What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

I quite like the paint job. The only other B&M that I can think that is painted in that manor is Insane Speed, so that is kind of unique. It is kind of a blend between a monochrome paint job and what I call a "B&M paint job" (ex. Raptor @ CP)

Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
^ I mean the track for the ride part not the brakerun, which looked horrid.

You've missed my point entirely. There's actually NO different really between the track of the brake run and normal track, apart from a few missing connectors (I don't know their actual definition names) between the rails and spine. So I really don't know what you're talking about?!

-lofty- said:
Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
^ I mean the track for the ride part not the brakerun, which looked horrid.

You've missed my point entirely. There's actually NO different really between the track of the brake run and normal track, apart from a few missing connectors (I don't know their actual definition names) between the rails and spine. So I really don't know what you're talking about?!
The connectors are called ties. ;)

I really like the duel-colour track. It's clever as I think it won't detract from Kahn too much.

As with most people here, I quite like the paint job as it will certainly distinguish this ride from other coasters,a little sexy too... :--D

It wouldn't surprise me if they repainted Khan's track to include a tad of orange...then it really be fire and ice!

Very low quality images, but at least is something new. Little or nothing movement has been done this week, we only see more track...
1a.jpg

2a.jpg

3a.jpg

Although at the beginning, I hated the colour scheme, it's actually grown on me...

I like the colour scheme, although I wonder if it was selected to not stand out too much like Khan's supports? The white and blue won't be too clear with a bright blue Spannish sky as a back-drop.

^Exactly, it's something refreshing! :wink: I love the colours, it'll look gorgeous on a bright Summer day, although the heat won't help the theme unless you queue through an intensely air-conditioned mountain with fake mist?

It looks better than I expected.

I am eager for vertical construction to start. I mean, why lay pieces of track when you are not going to put them together?

On a site note, Khan's paintjob has already started and it looks like the Pink Panther will shine as bright as if it was brand new!

dragon_7.jpg

Compare the prelift red with the rest...

Didn't know Kahn was getting a re-paint. Going to look even better. :)

Finally. This has been needed since when I went back in 2004. It's looking very pink at the moment, it's going to look fantastic when brand new.

I always thought Khan was meant to be kind of orangey-red rather than dark blood red. Didn't know the paint had just faded.
Going to look awesome dark red and will really stand out given Shambhala's light colour scheme, which I also think looks brilliant and really original.

spicy said:
I always thought Khan was meant to be kind of orangey-red rather than dark blood red. Didn't know the paint had just faded.
Going to look awesome dark red and will really stand out given Shambhala's light colour scheme, which I also think looks brilliant and really original.
Yeah, it's meant to be RED, not faded red. It's just sad that it's inevitable with the long hours of sunshine that Spain get's, it's going to fade.

Are they just painting the main part of the track and leaving the rails how they are, or will they repaint those too?

Crazycoaster said:
Are they just painting the main part of the track and leaving the rails how they are, or will they repaint those too?

As far as I know, the rails will remain unpainted. Sounds good to me... it just wouldn't look 'right' to have painted rails on Khan. Maybe I am too used to the current colour scheme but it would be odd for me...