What's new

Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launch

Re: Six Flags Magic Mountain | "Full Throttle" | multi launc

I did not realise how short this coaster is.

Whoever said Great Adventure has a good number of flats...I want the drugs you are on!

Full Throttle looks fun but eh. I know my fault for believing too much of what Six Flags had to say but "Maverick of the West" and we get this thing?
Also the backwards launch seems pointless and I'd imagine will kill the pace. We'll see.

Last time I counted at MM, they had 6 flats, plus the four water rides. (Not counting upcharge attractions) Now I might have missed one or two, but for a park the size of 6FMM, a dozen flats isn't near enough. They took out the better flume to put in yet another coaster. They did add Lex Luthor last year, so that's a start. Maybe 6FGAdv has taken out some flats since I last really spent a full day at the park, but I'd bet they have far more than the Mountain.

marc said:
I did not realise how short this coaster is.
+1
Wow. That's short like that Superman coaster up at DK short.

No way three train operations will be effective. You can't load trains that fast, so without a dual load platform, the third train will never be used.

I actually find the layout of this coaster resembles that of a B&M dive machine...?

^What, apart from the fact it hasn't got a vertical drop, immelmann, lift hill and splashdown?

elephant58 said:
^What, apart from the fact it hasn't got a vertical drop, immelmann, lift hill and splashdown?

In a way he's right. Both this and (most) Dive Machines are split into two. DMs have a section before and after a MCBR. This has a section before and after a mid-course launch.

Still, this ride will probably be awful </3

elephant58 said:
Never mind, maybe I thought both are out and back, have an inverting turn-around, and have 1 highest point in each direction. But obviously the dive machines aren't even typical out and back. Just my reaction when looking at the map posted above.

Another curvey picture from Premier has appeared on their FB page.

527711_518047354904454_404366458_n.jpg

Cool. Twists and turns are the key words for this ride. :--D

Ethan said:
elephant58 said:

In a way he's right. Both this and (most) Dive Machines are split into two. DMs have a section before and after a MCBR. This has a section before and after a mid-course launch.

Yeah, launch coasters are soooooo awful. :roll:

elephant58 said:

I thought he meant length-wise. People don't complain about the shortness of Oblivion, and I think this looks much more interesting. But I haven't ridden Oblivion it so what do I know.

^ I doubt any of this coaster could beat Oblivion's drop <3

Ethan said:

Sorry. 5-yard penalty for rampant fanboyism.

Blivvie's a fine ride, but it's long since been eclipsed. I even prefer it's Taiwanese half-sister, despite the identical drop, for what it does after the tunnel.

Ethan didn't say about the quality of the whole ride though.

Just the drop.

Inb4 that is the whole ride.

^ This.
And I'm not an Oblivion fanboy and definitely not an Alton fanboy for your information.

Newtrek5 said:
Ethan said:
elephant58 said:

Yeah, launch coasters are soooooo awful. :roll:

It's not the launch coaster part that makes him say that, but that...well it's really short and looks like all the pace is gunna be killed with that needless backwards part. Least that's what I'm saying!
Nah, it won't be awful but it's not gunna be anything great either.

I wonder if this Superman at 6FDK was a sort of prototype for this, and if this subsequently is a stepping stone to something else.

If this is a stepping stone to something else, and another Six Flags park gets the "bigger" model, then I'll be even more bothered by this addition. SFMM should never get a stepping stone attraction.

rollermonkey said:
Ethan said:

Sorry. 5-yard penalty for rampant fanboyism.

Blivvie's a fine ride, but it's long since been eclipsed. I even prefer it's Taiwanese half-sister, despite the identical drop, for what it does after the tunnel.

Both do the same thing after the tunnel. Oblivion's tunnel is just longer.

img_2593__copy__0.jpg

img_2427__copy__1.jpg

img_2591__copy_.jpg

img_2592__copy__0.jpg

img_2596__copy_.jpg

img_2694__copy_.jpg

img_2685__copy_.jpg

img_2713__copy__0.jpg

img_2804__copy_.jpg

img_2808__copy_.jpg

img_2728__copy_.jpg