What's new

Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Dr. Diabolical's Cliffhanger | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

English Coaster Guy

Roller Poster
Dive Machines are majestic things aren't they, and this one looks beautiful, so far. Something about the lift hills angle of ascent and sheer size of track that gives me 'the fizz'.

I would go as far as saying Dive Machines are massively underrated, particularly from an enthusiasts view point. They're superb additions for park owners as well, general park visitors are always stunned by the fact it "hangs you over the edge and drops straight down", they'll tell all their friends and colleagues about it as well, free marketing almost.

I remember my first ride on Sheikra, me and my brother had a train to ourselves. There was something remarkable about being strapped into this MASSIVE machine, on our own, approaching the drop, looking over towards the Serengeti, sun was setting, the smell of funnel cakes from beneath, our parents at the bottom of the drop waving, cameras at the ready, just wonderful. Not many other rollercoasters have the same sense of occasion as a Dive Machine, and I feel like this has been forgotten, to a degree.

In a world of mental RMC's and whacky Intamin double/triple launch coasters, I'm just happy to see another one of these going up to be honest and I'm hopeful that it will deliver experiences similar to the one I experienced above.

Why am I emotional today? 🤣

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ve got to say, I too love a good Dive Coaster. Yes, they’re perhaps not the most tailored to the type of ride that enthusiasts are going for nowadays (super intense with tons of dynamic pops of airtime), but as someone who has somewhat atypical coaster tastes to an extent, I really do love them, and I’d go as far as to say that they’re my 2nd favourite B&M model behind only the Hyper Coaster; both the ones I’ve done sit comfortably in my top 10!

They’re great at providing a real sense of speed, in my opinion, as well as sustained airtime, and as you say, I think the raw size of some of them does add something; the first time I ever rode SheiKra is possibly one of the times I’ve been most nervous riding a coaster!

So count me in the Dive Coaster fan club!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That certainly does look interesting. I like the quirks this ride has with the beyond vertical drop and 7-across seats, but I honestly think the rest of the layout looks a very meh, even compared to the other smaller dive machines.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is it just me or is the profiling on this Immelmann slightly different to other B&M dive machines? It looks a bit whippier coming out of the inversion.
It does in this picture especially, although the one from the other angle looks more normal - I wonder if it's just a perspective thing.

1646811278602.jpeg