What's new

Six Flags Great America | Maxx Force | S&S Air Launch

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Fair point, though getting my hopes up for that would be dangerous haha.
If you have a membership card, they'll most definitely be doing some soft openings for them before the official opening. Same goes for regular passholders, which is usually the day before the grand opening. Regardless, the article simply said on or around July 4th, which can mean any of the days surrounding it. Who knows, maybe the grand opening is July 2nd.

bernatc22

Mega Poster
Personal takeaways so far:

1. Although I have critiqued it thoroughly, the mini hill after the launch might provide some decent air, in the end.

2. The roll, once again, looks fabulous and, to me, it seems like the most intense inversion out there (only second to FB's inline, haha!)

So overall quite pleased with the ride.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

LooksSlow

Roller Poster
Does it actually matter? I’d rather have lower quality footage than no footage at all. What sensation of the ride could a higher resolution capture?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I mean, if the park is REALLY strapped for cash, they could get a used GoPro for REAL cheap...but that's not the case. The park can earn enough cash for a new, high end action camera within minutes from food and drink sales. There really isn't an excuse.

Hopefully they release a high def POV soon. Hell, X-Flight's official POV was a higher quality and that was seven years ago!

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Ya know...I stand by my "Its good Im sure but eh" granted that trash POV doesn't help but idk still seems like it has potential for let down/not being as intense/epic as it seems. Ill await reviews

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
That was the first POV, not meant to be official in any way. They probably took someone's iPhone and strapped it to the front. Once the ride is opened and figured out, they'll come back with the proper GoPro setup. All the other official POVs on the park's YT page are of quality, and I'm sure this one won't be any different.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That was the first POV, not meant to be official in any way. They probably took someone's iPhone and strapped it to the front. Once the ride is opened and figured out, they'll come back with the proper GoPro setup. All the other official POVs on the park's YT page are of quality, and I'm sure this one won't be any different.
But Apple hasn't made a phone with quality like that for like... a decade!

Everyone - we know it's not official, we know it was a rush job. That doesn't excuse it for being 480p! :p

John Knotts

Mega Poster
They probably shouldn't have released one at all. Lots of disappointed fans on the internet who seemed to have just now discovered how short the ride is. ?

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
They probably shouldn't have released one at all. Lots of disappointed fans on the internet who seemed to have just now discovered how short the ride is. ?

You would think fans would've already known this ride is short. All quality things aside, It looks like it has the potential to be a fun ride. Nothing mind blowing but still a solid addition if (and it's six flags so i don't have high expectations here) the operations are quick enough.