What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

That looks absolutely massive.

Is it just me, or does the support on the near side seem to go a lot higher than the one on the far side?

michaellll

Mega Poster

rollermonkey said:
That looks absolutely massive.

Is it just me, or does the support on the near side seem to go a lot higher than the one on the far side?

Appears so. I was perfectly fine with how this looked until you pointed this out. Now my OCD is all sorts of bothered...

JJLehto

Hyper Poster

Rach said:
The loop/top hat is all finished!

60588_10151575982388566_1685151760_n.jpg

Photo from TPR's FB Page

Looks kinda cool, if a little weird lol!

That is a really cool shot.
I was about to flip that yet another AT hill at SF:MM was gunna be trimmed but they seem far down the hill, far enough to not impact the airtime.
IDK it'll be a fun little ride, I'm excited to ride it

Snoo

The Legend

Oh look at.. wait.. I mean it could be.. well.. no..

THE SUPPORTS ARE AWESOME!!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

I guess it could have made sense to make the supports stronger on one side, though. When the train goes into the loop, it has got a lot of forward oriented kinetic energy, all of which will have to be transformed into vertically oriented kinetic energy somehow. The train would "push" a lot harder on one side of the loop, simply because it goes a lot faster when travelling in that direction.

Xpress

Strata Poster

Now that might be some epic airtime, so long as they don't trim the **** out of it.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Gazza said:
Looks the same height on each side to me.
http://i.imgur.com/yD7BLFF.jpg
yD7BLFF.jpg

Excellent proof of similarity. I got thrown off by the differences in support/track connection between the two sides. The near side top and bottom stay together long than the far side, so it has three support connections that go straight through the joined spine, whilst the far side top and bottom separate farther up and only have one connection that goes through the joined spine.

Xpress

Strata Poster

owenrita121 said:
Airtime, Magic Mountain, surely not?

If the train is going to hold any decent speed going over the top, it's definitely going to pull some pretty decent force. It's not going to be like EGF or anything like that, just some decent ejector.

sparky2u

Mega Poster

How I wish that we would see a train on both the inside and outside of the loop when the ride is operating, it does look a nice coaster, but the ending is rubbish after heading over the Top Hat straight into the brake run, just like TP's "Stealth", both parks could of done more for an exciting ending.

Snoo

The Legend

It's possible for that to occur sparky, with the way the blocking is setup. But, actually happening? Doubt it.

Maverix

Mega Poster

^I don't think that it is. Surely the train would have to clear the top hat before they allow the train sent out of the station. For if the train were to rollback on the top hat it would end up in the tunnel, which is where the train after would end up if it makes it through the loop.

Ethan

Strata Poster

^ Correct.

Moral of the story? The throughput will be shocking.

Snoo

The Legend

Well we don't know the exact setup inside the tunnel. It could have space for two trains, unlike Maverick which does not. That would increase capacity.. but its not like SFMM to be logical.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team

Snoo said:
but its not like SFMM to be logical.
We are after all talking about a roller coaster that has a launch that purposefully rolls back. :roll:

Idlewild

Mega Poster

The backwards launch would mean that a second train could not be dispatched until the forwards launch, as there is no block brake on the track above the tunnel.
After the launch the ride is over after about 10 seconds so launching another train would have a minimal impact on capacity. I doubt this ride will have three train opperation at all.

Ethan

Strata Poster

A train cannot launch from the station until the previous train has made it over the top hat, surely?

Martyn B

CF Legend

Depends, there could be a couple of block sections in that launch tunnel. Though that is unlikely.