What's new

Port Aventura |"Shambhala"| B&M Hyper

Re: "Shambhala", B&M Hyper, Port Aventura 2012

^^ Based on those pics, looks like we might have been wrong about the dual-colour track?

Personally, I think that's a shame :( I know that I'm outnumbered though.

The top of the box is white too by the look of it, just the rails that are turqoise. Hmmm. Doesn't look nice from there, will wait until it's erected giggity before passing judgement.

The spine in those new photos looks blue to me - although I'm happy to be proven wrong. Might be the mediterranean light.

^Yeah, you're colour blind.

That could only be whiter if it was a member of the KKK.

^^ Personally thought it was the sunlight shining back. Consider me proven wrong.

Which I'm pretty happy about as I love the dual colour anyway ^^

th720_DSCF5602_1322338438.JPG

That shows it a lot more clearly.

And it's growing on me a bit now actually.

Looks a bit like Alpengeist track, which is a good think. I am not sure how these pearl grey supports match the white and green track though...

Shame I can´t see blue, the track is black and white for me. Good thing is that the track is on sight, and ready for vertical construction!

Ben said:
th720_DSCF5602_1322338438.JPG

That shows it a lot more clearly.

OK, I'm definitely wrong about the colouring.

Which makes me seriously happy! I'm really looking forwards to see how this looks hundreds of feet in the air :D

Ben said:
I'm the same. It initially struck me as "ugh, not too sure about that", but then realised that it might actually work. If they really are going for a mountain theme, then it makes sense.

I think it's just because it's so unusual, people immediately have a strong negative reaction to it. Once people start to see it in context, rather than as "oh, it's not the usual shiny, bright, in your face colour scheme that we're used to" I expect most people will come around.

MouseAT said:
Once people start to see it in context, rather than as "oh, it's not the usual shiny, bright, in your face colour scheme that we're used to" I expect most people will come around.

^^ yep

If you look closely at the picture, you can see the set of wheels found on the transfer area.

Edit: new photo from the station area.

th720_DSCF5619_1322338375.JPG

Ohh I like the shiny silver supports :) mhmm its a little better.

The colour seems very... 1960s. But I like it! It should give the ride very unique character.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DeWqe6T9zI&feature=feedu[/youtube]

Just some more shots of the track and such.

I think those colours are lush, subtle enough to not effect Khan too much and will blend in with the skyline really well. I think its going to look really good.

Bring on some vertical construction :)

Bottom_Feeder_13 said:
Looking much better than that brake-run track now that we can see some of the actual ride.

Sorry, I don't quite understand this? Surely track is track, no matter where on the ride it's from? We can't exactly see "More of the ride" unless you mean the station contrsuction?

It looks perfect, it's a nice breath of fresh air from the new wave of morbid, dark and gothic themed coasters. It's a definate return trip for me, it actually gave me chills looking at that photo, and picturing it against the backdrop, wow! PortAventura never ceases to amaze me!