What's new

Scw55's Thread. Planet Coaster Calls (18-11-17)

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Terra-Volt; B&M Suspended Dive Coa

There is literally no holding break option for this coaster.
Well, I could have an inverted holding break, but I am not trying to make a G-Force inspired coaster.

The intensity of CS has eaten into my FPS so I have cautious with adding more to the park.

I'm very proud of how I supported the drop. I thought it'd be impossible with the Supports I normally use as I hate clipping.

The next addition I plan is going to be a tamer ride. The Fly-Free I was hoping would be tame. In fact it was, but unfortunately you needed a drastic looking layout to achieve anything interesting. And even then it jumped to the point of being too-intensive looking. It was impractical. I also have a plan for yet another B&M (yes I adore B&M rides) that will utilise a strict height-limit. I build a Coaster of that nature over a year ago,and it was this that gave me the initial idea to explore 'Junior Extreme Thrill Coasters' that led onto the 'Mini-Monsters Contest' which I hosted.

I was worried that my park would be Coaster City due to my significant interest in building Coasters. I was concerned that wouldn't be any flats. However now I realise that I can utilise the sectors I create with fencing, and then 'fill the gaps' with appropriate flat-rides.

The B&M Hyper you see in the background will soon be removed. There is a slight issue with an early element causing too much lateral forces.

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Wildmouse-Eurofighter Abomination

Another update.
Fun fact, the following Coaster type was what I planned to use. Just I forgot what elements it could do. As a result I was pleasantly surprised it was based off a Eurofighter CTR.
What makes it even more exciting?
The Cars can swing 360* left or right.
So yes, this was going to be a Mock-Terrain coaster. Ended up being a... something else. I am not sure what it is. It's very industrial. The current impression is that it's a processing plant.
Colossus, I hope you enjoy the amount of grey and black <3.

Pictures!

2012-12-16_00001.jpg

Leaving the station.

2012-12-16_00002.jpg

First drop into the unknown.

2012-12-16_00003.jpg

Lift hill recovery. What horrors were there to witness within that building?

2012-12-16_00004.jpg

2012-12-16_00005.jpg

2012-12-16_00006.jpg

See the seats swinging?

2012-12-16_00007.jpg

2012-12-16_00008.jpg

2012-12-16_00009.jpg

In-line twists have this interesting effect.

2012-12-16_00010.jpg

A POV is really needed for this Coaster since 1/3 is undercover. I will provide one as soon as possible.
This ride originally was meant to be a tamer-one. Was meant to be a family coaster. However two Vertical Drops and one disturbing inversion makes it prowl the realms of "thrill" attraction. Think of it as a one-of-a-kind coaster.

Since it's almost impossible to invert this coaster-type, it creates a false sense of tameness. It can get really chaotic at times and has a feeling of concern. Especially when you go through a heart-line roll where you see the train go 360* around you and you stay still.

I think this is a pleasant surprise.

By the way, I'm developing the right of the park into a 'tamer' area. The Left will be the Thrill. It will be fun building some Kiddy Coasters.

I just realised I missed a trick. I think I can have 'inverted' track. Because the trains self-right when they can, it would make these sections tolerable. Ah well.

There are default supports because the Supports tool which I was using couldn't face dealing with banked track.

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Wildmouse-Eurofighter Abomination

1) Great inverted dive machine. My only advice is to use B&M footers instead of the plain, round ones.

2) Try Weber's Intamin Family Coaster supports on the swinging mine cart.

IMO, great job with these two coasters. Keep it up!

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; A teaser

I've done quite a lot since my last update... But I am not ready to share that yet.
However I will give you a screenshot of something I have been working on. It's taking me a while to finish it. If you know me... you might be able to guess why from the screenshot.

2012-12-28_00001.jpg

I totally did not use someone else's project as a catalyst for my own ideas... what so ever...

Fun fact. Funny shaped hole is as a result of fun clipping.
Fun fact. CS building objects is eating up my processing power. As a result I am resorting back to default building sets for the time being.

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; A(nubis) teaser

I can expose my creation. However half is stilled cloaked. These parts can only be revealed by a PoV video.
What happens when you combine a new element, a Sci-Fi setting with an Egyptian one? Anubis of course.
All supports are 100% manually constructed.

Lets start with pictures.

2012-12-28_00002.jpg

2012-12-28_00003.jpg

First drop.

2012-12-28_00004.jpg

2012-12-28_00005.jpg

2012-12-28_00006.jpg

Vertical Loop window.

2012-12-28_00007.jpg

2012-12-28_00008.jpg

Batwing

2012-12-28_00009.jpg

2012-12-28_00010.jpg

2012-12-28_00011.jpg

2012-12-28_00012.jpg

Overview Screenshots

2012-12-28_00013.jpg

2012-12-28_00014.jpg

2012-12-28_00015.jpg

2012-12-28_00016.jpg

I think a Roller Coaster or any track ride that weaves in and out of a 'building' is quite attractive to an outside observer. They wonder what the track could be doing inside that building.
But yeah... that took me 16 hrs at most to do.
I can see the advantage of building supports manually as opposed to using pre-fabricated ones. You get complete control where the supports are, and they are finished with a better quality. Isn't half tedious sometimes :> But less tedious than the pre-made ones strangely.
The Coaster which can be seen in a few shots is a 'Top Hat' coaster. I will have to redo the support work for that. Perhaps even subtly re-theme it.

The theme for that corner of the park is that of "Ancient Alien Civilisation". Hence the Pyramid and the ground being more sandy than the slab of rock to the East.

It's going to be a thrill zone as to the far-far East is the gentle-zone. I think I might theme the far-far East to be that of Quarrying. So expect some Terrain-related Coasters there hopefully.

Here's a plan:
plan.jpg

The grey Areas are hypothetical proposals.

In that mine area, I think you could use the in-game Mine Train coaster for something like Expedition Everest/BTMR and take one of the gentle rides over into the thrill section,.

Indeed I could. I mean take Alton Towers.
Take X-Sector which is a thrill corner. But Enterprise is not-as-thrilly as Submission or SW7.

Likewise with The Dark Forest which has Rita and 13 who are family rides, they have... oh.. wait... what else is there?

But basically with regards to intensity, it won't be clear cut in each zone. For example along the divide I have that Swinging-Mine ride in the 'Gentle' sector because I wanted a transition.

Basically as with all my plans, this isn't set in stone. I am likely to contradict myself. The plan is for what I want to do now. But it will take more than now to do it all. The Terrain-Quarrying area is likely to have a "Thrill" ride there. Think of the colour scheme as more denoting where the average.

I love the in-game Mine Train coaster for quarry settings, it would fit well there.

I'm thinking having the Highlands to be part of the same geological structure as the quarrying area. I think that would add for a nicer transition.
Thinking also the top left corner could be some sort of crater with a little bit of fire and magma (volcanic?). Who knows.

2013-01-01_00001.jpg

What could this be?

So yes. I have said on one of the competition threads that there was a tragic misfortune of doing some work on this park and then the game crashed... I was so enthralled I didn't save at any point. So I lost terraforming, an Alpine Terrain Coaster and worst of all... a Duelling Toboggan coaster.

But, this caused me to think. I allowed me to get an idea for a better concept. However I will miss my 'swirling down the drain' effect which I achieved by inter-locking down-wards spiralling sharp bend. That is beauty that will never be seen again.

So yes. Something else. Try and guess what it is. It is far from completion. I spent all day doing the layout (which needs the end slightly adjusted) and building the support work for the lift-hills. I mimicked an existing support structure for this section which meant it was pretty steel intense. Even that isn't finished yet. I had to adjust the structure to accommodate any rogue track weaving below.

It is time consuming this... but I don't mind. The fact is I achieve the affect I want immediately. I don't have to spend time wrestling random support pieces in place whilst hoping it fits. With this type of support kit, I know it will work. I have complete control. It's more time consuming but it's not infuriating. It also looks nicer. I think I will use these types of support kits more often. As long as it doesn't require lattice throughout like Woodies.

These support kits let you have more control which I like. I feel like I am "sculpting" the support work; as opposed to brutally mashing it into the shape I want it to be (as with Steelworkz).

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; A different teaser

I can see the similarities :p

Un-intended. Side affect of the angle and length of the lift-hill. I lack steep catwalks so the lifthill was that angle.

To give you a hint, the initials of a Coaster type which this is in the real world are: G. M.

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; A different teaser

Support work is time-consuming and I am ill thus I couldn't do much before getting fed up.
Teaser II:
2013-01-02_00001.jpg

Yes I am recycling that element; so what? It's a good one.

Re: Scw55's Share Thread; Pyramid Scheme

I'm not so ill any more and I did some work.

Latest teaser:
2013-01-10_00001.jpg

You get a cookie if you can correctly guess the Coaster Type.

Tilt coaster (Gravity Max). I like the looks of the dueling batwing/cobra roll!

ignace wins a cookie!

I'll post a screenshot of the tilting later when I have finished building work around it.

DSC_9677.jpg

And the term 'later' means weeks. :p
I know what effect I want with the two-tilting elements... which means a lot of work involved. Which will be hard as you can see the support-work is very dense.