R or S?

• Rita - Queen of Speed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Scott88

Hyper Poster
And I'd better not hear ANYONE giving Kingda Ka any crap.

Haha, I am sure its only a matter of time before Ben has something complain about it.

Stealth is better than Rita, I am not even going to argue about it, its my opinion and if people cant accept it then thats there problem :p

Ben

CF Legend
Haha, I am sure its only a matter of time before Ben has something complain about it.

I don't complain about everything.... But, if you insist, KK has vile trains and it has a "shuffle launch", I've heard.

Sam

Giga Poster
Ultimate Coaster said:
If Stealth and Rita are themed, than so is S:RoS SFNE, Nitro, Medusa,

Nah, to be fair Rita and Stealth do have a better 'theme' then those. I.E the countdown, tire, scenery items, radio stations, lights, station etc.

Jake

Strata Poster
LukeMONGhan said:
stealth is better. can we lock this topic now?

Could you tell us why you think Stealth is better? You know, make a post that isn't entirely inane, for once?

Thanks.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I really can't decided on this one.

I really like Rita and I wasn't expecting Stealth to be any better, but Stealth blew me away, Rita didn't, but Rita has a layout, Stealth, just doesn't, Rita's trains are uber sexy, Stealth's trains are just slick.

Just think, with the slightest bit of imagination, Stealth could have been one of the best coasters in the UK, but no, it has a brain dead layout.

Although I enjoy my self more when I'm at TP, I prefer..............Rita

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I like Rita better.

In this case, both rides don't fit theme. Stealth's name doesn't match anything and the ride doesn't make sense in the area of the park. Rita doesn't belong in Ugland and without 'Queen of Speed' Rita's theme doesn't make name sense, either.

Stealth's launch is better, and on MOST Intamin Accelerator's that's about all there is. Rita has a real layout after the launch, and one that hasn't been duplicated twice already.

(I had ERT on both during the TPR UK trip.)

kir

Hyper Poster
Nice to see Rita winning the poll! :lol:

RITA IS BETTER THAN STEALTH IN EVERY ASPECT.

Stealth's launch is BORING, Stealth's tophat is BORING, Stealth's airtime hill is BORING.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
Rita has the better launch and is a great ride that I really enjoy but I prefer Stealth for the fact that it gives me more of an adreneline rush. Plus I really enjoy the live DJ in the Stealth area, it really adds to the atmosphere. :)

Jake

Strata Poster
I don't understand why Stealth gives a higher "adrenaline rush".

For a start, its only 18mph faster, woo...

Then, within 3 seconds of the launch, you're traveling at a measily 8mph, hit 70 odd again, then into the brakes.

How does that compare to Ritas 20 seconds of constant speed and force?

kir

Hyper Poster
^ I believe that's why I prefer Rita, Jake. Because it's constant high speed. I find Stealth's Tophat boring, because it goes really slow in the middle of all the action. That doesn't appeal to me.

dc006f5086

Roller Poster
Jake said:
I don't understand why Stealth gives a higher "adrenaline rush".

For a start, its only 18mph faster, woo...

Then, within 3 seconds of the launch, you're traveling at a measily 8mph, hit 70 odd again, then into the brakes.

How does that compare to Ritas 20 seconds of constant speed and force?

I find Rita's constant speed to be quite dull after a while. Sure Stealth is crap when it slows down but you get the wow factor from the view which adds to the rush for me. Dont think I am a Rita hater because Im not I love the ride, I just prefer the rush Stealth gives me. Maybe its something to do with the height.

A

Anonymous

Could you tell us why you think Stealth is better? You know, make a post that isn't entirely inane, for once?

Thanks.

Ok so jake called me 'inane' ... thats coming from a fellow who has his own eye as his avatar ... hmmmm ... anyway, i will explain why i think stealth is better.

- FASTER (FACT!)
- BIGGER (FACT!)
- BETTER THEMEING (opinion)
- MORE INTENSE (opinion)

... let me point out my opinions are usually true.[/quote]

Jake

Strata Poster
lukeMONGhan said:

Thanks.

Ok so jake called me 'inane' ... thats coming from a fellow who has his own eye as his avatar

Erm, ok? That was about as relevant as a reliable ride at THORPE.

lukeMONGhan said:
... hmmmm ... anyway, i will explain why i think stealth is better.

Ok... hit me.

- FASTER (FACT!)

So... just because TTD is faster than S:RoS, it means it is automatically better? I didn't think so.

- BIGGER (FACT!)

Erm, not exactly. If you meant "taller", it would be a fact. But Rita is longer, therefore there is more track... so Rita is actually "bigger".

Even so, I point you back to my argument that "TTD must be better than S:RoS because its taller"... NO.

- BETTER THEMEING

Neither really have themeing IMO. Any themeing is EXTREMELY minimalistic, on both coasters. Although, I find Rita has a better atmosphere.

- MORE INTENSE

I disagree. Stealth has one G spike entering the top hat, and one pop of airtime into the BRAKE RUN. Airtime of which is KILLED by the decelleration. Rita on the other hand is relentless, with three or four pops of airtime, a MUCH more forcefull acceleration on the launch (fact), And extremely intense positive Gs on the turns.

... let me point out my opinions are usually true.

*Sigh*

Your opinions are no more valuble than anyone elses, please pull that carrot out of your ass.

EDIT: I just saw UC's post.

lukaMONG, consider yourself Double-Owned.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I have to agree with this Luke boy on one thing(just remember I choose Rita as the better coaster), Rita is constent speed, which is my favourite part of a coaster, but after the second hill, the last large turn, it does get a but dull and repetative.

But I do prefer Rita.

"Luke, I am your father, now do as I say and stop spamming"

(I'm not trying to be a mod, it just does get really annoying when one person keeps constantly spamming)

A

Anonymous

I am sorry for spamming, it was an accident (mostly). However, by bigger i meant taller, not a longer track, sorry for the misunderstanding.

In MY opinion Stealth is a better ride, so i dont see what the big deal is. I think it is more intense because its launch is a higher speed, and i felt it was more intense.

I do agree both rides aren't the best for themeing, however, i fell the feel around stealth is better, and i think the themeing (little as there is) helps this.

Just to clear up ... i dont have a carrot up my bum hole, at this very second.

BWYEEEE!!!

Johnny

Hyper Poster
I prefer Stealth because I prefer big drops high speed rather than long length. As much as I enjoyed Rita I do prefer Stealth.

A

Anonymous

magic_mountainer said:
I prefer Stealth because I prefer big drops high speed rather than long length. As much as I enjoyed Rita I do prefer Stealth.
I agree, i think rita is a good ride dont get me wrong, but i prefer stealth it has the attributes i like in a ride.

A

Anonymous

Stealth is 10 times better IMO!!! Everything about Rita is crap, crap, crap! The launch is forceless, the rest of the ride is not that fast and pretty dull, the queueline is way way too long and the ride is not worth the long wait it usually has! Whereas Stealth is short and sweet - the launch packs an amazing punch, and the views from the top are great, and also the occasional airtime you get from the bunny hop.

A

Anonymous

In my opinion, Rita pisses on stealth, It has a better launch, it has a better appearance than stealth.

Even Rita's theme, the 'Thunder Rock Rally' pisses on stealths, I mean whats is stealthy about a giant metal structure !

You may diasagree but i think Rita is better, end of !