What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Interesting interview in the new Amusement Today release at pages 10-11 regarding Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger, there's some cool information. SFFT has actually purchased 4 trains for the ride so that they are able to run 3 year round while performing maintenance on one at a time.

Didn't we already know that from the announcement?

Anyways it's good news for throughputs at least.

Matt N

CF Legend
Maybe Six Flags is beginning to view throughput as a greater priority, as they’ve also had the turntable installed on SFOT’s PowerSplash?

Rupert

Mega Poster
Fantastic news, I hope Merlin take heed and start making similar decisions. Good throughput and the ability to get on many rides without too much waiting makes such a positive difference to a day - I’m far more likely to return if I know I can enjoy the park and not have to spend hours in queues with the stress of not being certain of getting on all the coasters.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Mmm track:-

E9uSzjzVUA0nVCf.jpg%3Alarge

E9uSzjxUUAMJ3Zu.jpg%3Alarge

...And a support piece that I can't tell whether it's textured or not.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Aannnddd for the first time since this thread was last updated, more track has begun arriving at the park, this time the brake run sections;
The first picture appears to be for the MCBR given that the track will be long and lacking any kind of angle, while the second is the tilted entry portion of the final brake run, given the angled support connection joint. Both can be recognized in the animated renderings. The second truck is also the exact same that delivered the first piece in August, as the license plates match. Expect much of the track and supports to begin arriving in droves from here on.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Two photos for two tales surrounding one B&M Dive. The author is a very excited Jeffrey Siebert. Picture #1 is the chonk lift hill base piece seen at the B&M plant two days earlier above, and the second leads into the drop, contains the hang chain. The lift hill's top piece and curvature can also be seen in the background.
252142389_1539757786372572_4834872172620047943_n.jpg
251873272_585796175973818_6678860521176325655_n.jpg
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVy1RVhJOJe/ & https://www.instagram.com/p/CVxzqQgJcPX/