What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

elephant58 said:
Wow, it's weird seeing a loop being constructed, that big.
Yeah, large elements being constructed are SO WEIRD...

In all honesty, it's nothing out of the ordinary.

^Wow thanks for being SO honest.

I agree with Elephant it is a little strange. Seems pretty drawn out I assume at this point it must be going at quite a whack. . It will certainly be an eye catching element with the sheer size and double track.
It may not be the biggest inversion ever as they seemed to claim (are they still claiming that?) but it is going to be pretty damn huge.

There are two seperate record titles:

Tallest Loop - Which this claims
Tallest Inversion - Gatekeepers

Lets start placing bets that says there's hang time at the top of the loop...

Lets place bets, how many roll backs it will have from not making it to the top of the loop :wink: lol

Like we did for Superman at SFDK, let's take bets on how long until it's first Rollback ;)

Lets take bets on when SFMM realizes this was a horrible mistake.

:angel: ^When they realize what was a horrible mistake?

^That is likely what Xpress is talking about

It seems to be the general opinion. I don't mind the coaster but it's not something I'd wait 2+ hours for.

People still wait 2+ hours for any coaster? No way.

The best part about this roller coaster is it essentially has one backward rollback already built-in. Additional rollbacks will just seem to be apart of the ride!

Xpress said:
Hopefully soon enough to cancel the order for one of these at SFGA. :)

njn63 said:
Xpress said:
Hopefully soon enough to cancel the order for one of these at SFGA. :)
The order for one at SFGA will be placed quicker than it takes you to read this post :wink:

Order placed :twisted:

Six Flags will see it this way.

1)They got to remove a ride that was literally rotten, leaking like a sieve and a maintenance money pit.
2)It will bring lots of extra people to the park, who will most likely think its fantastic.
3)Those customers will spend money on merchandise, Full Throttle hot wings and freestyle coke etc.
4)The surrounding area wil be re-themed and some some of show will be put on, meaning people will stay later and spend more money, etc. etc. etc.
5) It contributes to the overall improvement for the park

So, again, why would they regret building it?

Cardboard cutouts like Bizarro has doesn't count as theming. That's probably wishing high for the new "theming" the area will get.

With Scream, they should just build a warehouse around it and turn it into the ultimate dark ride indoor coaster.... That way you can't see the parking lot.

Doesn't look like this has been posted yet, but the theme song for this coaster (Airbourne- Live It Up) was released.

http://youtu.be/fgurejfxYSQ

Everybody has different tastes in music, and I'll admit it wasn't exactly made for me (I listen to a bizarre mix of alternative rock, EDM, and film scores), but honestly, I don't like it at all. I'm not exactly a connoisseur of this genre, but compared to other classic rock I've heard was good (I'm from Ohio; basically all they listen to around here is Def Leppard, AC/DC, and stuff of the nature) it doesn't seem like it would be that popular with the mainstream rock fans. I don't think it'll alter the overall experience of going to Six Flags to ride Full Throttle and that the only place this will really be used will be in the advertising portion of the ride, but if I get stuck waiting in a queue line for 2+ hours with that song playing on a loop, I'll shove blunt bamboo skewers into my ears before being stuck there that long with this song blasting. I think whether this song helps or hurts the ride depends on if Six Flags is smart in where they use it or not.

Just my two cents on it...