What's new

Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Rocky Mountain Wood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Silver Dollar City |"Outlaw Run"| Wooden Hybrid Coaster

Intricks said:
Because you can do all that on a steel coaster, the point of making it wood is just publicity. That is the main argument.
Also because it looks nice.

If it were a full steel coaster, it would look very similar to Powder Keg and Wildfire.

Who cares? It's a credit.
Well, some of us ride coasters like this because they are fun and thrilling, not because we want to add +1 to our coaster count.

Intricks said:
So Ben, Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, White Lightning and whatever other wooden coasters (Hades?) that contain a 90 degree bank turn aren't considered a modern wooden coaster?

They are all steel-wood hybrids, and as such, to say either of them were all wood, would be wrong.

Rides like El Toro are all wood. Rides like Voyage and this, are NOT.

O. M. D.

It looks f*cking awesome for a wooden coaster!!!

JJLehto said:
Good.
Sorry but you just cant have OTSR on a woodie.

9 moments of airtime!?
81 degree drop, 68 mph, double barrel roll.
Just, f**k.

edit: Not to get into this debate but just my personal opinion...Inversion happens at 180 degrees. Head over feet. So a 179 degree banked turn wont cut it :lol: or a 153 for that matter. But still, crazy!

Uh oh! You've done it now..........

I'm going to... I have to... It's coming..........

THE DIAGRAM!!!!
inversions.jpg

It agrees this isn't an inversion, but please realign your definition to suit :p

It is simply an overbanked turn that enters from the opposite side.

Ben said:
Intricks said:
So Ben, Voyage, Ravine Flyer II, White Lightning and whatever other wooden coasters (Hades?) that contain a 90 degree bank turn aren't considered a modern wooden coaster?

They are all steel-wood hybrids, and as such, to say either of them were all wood, would be wrong.

Rides like El Toro are all wood. Rides like Voyage and this, are NOT.

O. M. D.

But I wasnt arguing whether they were all wood or not (like you are), but that those are a modern wooden coaster using the steel beams, hence my validation of my argument (that the steel beams are a normal component for modern coasters) and allowing JJLehto's phrase still be true.

Again Ben, we have a different opinion on the matter. We won't agree and that is that. Quit doing the whole "I'm right, you're wrong" bit. It is stupid and childish especially when I have accepted your view, and stated a valid counter point to it.

Geez :facepalm.jpg:

furie said:
JJLehto said:
Good.
Sorry but you just cant have OTSR on a woodie.

9 moments of airtime!?
81 degree drop, 68 mph, double barrel roll.
Just, f**k.

edit: Not to get into this debate but just my personal opinion...Inversion happens at 180 degrees. Head over feet. So a 179 degree banked turn wont cut it :lol: or a 153 for that matter. But still, crazy!

Uh oh! You've done it now..........

I'm going to... I have to... It's coming..........

THE DIAGRAM!!!!
inversions.jpg

It agrees this isn't an inversion, but please realign your definition to suit :p

O_O

so there's only 2 inversions but SDC plays it off as 3, awesome park marketing!

anti-banks, ftw!

It's a steel track with wooden supports that I still don't think looks good. The ending is basically Colossus with wooden supports. </3

tks said:
It's a steel track with wooden supports that I still don't think looks good. The ending is basically Colossus with wooden supports. </3

Going at the same speed as Colossus </3 I am dying to see the trims on this coaster :lol: :lol:

oriolat2 said:
tks said:

Going at the same speed as Colossus </3 I am dying to see the trims on this coaster :lol: :lol:
Thats what I thought also, but the rolls are apparently going up hill. So I don't think there will be much trimage.

The second wooden coaster to have any inversions like Son Of Beast, which used to have 1 (the loop)?

It's the second modern wooden coaster to have an inversion. They've been trying loops on wooden coasters for almost 100 years now.

CoasterWild said:
The second wooden coaster to have any inversions like Son Of Beast, which used to have 1 (the loop)?

Yes, but Son of Beast has been SNBO since 2009 and is due to be demolished.

Definitely, just making the point that Outlaw Run is the only operating wooden roller-coaster with an inversion(s) and soon to be the only in existence.

Technically, Outlaw Run isn't operating. ;)

This topic is getting on my tits to be fair.

I'm just finding it ridiculous that people are bowing down at the feet of RMC and declaring them the gods of wooden coasters based on their first coaster, which hasn't even opened yet. Yes, there's Texas Giant, but that's a completely different beast altogether.

I think this is looking brilliant, yes, but how about waiting until it's actually opened, proven it can operate without major issues, and actually rides well before declaring this the best thing to happen to coasters since Bolliger met Mabillard?

Status
Not open for further replies.