• Rita - Queen of Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kir

Hyper Poster
Bicko said:
UC, you havent done either of the coasters so you've got no right to judge.

Maybe I'll bother to read your post when you've actually done both coasters.

In that case, I've been on three Accelerators, so therefore my opinion is superior to yours.

Did I mention, Rita is the best out of those three?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Yes I have, but everytime I've made the wrong judgement therefore stopped judging before riding a coaster.

Jake

Strata Poster
Soo... because you basicly know jack crap about the rides you haven't ridden, it gives you the right to order everyone else about in your own little bubble of principles? Ok then.

[ Edit - I'm done. w00t!]

kir

Hyper Poster
Please keep this topic on the discussion of Rita and Stealth please.

There is nothing wrong with arguing over which is better, but keep it on topic.

The huge growth of this topic over the last few hours has drawn a lot of attention, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few more votes either way before the night is over.

As you can see, Stealth and Rita are now tied at 50%. It is evident that in the eyes of CF they are as good as each other.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Soo... because you basicly know jack crap about the rides you haven't ridden, it gives you the right to order everyone else about in your own little bubble of principles? Ok then.

Not ordering anyone about but I dont think its right to judge a ride before you've been on it.

*EDIT*

Kir, must of been typing at the same time as you. Sorry!

[No probs, just doing my job! - Kir]

tks

Strata Poster
So assuming I don't get attacked for having an opinion....

I like Stealth better. I've ridden both rides twice... And I did Stealth both times in the front row at night, so that's slightly biased I suppose but I don't care :D

For a start my head didn't Slam into the OTSR's once during my ride on Stealth, where as on Rita I have to brace myself for the corners.

kir

Hyper Poster
A lot of people think I'm crazy for this :)-D) but Rita is my no.1 coaster. My coaster count isn't spectacular at 67, but considering I've been on countless coasters that constantly rate better than Rita, including some of the high-flyers in Mitch Hawker's polls over the years such as Nemesis, Megafobia, Balder etc, I just think it's a fantastic ride. I enjoy the launch, I think the twisted airtime hills are good fun. The corners are fast and intense. It maintains a fast pace throughout and the front row ride is astonishing, especially when compared to Stealth. Most of all, because I'm tall I don't get the problem of the restraint cutting into my neck, I don't find it painful at all.

Both Stealth and Rita are good at the front because it's great to have all eyes on you, but after the drama of everyone watching you on the launch Stealth's fun dies yet Rita continues to impress me. Stealth is good, however, front row at night. It adds something to the occasion, and would probably score an 8/10 from me at that point.

However, there's something about Rita that goes way beyond what Stealth can do for me. Rita is in the legendary Alton Towers, the park where you turn a corner and see a coaster appear from nowhere. You pass Hex through the towers and Rita pops up in the distance in all it's glory, you're greeted with trains flying over interlocking airtime hills. You queue and the ride happens above you, diving behind trees and soaring over the crowds. The music is loud and the atmosphere is buzzing, the launch sequence booms over the queueline, it's magic to me. It captures what AT means to me.

Stealth, it's just there. It has no personality. TP never had magic, and Stealth certainly hasn't added anything. The launch sequence can barely be heard from the station itself, and the music, when playing, is quiet. There are no trees surrounding the queue line, there's no atmosphere, there isn't giant Intamin track parading directly above your head, and apart from the launch you can't appreciate the reactions of the riders.

I hope that explains things a bit.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I still think its unfair that, for example, Stealth is getting bashed like hell, just because a few of you prefer Rita.

I slightly prefer Stealth at the moment, doesn't mean I'm going to bash R!t4 like hell, like the majority of you are with Stealth.

To say that Stealth is dull is ridiculous, it blatenly isn't with an 80mph launch and a 200ft climb/drop.

Its a buzz, a one trick pony, just like Oblivion, yet loads of people like Oblivion, so why cant it be like that with Stealth?

To be honest, bringing KK & TTD into this discussion is stupid, yeah they are better than Stealth, but who cares? I bet you any money you like there better than R!t4 aswell, but who cares? Their in America, were in England, leave them out of it.

Ben said:
It's ****.

The area's dull, the queue lacks anything at all, the station is ugly, the countdown is slow and dull, as is the launch, the pull up into the Top Hat is painful as you SLAM your back, the view is there for about a second, the drop is the worst ever, the bottom also hurts, the airtime hill hurts for the two seconds it lasts. The ride is short, painful and dull.

Utter cr*p.

You say all that Ben, but you gave Stealth a 7 in the ratings, I think that makes you a hypocrite.

Oh, hang about Bicko, I've just read what you worte on Rita's page, you honestly think Iron bru has a better launch?

Seriously Bicko, behave!

Ben

CF Legend
You say all that Ben, but you gave Stealth a 7 in the ratings, I think that makes you a hypocrite.

While you're on that page you'll also note...

7??? What the HELL was I smoking? I want some more of it. The launch is crap. The Top Hat is crap. The ride is just dull. That drop. LOLz, it's a joke. Give it a 4 now, to be nice.

Martyn B

CF Legend
But you originally wrote this:

It's a good enough ride. It's certainly not excellent, but it's good.The launch is good, feels
weaker than Rita's though. Going up is fun, going over is very cool, coming down is awful. Coming
down is so awful, blink and 200ft has gone. The Airtime Hill's great, lots of air, but killed.It's a
good ride, nice launch, the Top Hat's a good enough element, but it really lacks any variety or
length to it. A solid "7". Rita's better.

Then you wrote:

It's ****.

The area's dull, the queue lacks anything at all, the station is ugly, the countdown is slow and dull, as is the launch, the pull up into the Top Hat is painful as you SLAM your back, the view is there for about a second, the drop is the worst ever, the bottom also hurts, the airtime hill hurts for the two seconds it lasts. The ride is short, painful and dull.

Utter cr*p.

Making you the biggest hypocrite in this topic.

Ben

CF Legend
So, it's illegal to change your mind over the course of an ENTIRE season.

I used to like Nemesis, Air and Colossus as well, get over it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
So, once he has made an opinion on a coaster, he can never change it again? Think about it, i'm guessing Ben first wrote that about Stealth before his Florida and Holland trips. So, he would be able to compare it to a lot more coasters than he has before. That tiny pop or airtime that may exist at the end of the Hill will be nothing, now Ben has experienced Goliath.

Also, you moan because people are slating Stealth, well let's look at Bicko shall we. He just constantly knock's Stealth because it's in 'Uglyland'. I'm still waiting for him to come up with a theory that's actually backed up, and then when he construct's his posts like that, it should be a lot easier to understand.

It seem's to me, all the 'Stealth Crew' seem to be doing is knocking the people slating Stealth. But the people doing so are doing it with evidence, with facts, and are actually giving reasons as to why they prefer Rita. All you seem to be doing is whinge about that.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Kir said:
Do you not understand the spam crackdown?

Regardless of who has said what previous to now, the next person to go off-topic will be banned for 48 hours, as seen here. http://www.coasterforce.com/cf-info/vie ... hp?t=11627

This topic was fine, please keep it back on the Rita vs. Stealth argument or just do not post, period.

Somebody on the Mod Team PLEASE take notice of this. Quite clearly me and Martinb being hypocrites is NOTHING to do with Stealth or Rita.

I prefer Stealth because I dont get my head bashed against the restraint, I prefer the launch and I've never been a fan of Rita. I am not saying anything else on the matter because no doubt I'll get slated for it, as per usual.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Well, yes it does, as it is based upon your opinion of the two ride's, which is what this topic is based upon. People's opinions. And the thing that is being highlighted is your inconsistency as such regarding your opinion. It's just being pointed out.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Bicko said:
Kir said:
Do you not understand the spam crackdown?

Regardless of who has said what previous to now, the next person to go off-topic will be banned for 48 hours, as seen here. http://www.coasterforce.com/cf-info/vie ... hp?t=11627

This topic was fine, please keep it back on the Rita vs. Stealth argument or just do not post, period.

Somebody on the Mod Team PLEASE take notice of this. Quite clearly me and Martinb being hypocrites is NOTHING to do with Stealth or Rita.

There is a clear difference between spam/flaming and ripping somebodies comments apart, providing it's done in a constructive and respectful manner.

So, what we must now learn, children, is that people are entitled to their own opinions and may change their minds if they so wish...however wrong they might be!

Sorry to vocally moderate, but sometimes slaps need to be dealt out. Now, be nice and stay on topic.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I Stealth voted... That is, I voted withoput posting about which one I preferred ;)

It's a difficult one for me to vote on, because I just don't get a great thrill form a launch.

Stealth certainly packed a punch the first time I rode it, but it was the first time I'd been on a tophat, and I love the drop down. Now I've ridden it a few times, it's gone right down in my opinions. It's a good coaster, but nothing special (and going back to votes, I'd knock it down to an 8 rather than the 9 I gave it). I still love the drop off the tophat and the view as you crawl over it, but overall, the ride is nothing remarkable.

Rita keeps on yo-yoing in my opinions. I can't quite grasp it. Some rides it bores me, others I find really good fun. I think a lot depends on who I'm with, and just where I'm sat. the thing about Rita though is the layout. It's actually quite interesting, and I love the way the air-time hills criss-cross. Also, as much as I hate the queueline area, it really does add atmosphere to Ritaland (let's face it, that's what the area is now).

So it was Rita for me in the end. The fact that I can have such a like/dislike of the ride means it's got character and something interesting about it. I'd never be sad if I didn't ride either again, but I'd think I'd miss Rita if it left Ugland, but I'd never miss Stealth for what it adds to Thorpe.

I'm desperate to get onto TTD though for that huge drop off the tophat! :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
djedwardsmith said:
It seem's to me, all the 'Stealth Crew' seem to be doing is knocking the people slating Stealth

But I'm not in this 'Stealth crew', I'm neutral, as I can't really decided whats better.

I said:
I still think its unfair that, for example, Stealth is getting bashed like hell, just because a few of you prefer Rita

Rita's getting bashed for no reason aswell, just becasue that person prefers Stealth, thats why I put 'for example'. But there is more bashing of Stealth than Rita, when neither of them deserve to be 'bashed' because the 'other' is preffered.

UC said:
The next time you want to call someone a hypocrite, make sure you aren't one yourself

I'm not, well not really, I can't split between which coaster I prefer.

Yeah Stealth'a layout is dull, but the actual ride experience isn't.

Well if I am a hypocrite, I ain't half as much as one as Ben.

Ben said:
So, it's illegal to change your mind over the course of an ENTIRE season

No its not, but lets go through what you've said:

Ben said:
It's a good enough ride. It's certainly not excellent, but it's good

Ben now said:
It's ****.

Utter cr*p.

Ben said:
The launch is good

Ben now said:
the countdown is slow and dull, as is the launch

Ben said:
Going up is fun

Ben now said:
the pull up into the Top Hat is painful as you SLAM your back

Ben said:
It's a
good ride, nice launch, the Top Hat's a good enough element

Ben now said:
The ride is short, painful and dull.

Yeah your entitled to yuor own opinion, but they are big differences in opinion, especially as the ride in quesiton hasn't changed in the 7 months its been open.

Edit: VBen, theres no need to get abusive and tell me to 'shut up' just because I have proven that you are more of a hypocrite than I am.