R or S?

• Rita - Queen of Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kir

Hyper Poster
I'm glad, and somewhat surprised, that Rita is winning this poll. It seems enthusiasts across the world are slowly becoming aware of the blatant truth, Stealth is shiz beyonce recognition.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I think the reason people come up with these reviews of Stealth being rubbish etc is because of what else is out there in the world. Stealth may not be TTD or Kingda Ka, but for the country its in and for the park its in, its a good ride for the UK. Some people are just to far up there own enthuiast arse to accept that Stealth is a good ride. Rita sucks, its over-rated, its rough as f*ck and its themeing is no better than Stealth's.

kir

Hyper Poster
Bicko said:
I think the reason people come up with these reviews of Stealth being rubbish etc is because of what else is out there in the world. Stealth may not be TTD or Kingda Ka, but for the country its in and for the park its in, its a good ride for the UK. Some people are just to far up there own enthuiast arse to accept that Stealth is a good ride. Rita sucks, its over-rated, its rough as f*ck and its themeing is no better than Stealth's.

I don't appreciate that comment coming from someone who probably bums PMBO.

Stealth just is a rubbish coaster, there's nothing special about it. On paper it's proven Rita has a stronger launch, Oblivion has a better drop, so many coasters out there have better airtime hills. Hell, even Colossus just across the park has a better airtime hill. Stealth brings NOTHING to the UK. It doesn't even bring a height record. Speed is all it has, and what good is 80mph if you waste it on a Tophat and airtime hill.

Jake

Strata Poster
I wouldn't even call it an airtime hill. If you sit towards the back of the train you don't get ANY airtime, as you are already slowed right down before you even CREST the hill.

Stealth really isn't a good coaster, Rita is so much better. How can people not see that?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Kir said:
Stealth brings NOTHING to the UK.

I think its certainly pushing Thorpe Park forward as a park. It improves Thorpe, it makes competition stronger for the 'fight' to be the UK's best park which can only be a good thing. I am not doubting theres better rides than Stealth, my point is some people are just over the top when it comes to slagging off Stealth. The funny thing is, its the same people who were getting all excited about its opening..

Kir said:
I don't appreciate that comment coming from someone who probably bums PMBO.

I dont bum PMBO at all. All I can remember is its my favourite ride which I think is alot better than people make it out to be, but what the hell has me liking PMBO got to do with Stealth & Rita?

Ben said:
Nah, it's just a launch, ascent, drop don't impress me much.

Also I'd be very suprised if anything in the coaster industry impressed you :wink:

kir

Hyper Poster
^ Well you said we have our heads too far up our arses to see that Stealth is a good ride. If you equate Stealth and PMBO as good rides I would rather assume you are the one who has your head jammed somewhere that's rendering you blind from the truth.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
^Not really, at least I can apreciate a coaster and not slag it off for the sake of it. The fact is people like yourself wont accept other peoples opinions, if someone likes a ride you dont, you'll find that a good enough reason to start slagging off the ride and the person who likes the ride. I dont care if you dont like PMBO or Stealth, my point is some people take it over the top when it comes to slagging off rides.

Also I never aimed my comment at you Kir, I was saying it in general for people who seem to go over the top with slagging off Stealth, which I havent seen you do that much...

Ben

CF Legend
Also I'd be very suprised if anything in the coaster industry impressed you

Just cause I think Stealth is **** doesn't mean other things don't impress me. It's just, they have to be GOOD to do it and not be clones-minus-elements of four year old rides.

Rita, for example, impressed and still DOES impress the **** outta me.

Bicko said:
Rita sucks, its over-rated, its rough as f*ck and its themeing is no better than Stealth's.

Bicko also said:
^Not really, at least I can apreciate a coaster and not slag it off for the sake of it.

Again said:
like yourself wont accept other peoples opinions, if someone likes a ride you dont, you'll find that a good enough reason to start slagging off the ride

*cough*hypocrite*cough*

jack

Roller Poster
Jake said:
Stealth really isn't a good coaster, Rita is so much better. How can people not see that?

Fanboyism. At least I've realised there are better things out there then Kumali. I don't know anyone who isn't a Thrope fanboy that likes Stealth.

Jake

Strata Poster
jack said:
Jake said:

Fanboyism. At least I've realised there are better things out there then Kumali. I don't know anyone who isn't a Thrope fanboy that likes Stealth.

When did I say that Rita was the best out there? ... I've ridden better coasters such as S:RoS, and I know there are loads more out there better than AT's coasters.

All i'm saying is that it is a better ride than Stealth... because, well, it is!

Please, read my posts before you bang away at the keyboard with a sledge hammer, and then press "submit".

kir

Hyper Poster
^^ So as there are better things out there than Kumali, I'll delete the rating you gave Kumali so you can put a lower one in. Sorted.

And Bicko, the fact is, I can appreciate the opinions of others. I think Stealth is crap, and I can accept that other people like it. When hypocrites like you come in and say I have my head up my arse just because I don't like Stealth, that's when I get annoyed, because that is you not accepting my opinion. You can like Stealth all you want, it doesn't bother me because stastistically, according to this poll, Rita is better. But if you can't handle being in the minority, don't give an opinion at all.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I don't know anyone who isn't a Thrope fanboy that likes Stealth.

I am not a Thorpe fanboy and like Stealth...

Ben said:
Bicko said:
Rita sucks, its over-rated, its rough as f*ck and its themeing is no better than Stealth's.

Bicko also wrote: said:
^Not really, at least I can apreciate a coaster and not slag it off for the sake of it.

Again said:
like yourself wont accept other peoples opinions, if someone likes a ride you dont, you'll find that a good enough reason to start slagging off the ride

*cough*hypocrite*cough*

I am no hypocrite, I apreciate Rita, I apreciate every coaster and regardless of how much I dislike a ride I will go on it during a park visit to the place its operating.

There seriously no point posting in opinions and polls anymore, its overuled by people who cant accept other peoples opinions.

When hypocrites like you come in and say I have my head up my arse just because I don't like Stealth

I didnt actually say you had your head up your arse, I was aiming at you! It was a comment in which I feel is the case with people when it comes to opinions and polls topics.

jack

Roller Poster
I was agreeing with you Jake sorry if it came across wrong. Kir I still think Kumalis a ten theres just better 10s out there lol.

Ben

CF Legend
I am no hypocrite, I apreciate Rita, I apreciate every coaster and regardless of how much I dislike a ride I will go on it during a park visit to the place its operating.

And how do you know we don't ride Stealth when we can.

I've ridden it whenever it's been open during my three visits.

Which, was, once.

Jake

Strata Poster
Bicko said:
I am no hypocrite, I apreciate Rita, I apreciate every coaster and regardless of how much I dislike a ride I will go on it during a park visit to the place its operating

Please. All you've done in the past year is slate Rita, not listing one good thing about her.

Then you yell at someone who has the same opinion, but about a different coaster?

If that isn't being a hypocrite, well, I don't know what is.

Scott88

Hyper Poster
Please. All you've done in the past year is slate Rita, not listing one good thing about her.

I have posted in the past that I actually enjoy the launch, although I find the Stealth launch more thrilling and exciting...

kir

Hyper Poster
jack said:
I was agreeing with you Jake sorry if it came across wrong. Kir I still think Kumalis a ten theres just better 10s out there lol.

I know I won't be deleting your 10, I meant it in a tongue and cheek sort of way! :lol:

Bicko said:
There seriously no point posting in opinions and polls anymore, its overuled by people who cant accept other peoples opinions.

There is every point in posting in Opinions And Polls because the whole point is giving an opinion and accepting that other people will battle it. If you have an opinion and Stealth is a great ride, accept that there will be other people who think it's a crap ride, and be ready to stand your ground. Don't just bite back and say that people (you've said it's not me, but whoever else it was aimed at) have their heads up their arses.

The whole point is I don't think Stealth is a good ride. I'm ready for people to tell me why they think it's a good ride and I'm more than ready to say that I disagree. I agree that Stealth has done well for TP and they have probably made a huge profit this year because of Stealth, but other than that, it does nothing for me. It's an extremely average ride that does nothing for me personally, and at the end of the day when I vote for a ride, I don't vote for it because it has done good things for Thorpe Park, I vote for it on my personal scale as to whether I find it a satisfying attraction.

jack said:
I can't see how you find a slower, weaker launch more thrilling and exciting.

Bearing in mind you think Velocity has a better launch than Rita... :roll: