What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

Hello Dragon Khan, still looking as sexy as ever I see. It's been a while :p

Ben said:
Is that gonna be... different coloured spine and track?

Urgh.

That's FOUL.

Agreed, they better be painting that -_- It would look 10x better with the same blue on the spine

They won't be painting it now, hopefully that's just for the station. That bluey turqoise is **** gorgeous, although it makes Khan look faded :(

^ A happy coincidence perhaps, it turns out that Dragon Khan is being repainted so that once Shambhala opens, Dragon Khan will look just as pretty as it did opening day. Basically.

I think the different colored tracks look awesome!

I'm not sure if this is worse than Scream!, but it looks like it might be, still have to wait for the supports.

That looks horrible, they should have just used the turquoise color.
I can't see them changing it now, and that's track a break run not station :(

I'm with michaellll on this one! I think the track looks sexy :--D At least if the supports are white as well!

I think it may be pretty clever of PA colouring the track like that if the whole coaster is coloured like that.

On a really clear sunny day, which happens alot at PA, ever noticed from a distance how Khan's supports blend into the sky so well they are almost invisible. Maybe that is the look they are going with Shambhala with the track, it could look really good, or terrible.

Just an idea. I think until the coaster is vertical its hard to say whether it will look good or bad really.

It only struck me earlier that Behemoth is coloured like that, and this shows the same sort of piece of track on that...

gmmi58r07qa000f8lv40ek.jpg

But, Behemoth the colours blend more, which is fab. This is just offensive.

I'm laughing that some people were complaining that the track on Leviathan was all one colour, and now some people are complaining that this track isn't.

^I think the complaints there was that the track and the supports were pretty much the same colour?

That's my complaint with that colour scheme anyway. Too similar supports and track, not enough fab contrast.

Hmm, those two colours together looks "cute". I'm not sure if "cute" is a word I'd associate with a B&M hyper, although the ice cool colours do suit the theme.

Agreed with Ian. It COULD be worse, I'll give it that.

Thats an awsome picture of Khan! Dont see that angle too often.

Mantis.

Nitro.

There are more.

The spine being a different colour from the track isn't necessarily an ugly thing.

REALLY interesting colour choice.

Yes Mantis and Nitro etc have this different-colour-spine-thing. But the dark turquoise and white is so contrasting. I think I'll reserve judgement for when it's vertical.

And I remember when people bitched about a ride being painted red. I guess they should just leave it unpainted and rusty.

I think the colours are quite refreshing and should look good behind DK...

After all it could be worse :p

The+Dragon+at+Ocean+Park+Hong+Kong.jpg

That coaster looks good on its own^ but beside Khan it would suck.

Idk it seems some one always complains about the colours, its just a personal thing. I just don't like the different coloured track spine on this one. If it was all the light blue like in the concept art I would like it better.

I know it's blurry, but this is better than nothing. Some random enthusiast from PA-Community shot this today and posted it on his FB:

th720_coaster_1as_fotos_2012_dkr_1322321115.jpg

Looks like more track has arrived (or it was there and we didn't notice!).

I am sure someone will bring fresher and better pictures from the park today.