• Rita - Queen of Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ben

CF Legend
^ Shut up.

The ride has become painful, and you'll notice that was my opinion after my first two rides. I've since ridden it again, and it is awful.

Goliath in the morning sucked, but after a few more rides it's my No. 1.

Montu was dire on my first ride, the other two showed me it's actually rather good.

OMG! They're over the course of a day!

As Djed.... said, on my first rides (the one that that comment was made after) I thought it had airtime, I thought the launch was good. I was wrong.

So, yes, over the course of the season my opinions are allowed to change. As I say, three of my least liked rides were each also my number ones at different points.

As Ian has said...

may change their minds if they so wish.

I so wish, and thus, my mind changed. Kapeesh?

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yes people can/do changes their minds about rides, but what I was getting at was that your differences in opinion have differed ALOT.

How can you hate a ride which you once liked?

I could understand someone liking the Corkscrew at Atlon Towers 20 years ago, but now hating it, due to the obvious.

But 6/7 months ago, you liked Stealth, but sicne then you've grown to absolutely hate the ride, how is that possible?

I could understand you liking it, then 7 months later not liking it as much, but you've gone from 'liking it' > 'absolute hatred' on a ride which hasn't changed one bit.

Smithy

Strata Poster
It's quite easy actually. Beginning of this year, i had only ever been on Corkscrew. And i love it, thought it was the best ride ever! Then i moved on, and went onto Oblivion a few months after, and that became my new favourite coaster. Then i progressed onto Nemmy, and before long i also had Shockwave, G-Force, Kumali and Velocity all giving me a clearer view as to what i liked ans disliked. And, honestly, after experiencing bigger and better, my opinion of Corky has obviously been altered. That is what im sure members on here will be like with Stealth if they ever ride TTD or KK. Look at Sam. He's been on all three, and detest's Stealth. But i bet someone who has only ever been on Stealth, and no other accelerator will love it.

Ben

CF Legend
It actually HAS changed.

The launch has died, the airtime seems to have gone, and it's gotten more painful.

Therefore, it has changed.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Without wanting to get dragged into this too much, I agree with Ben.

Stealth, for me, has seriously lost whaty it had earlier in the year. This could be down to a mass of factors (first ride of the season, new ride type, the fact it was new or just that it's a ride that doesn't have a lot of re-ride value (something you wouldn't know until you'd ridden it lots)).

All that Ben needs to do is curb his opinions a little so that they're not quite so extreme and obviously contradictary. However, then Ben wouldn't be Ben and the world would be a slightly... erm... different place for it! :lol: (seriously Ben, the world needs people who are larger than life to give those that aren't something to bitch about :D )

Ben

CF Legend
^No, I told you to shut up because I'm BORED of having to go over the same thing over and over and over and over until you finally accept that a change in opinion is not hypocritical. It's just... normal.

(Hypocritical is elsewhere in the topic...)

And yes, while some rides break in, some go the over way (Stealth, Colossus etc)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Oh right, so you writing this on the other page(the only reply from you I've had from yourself, until now):

So, it's illegal to change your mind over the course of an ENTIRE season.
I used to like Nemesis, Air and Colossus as well, get over it.

Thats you going over the same thing over and over and over and over, until I got the piont? Um...yeah, good one!

Anway, don't wanna get in trouble or anything for 'spamming' so.... I still can't believe Bicko thinks Iron Bru has a better launch than Rita's but not Stealth's!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Well, to break up all this, i'll post my personal opinions :p

I prefer Rita. I don't mind Stealth, its a great thrill, but its just too short for me to consider it as good as longer coasters. The launch, to me, doesn't feel much faster than Rita, the view from the top's nice, but you're up there before you know it, as is the drop, and the actually quite serious airtime on that hill is killed just as its getting good by the brakes.

Rita's not long, but its longer, and its still got airtime, basically the same launch (to me), and I can blink more than once in the ride and still see some of it!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Right thats it!

I'm going to Alton Towers on Saturday now, so I can finally get back on Rita, as I haven't been on her since March and sicne then I have been on Stealth about 30 times!

And I will finally vote when I get back!

Oh, firstly, is Rita actually open at the mo?

Ben

CF Legend
^Yes. She is indeed up and roaring.

[/not spam]

V Um, Sixth Lack-of-sence, it's a light joke in relation to the fact it is actually pretty much, Spam.

Sixth Sence

Roller Poster
Ben said:
^Yes. She is indeed up and roaring.

[/not spam]

I don't like to be annoying to the effect but I think we can all see that, but if it is wrong the mod's will sort it out.

I'm rather confused about which one was the wisest business move. In like which got the most money or will do the most effect or change the theme park?

A

Anonymous

^To be honest, having actually experienced the ad. campaigns I found the Rita adverts were more "OMFG! I.... wait for it... ACCELERATE....FAST.....RIDE ME!!" than Stealth's (and shown more...at least down here in London), and I have to say that reflected on everyone I know quite substantially. Most people (even having ridden Stealth, or both...) at my school still seem to think Rita's faster, and in some cases taller.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Just a quick question, slightly off topic and I apologie for that.

But how was it 'confirmed' that Rita's launch is 0.8?

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ Thats impressive, altough I would have thought that Alton would have made use of this 'unique' acceleration rate.

But on the other hand, that could have just been a 'one off', how do we know it launch's like that every time?

A

Anonymous

Is it not true, however, that that say Max Acceleration, and therefore, it may have only accelerated at that speed for a millisecond or two at the start of the launch, or something?

Or am I missing something? I kinda missed it when it was first brought to light...
Oh, and does anyone know how long the launch track is?