What's new

Sea World San Diego |"Manta"| Mack Launched

Re: Manta - Mack Launched Coaster for Sea World San Diego

That's cool. Me too. But, we're what you call enthusiasts for a reason.

I think it looks ace.

And judging by that heavily banked, tight helix towards the end, I'd say it'll be pretty forceful too.

owenrita121 said:
This does look alot better that Rita. I just wish that mack didn't make their track look just like Intamins.

The first Mack coaster with this kind of track came in the mid 80's, well before Intamin started using it.
And as said before, Schwarzkopf used it even earlier.

^^ Well, even at 30, thats quite a tight helix (from them pictures anyway).

Though I would have thought the speed would be higher than that given the excessive banking.

_koppen said:
owenrita121 said:
This does look alot better that Rita. I just wish that mack didn't make their track look just like Intamins.

The first Mack coaster with this kind of track came in the mid 80's, well before Intamin started using it.
People know intamin a lot better than mack, that's what I'm trying to say.

_koppen said:
owenrita121 said:

People know intamin a lot better than mack, that's what I'm trying to say.

Sorry not sure why it has double posted and it won't let me remove it. Sorry.

^So you made it all better by triple posting. Thanks!

And no, "people" don't know Intamin better than Mack. 99.9% of the people who will ride this will neither know, nor care, about who made it. Sea World made it as far as they're concerned.

I must get down there sometime and snap some pics.

This video has some nice areal shots of the coaster.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wYq8YKevtU&feature=g-u&context=G2d55d33FUAAAAAAABAA[/youtube]

Do we know what the theming in the queue will be like? Or how the station is going to look?

I would assume the theming will be very similar to manta at SW Orlando.
And even just seeing the videos was enough to make me highly impressed.

Im sure the theming on this ride wont dissapoint at all.

The thing I was wondering was about the projection tunnel. I recall reading that the launch was going to be enclosed in a tunnel where rays were projected on the wall. The question it brought up was if this meant we would see a dark ride prelaunch like on Blue Fire.

Wonder if they've finished track construction yet...

Knowing us californians, we don't like to work out in the cold...

We hate the cold. Our winters get down to 40-ish, which is cold. Normally we're soaking up the 75* weather :cool:

It's 33 right now.. and it was 15 a few days ago.. and I'm not even in the snow belt like I was before. ;)

Ugh you guys have it way to easy :lol: They stop building in Canada for real reasons you know like snow. Its really warm right now at 31 but in a couple of days its dropping to 4. Do they really stop building at 40 and with no snow or ice :S ? Seems like they're just wasting time.

Snoo said:
It's 33 right now.. and it was 15 a few days ago.. and I'm not even in the snow belt like I was before. ;)

The past few days, the highs have been in the teens and the lows around 0. Windchill has been anywhere from 5 to -25 Fahrenheit, and that wind has been constant 20 mph with lots of snow.