watch but it's on a loop and after an hour in that godforsaken cattlepen you sort of decide you don't really like The Simpsons anymore and want to go home.

walker1104

Mega Poster
nadroJ said:
The Simpsons Ride </3 Fair enough you have all the funny crap to look at and watch but it's on a loop and after an hour in that godforsaken cattlepen you sort of decide you don't really like The Simpsons anymore and want to go home.

Agreed. That queue can take forever sometimes. And rewatching the stuff you watched about an hour ago isn't all that fun.

Another one for me is Gwazi a couple of weeks ago. They were only running one side, but it had two trains on it. We queued from almost at the station (where a normal queue would have taken about 5 minutes) but it took us half an hour. It just seemed to take forever for the train to be loaded, restraints checked and for it to be dispatched. It was really frustrating being so close to the ride, yet it taking so long.

Dave

CF Legend
Speed at oakwood can be quite bad with only one train. Saw is awful, just hate how stupidly if the queue is in comparison to it's throughput.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Collosus on one train. It said 30 minutes at the entrance to the queue but that quickly turned into 2 hours. The quickest we moved was when people decided to leave the queue.