What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Im pretty sure there was supposed to be tunnels as well as a splashdown.
If this is the layout, regardless of whether or not its going to be 'drawn out' like in that recreation, then Im very excited for it!

I doubt it will be that drawn out, I seriously hope not as well. I'm really hoping for some tight, tall, floaty hills you usually get on these hypers, it'll look really nice in the backdrop, and ride like a beaut!

To be honest, I don't think that recreation is going to be like the real deal, at all really. Yeah, the layout has been followed, but there seems to be a hill missing somewhere. If I remember correctly, from the information provided by the press release, it's got a minimum of 5 airtime hills, the lowest of which is 50ft. Therefore, you see my point Re: the recreation.

Some sexy pics of Kahn and Shambhala's track:
coaster1.jpeg

coaster5.jpg

Kahn's track: <3
Kahn's supports: <////3

Dragon Khan now wants to be SuperKhan... :roll:

And, marc, don't take this recreation seriously. It was made by a fanboy and the transitions look too drawn-out.

As for the construction, I am eager to watch the lift go up (although I have the feeling that won't happen until the park closes for the season and there are no enthusiasts sneaking around). There's a crapload of pics in Dream's Blog:

http://elblogdedream.wordpress.com/2012 ... tografico/

What have they done to Khans supports?! Looks terrible.

Hopefully it won't look so bad once Shambhala towers over it.

Is it true that the design for this is actually 5 years old and only now do that have the money to build what they wanted to years ago?

Also is it correct that due to the about the old style trains are being used?

I did try and look through the topic but could not see the design of trains.

^ I dont think we know anything official on the trains, but it has been mentioned that they will be the old style 4 across trains.

Now that there will be a much taller coaster Khan won't need it's sky blue coloured supports, but the "superman colour scheme" is horrible imo.. ><

marc said:
Is it true that the design for this is actually 5 years old and only now do that have the money to build what they wanted to years ago?

Also is it correct that due to the about the old style trains are being used?

I did try and look through the topic but could not see the design of trains.
It has been said that it will feature the new "Behemoth trains". But there were also some rumours that it might will get a new type of train with the old seating (Silver Star etc) but with a splash down feature positioned on the front car of the train. Nothing has been confirmed as far as I know though.

Splash downs are not important unless there is a path right near it like on some. For me personally am not fussed by them either way, when on the ride they add nothing at all.

It's pretty much for advertising really. A "Super Amazing Splashdown!" sounds better than "An Average Camelback!". The GP will just be like: "OMG! A SPLASHDWON THIS SOUNDS AMMMAAAZZZINNNG."

Well it's not the public going on and on and on about them.

As I said for me they add nothing other than a trim or a straight bit of track and some photos. On ride they do nothing.

Yea splashdowns are just pretty to look at...it'll probably turn out like the one on Skeikra and Griffon with the bars under the train to create a pretty wave of water, that serves no purpose but to slow the train down.

250px-GriffonSplashdown.jpg

That or it'll just use jets to shoot the water. Ether way its completely pointless.

Though do look nice don't get me wrong, as long as they are in a good place that people can see them and get good pictures.