What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
oriolat2 said:
Although blurry, here's a good surprise:

rollercoaster2012-134.jpg

Almost done! And it looks *really* steep.
:shock: <////3.
Im in love.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Personally, I think the skyline would look much better if the whole lift and drop were BEHIND Khan, instead of overlapping for a bit. Obviously, that might have been necessary due to other factors, and the interaction will probably make the drops more exciting; solely for looks, however, I would prefer it completely behind.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Oh man, wasn't expecting something that steep! :shock:

The track still reminds me of SEGA though.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Has it been confirmed at all what type of train this coaster will have, standard 4 across or will it be similar to the Cedar Fair train layout?

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
I would assume the Cedar Fair train layout since it has a splashdown like Diamondback.

Lofty

CF Legend
From the start, the coaster planning application had the standard 4 across seating. The attached documents shown a splash from the front car as opposed to the back, wether this is true or not, hopefully it's got the new "V" shaped trains.

New Picture:

429363_285037584896466_128159303917629_790483_197952216_n.jpg

oriolat2

Giga Poster
-lofty- said:
From the start, the coaster planning application had the standard 4 across seating. The attached documents shown a splash from the front car as opposed to the back, wether this is true or not, hopefully it's got the new "V" shaped trains.

That planning application file was a fake. Seriously, someone pulled this to get everyone talking but the trains won't be 4-across.

spicy

Giga Poster
Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Anyone that's ridden the standard and the staggered seating, is the staggered much better? Or doesn't it really make that much difference?

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm happy with that then, I hope it does, the staggered seating trains actually LOOK better than the original 4-across seating.

B&MintaminGCI

Roller Poster
I know for a fact from riding Nitro and Diamondback that the staggered seating has more of the B&M rattle too it, then the standard four across. The staggered seating is 2 rows sitting on wheels at the back of the car, it allows more room for the rattle, while the 4 across trains are just sitting directly on the wheels.

I prefer Nitro's 4 across to Diamondback's staggered, but Diamondback is awesome in the front seat, but rattles like hell in the back, where as Nitro is pretty much smooth wherever you sit minus the slight rattle that developed because the ride is 11 years old.

Tony

Hyper Poster
More progress :--D :

th720_10_3_1328885417.PNG

rollercoaster2012-138.jpg

rollercoaster2012-140.jpg

Looking back on the picture of the model, does this thing have a MCBR? I seriously cannot wait now to get back to PA :D .

Someone on TPR also stated the drop is 77.4* steep.

Lofty

CF Legend
Tony said:
Looking back on the picture of the model, does this thing have a MCBR? I seriously cannot wait now to get back to PA :D .
I think, if I remember correctly, the MCBR is actually RIGHT near the end of the ride, after the Splashdown!

Martyn B

CF Legend
That first camel-back looks like its going to be pretty steep, and I love that shot of the lift, it looks maHOOsive!

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

That really doesn't go as far a long the park as I thought it was going to, shows how tight that hill is.

Very excited.

JAMMYD777

Roller Poster
Really liking the progress on this now.

Love the look of that helix.

Pretty accurate idea of layout:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQTUcowYuII[/youtube]

2012 is a busy year for B&M

May consider venturing over to Spain in the coming years! :lol: