What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

If the theming on this will be anythink like PortAventura's other themed rides it will be EPIC.

First pieces of track installed:

378506_2348251274551_1498154101_31868047_1114364115_n.jpg

Jesus, are they EVER going to start with the rest of the ride?

^Looks like (and I'm sure I've seen someone mention this earlier in the topic) they're being repainted to that lighter blue. I think the track is getting a re-paint too?

I'm intrigued about this coaster and I really hope it gets a cool-looking station and some theming. Nice to actually see some pictures of it going up though.

^No the supports are being painted in the darker blue colour, and the track is being painted too (as you can see in the picture) :)

BTW, if you look closely at the last picture you will notice the pieces for the first drop with a huge spine, similar to those on Leviathan.

Could Shambhala be using a similar track section?

As long as it doesn't have that HORRIBLE bit that keeps going and acts as a support and is the same colour as the spine and looks AWFUL <//3

I love how this is obviously going to be loads better than Leviathan <3

Re: Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

I hope it does just to spite you :lol:

I personally see nothing wrong with the spine continuing down like Leviathans. Doesnt seem ugly, at all, and I can see some form of theme going up around it to fit in with the theme of the ride overall. But, as Ill never end up getting over to ride it, my opinion and view on the matter really isnt needed.

Switching between the hideouts'...

^If the spine continued curving in a parabolic arc, curved to vertical, or was painted the same color as the supports instead of the spine, it would look a lot better in my opinion. It seems like it's a very sound way to support a tall lifthill, it's just not very aesthetically pleasing on Leviathan and most likely wouldn't be on this ride.

If it was coloured the same as the supports, I wouldn't have a problem with it. It's just how it is on Behemoth2 is hideous.

It reminds me of how a 'SEGA' coaster would've looked like in the 90's, has a very old-school charm. Thats judging by the colours of the track, I can't wait to see this thing up in the air!

Hello there!

After the positive response to my Swarm recreation for Thorpe Park's 2012 ride, I thought I would have a go at recreating PortAventura's new ride, Shambhala; set to become the tallest coaster in Europe.

Please Comment and Enjoy

(I am not authorised to post url links so you will have to search for my channel, sorry :( )

JAMMYD778

^I'll link it for you JAMMYD778 (or 777... whatever)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQTUcowYuII[/youtube]

If you ask me it seems too drawn out, but I don't know if that's just your recreation or that the ride will actually be this drawn out. If it's the latter, then I fear it may be a bit dull. Having said that, the interaction with Kahn may improve things.