What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

peep

CF Legend
Fan chatter seems to be going a little quiet but something near where the chiapas area path will enter the area has had some work done, leading them to speculate when it'll open. July seems to be the latest theory but I wouldn't place bets on that.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Dar

Hyper Poster
This is what's been put up near Chiapas...
A BRAND NEW FENCE! :D
image.thumb.jpeg.846040131ad3f0ac087433d588e5ed0c.jpeg

(image from PhantaFriends

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
It still desperately needs some foliage all around the rockwork. Starting to lose hope that they'll put any in now.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
What I really hate about this theming is that everything feels like a pieced together facade. It feels like Chessingtons Mexicana area where all the buildings roof tops are pieced together pieces of garden fencing. It's all a bit 2-Dimentional. There's no depth or forced perspective. Just feels like a plank.

Don't like it. The theming for me is a dud. They did an amazing job with Black Mamba, an OKAY job with Chiapas and now this is just no.

The coaster itself however looks tasty and I'm looking forward to seeing a pov / eventually getting myself over to Phanny and experiencing it myself.

mouse

Giga Poster
peep said:
July seems to be the latest theory but I wouldn't place bets on that.
God I hope it'll be open by the end of July, that's when I'll be there...
What else is there that needs to be done other than further testing? Seems like the majority of the theming is completed, unless there's more to be added for the rest of the area?

Dar

Hyper Poster
The Chiapas corner looked like this a week ago:
thumb_001_446.jpg

But Black Mamba was a wreck 3 days before opening, so who knows :(

peep

CF Legend
The park just announced on Facebook that it is opening 30th June with media stuff on the 29th!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
[tweet]https://twitter.com/CoasterForce/status/739794993565585409[/tweet]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
According to the press release, the new area breaks six world records...

· TARON is the fastest multi-launch coaster worldwide.

· In its design TARON is the longest multi-launch coaster in the world.

· TARON has the most intensive catapult drive (LSM) worldwide.

· The tracks cross over an unequalled 116 times over the layout 58 track intersections – that is a world record for a multi-launch coaster!

· The RAIK family boomerang is the fastest and longest boomerang in the world.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Ian said:
The tracks cross over an unequalled 116 times over the layout 58 track intersections – that is a world record for a multi-launch coaster!
Does this imply that there is a coaster of a different style that has more? I'm struggling to think of any other coaster that would have as many intersections as this one...

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Finally an opening date, it feels like this has gone on for ever! Love the pics from that tweet.

Ian said:

What does this mean? Is it saying it's the fastest LSM acceleration?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Pink Panther said:
Ian said:

What does this mean? Is it saying it's the fastest LSM acceleration?
That's what I'm interpreting it to mean, yes. Can't seem to be able to find the stats from a cursory Google search though. I'd be interested to see what they actually are.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Jay Cartwright must have said the claim about Raik being the fastest boomerang, the GIBs are obviously going to be faster.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
The fastest acceleration has to do with the amount of Gs this uses as force(not sure how to properly word that), I heard. In comparison, Kingda Ka has 1.4 Gs(I think), and this has 1.6.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
GuyWithAStick said:
The fastest acceleration has to do with the amount of Gs this uses as force(not sure how to properly word that), I heard. In comparison, Kingda Ka has 1.4 Gs(I think), and this has 1.6.
Bingo. Fastest acceleration has nothing to do with top speed, it's simply which one gains speed the fastest (which we enthusiasts like to measure in Gs as they're easily relatable, but scientifically is measured in m/s^2).

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I'm pretty sure Fluch Von Novgorod currently has the fastest LSM acceleration and if my calculations are correct, that pulls 2G (but that assumes standing launch which it isn't :p ).