What's new

SeaWorld San Diego | Emperor | B&M Dive Coaster | 2022

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
The way their opening dates are looking, I could see Pantheon opening in February. Seems they could be opening a new coaster in each of their SW and BG parks for each month (Feb-March)

February - Ice Breaker & Pantheon
March - Iron Gwazi & Emperor

Should give them a good boost at the start of 2022 both financially and for crowds.

Doesn't BGW not usually open until March or April? It's the worst weather park of all the major ones in the chain.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
There is something "off" about this ride. I know it's objectively a good ride. I mean, it has a good panoramic turn at the top, three inversions and a couple of nice transitions but it feels and looks so bland. Heck, it doesn't even have a proper station. I feel like Sea World is starting to become Six Flags, just plonking coasters without putting that much detail into them, in terms of landscaping or theming.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Yeah there's been a certain theme among the 2022 additions with their lack of landscaping/theming, and this appears to be the worst offense of them.

Dive coasters aren't super exciting to me anymore, but at least you could count on them to have great interaction and landscaping design. This has none of that.

rideguy70

Mega Poster
I felt the same way about the landscaping (feels like it's just sitting in a pile of dirt), but they still have over three weeks before it officially opens. I'm guessing the final phase will be to add it in.

I was there for the media day for Manta, and it simiarily had a lot of landscaping to do with a lot of dirt hills. But weeks later, they did add it in, and now it looks great.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Rode this the other week and it was one of the most rerideable coasters on the California trip. The view of the bay and park from the top is spectacular. The ride is fun, smooth and has some unique elements for a B&M dive that make it a bit different. Nothing earth-shattering for a seasoned enthusiast but then not everything needs to be. It's a really solid addition as you'd expect with B&M and I think it will be a hit. Many passholders were loving it and were riding over and over again. One guy was riding it 100 times. 😂

Christian

Hyper Poster

What a pointless record and marketing when it's the only dive coaster in California. If they consider HangTime a dive coaster then I also consider X2 a dive coaster with it's pretty much vertical drop. X2 stats are higher in every way. X2 is also floorless btw.