What's new

PortAventura | Ferrari Land | New Area

ahahahahahahahahahahaha that's **** disgusting, that's beyond even Merlin levels of absolute GREED. 40 **** euros for a wonky accelerator that does less than those built 10 years ago and a drop tower or two.

Tbf, 50-60 euros at the current exchange rate is about fair if they combine the two parks.

oriolat2 said:
^_koppen, I know who is bulding the park. It is InvestIndustrial, an Italian venture capital company with some (bad) experience running parks, which is currently owning and operating PortAventuraWorld (the resort; hotels and parks). They invested 100 million Euros and partnershipped with Ferrari (Italian, any surprise here?) to use their brand for the new park.

Even with the big marquee attraction, it's such a niche park that only Ferrari fans would pay 40 € to get into it exclusively. As for the rest, the 60-euro deal is a no brainer. That's why I think that FerrariLand won't last as a separate gate for too long.

Hey, any ideas where PortAventura annual pass holders will come into this, will we have to pay extra to get into Ferrari Land or will they allow pass holders to go between the parks?

I am not taken in by the project at all, I feel PA can do so much better.

Scott88 said:
oriolat2 said:
^_koppen, I know who is bulding the park. It is InvestIndustrial, an Italian venture capital company with some (bad) experience running parks, which is currently owning and operating PortAventuraWorld (the resort; hotels and parks). They invested 100 million Euros and partnershipped with Ferrari (Italian, any surprise here?) to use their brand for the new park.

Even with the big marquee attraction, it's such a niche park that only Ferrari fans would pay 40 € to get into it exclusively. As for the rest, the 60-euro deal is a no brainer. That's why I think that FerrariLand won't last as a separate gate for too long.

Hey, any ideas where PortAventura annual pass holders will come into this, will we have to pay extra to get into Ferrari Land or will they allow pass holders to go between the parks?

I am not taken in by the project at all, I feel PA can do so much better.

No idea about that. If the water park is not included in the regular season pass, I doubt FL will. I guess PA will offer another season pass combining PA+FL+water park and it will be ridiculously expensive.

Anyway, pics from this afternoon. 6th section built, one to go. I bet the ride structure will be finished before the new season starts... That's going to sell a lot of tickets and build anticipation for the 2017 season among the GP...

2nm3fuo.jpg

2v9z0ye.jpg

282ncid.jpg

Gabri999 @ CAPTE.org

Do we even know what that random cluster of supports in the top half of the structure is even for?

Are they going to be holding up signs/theme structure in any form?

Martyn B said:
Yet another photo showing some very dodgy track work there.....

It's atrocious, the funny thing is portaventura keep uploading pictures that clearly show how wobbly it is! It's almost like they're saying 'hey look at this coaster we're building, we've completely bodged it and it's gonna be rough as tits! Hope you wanna ride it when it opens next summer' wtf

Chris Brown said:
Martyn B said:

It's atrocious, the funny thing is portaventura keep uploading pictures that clearly show how wobbly it is! It's almost like they're saying 'hey look at this coaster we're building, we've completely bodged it and it's gonna be rough as tits! Hope you wanna ride it when it opens next summer' wtf

And don't forget to pay 20€ more to ride, since we've installed a big-ass Ferrari logo on it...

Chris Brown said:
Martyn B said:

It's Intamin who messed this up though? I'm sure PortAventura didn't ask for track like that...

owentaylor121 said:
Chris Brown said:
Martyn B said:

It's Intamin who messed this up though? I'm sure PortAventura didn't ask for track like that...

Well that if you're going to be precious Owen it's not even intamins fault it's the company installing the coaster...