What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Since nobody have posted it, I'll start a new thread on this.

Phantasialand has announced that they will close their Silver mine dark ride, along with the rest of the western themed area.

There is now word on what might replace it, or when it will be ready, but the new area will be an expansion of the mystery themed area, which is a move in the right direction if you ask me, as both Mystery Castle and River Quest have awesome theming, and could use a few friends.

People on the German forums is speculating like crazy, but I won't do it here. All I know is if the park want's a coaster, this area can fit one. The park have opened both the shooter ride, as well as the funny walk through lately, so there is no direct need for another dark ride just yet IMO.

Here is the area that will be available, it's right next to the newly built Chiapas:
256217d1390084958-cf-titelbild.png

http://www.coasterfriends.de/forum/24-top-news/327-phantasialand-der-naechste-abschied.html

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Phantasialand to demolish the Western area for something

I've always felt that the area was a bit of a waste of space, so I'm glad to hear it's being changed. http://rcdb.com/12723.htm

peep

CF Legend

This has been on the cards for a couple of years now so it was only a matter of time. I can see them trying to cram in as much as possible so expect more than just a coaster or dark ride.

I think in the picture posted the China dark ride is also involved. Hmm, still, exciting times for Phantasia Land.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

I haven't been there, is that park limited by a local ordinance causing the crazy shortage of expansion space?

Aerial images can't justify all the demolition that they do there.

peep

CF Legend

The park is surrounded by houses. Theyve applied to expand on a huge chunk of forest across the road which was all posted about in another topic ages ago, no idea if that expansion (more resort than actual attraction space) is actually happening.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

nadroJ

CF Legend

Yh, the Western area was always quite weird, especially as it seemed to be split into two sections with Colorado Adventure and the bouncy mini drop tower things over one side, then China and the Mystery area between, then a random Western street with the (fab) Silver Mine dark ride. And it was ALWAYS dead, with the shops all closed and nobody down there.

Whatever it is, we know it's going to be awesome and well themed, I'm intrigued as to what kind of coaster they might get though because as coasters go in Phantasialand they don't really have many 'big' types, only Black Mamba when you really look at it so I can see them getting something small like a Gerst or Maurer Sohne and then theming it up really nice.

_koppen

Hyper Poster

peep said:
I think in the picture posted the China dark ride is also involved.

I'm not a 100% on this, but if I remember correctly then the China dark ride is on the other side of the street, up toward the mine train station.

rollermonkey said:
I haven't been there, is that park limited by a local ordinance causing the crazy shortage of expansion space?

Aerial images can't justify all the demolition that they do there.

The area around the park is not a problem, but the residents living there, and the city of Bruhl.
They have been in a twist of expansion since the mid 90s If I remember correctly.

They recently got the plans approved, but only to 50% of what the originally wanted.
The new area can not be used for any theme park attractions though, that's why they keep demolishing things.

An indoor water park, a new hotel and a theater is some of the things planned for the new area.
I post a picture below that shows the new area.

nadroJ said:
Yh, the Western area was always quite weird, especially as it seemed to be split into two sections with Colorado Adventure and the bouncy mini drop tower things over one side, then China and the Mystery area between, then a random Western street with the (fab) Silver Mine dark ride. And it was ALWAYS dead, with the shops all closed and nobody down there.

This is my thoughts exactly.

Phantasialand-Expansion.jpg

http://www.parksmania.it/2012/11/15/phantasialand-un-resort-con-parco-acquatico-per-il-futuro/

peep

CF Legend

That second photo is amazing. It'll be interesting to see what they have in store for this area. It sounds like a lot of the building and the ride has already been removed so they'll be a huge whole there once the park reopens.

peep

CF Legend
Phantasialand - New ride for 2015/2016

Couldn't find an actual topic for this one which surprised me. Still, the park have demolished their Western dark ride for a brand new attraction for the Mystery area (Mystery castle and River Quest are currently the only other attractions in this area). The park are refusing to budge in terms of releasing information and have been [strike]asking[/strike] demanding fan sites to delete any photos of the construction site. Recently some fans got an aerial photo taken which shows just how massive this area is.

phantalucht13814.jpg

Source - http://www.loopings.nl

Speculation is of course growing and some have said that the long trench currently under construction could be a long straight for a launch coaster. Obviously for all we know it's just for a path (doubtful considering how deep it is) but although the park has said it's for next year don't be surprised when it's not ready till 2016.

I for one am very excited about this, the Mystery themed area of the park is excellent and if it means the park is building a new rollercoaster, well, I'm very intrigued as to what it'll be and how well they'll theme it.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Re: Phantasialand - New ride for 2015/2016

A launched coaster would fit well in the park, since they don't have a ride that quite gives the same sensation (Mystery Castle is closest I guess). Maybe a Mack mega coaster? I am definitely excited, and I hope they'll theme it as well as Black Mamba, Talocan and Chiapas, which is a really high standard they set for themselves. Next year sounds very unlikely indeed, with Chiapas (a pretty big ride) that opened this year.

peep

CF Legend

Bloomin' search thing on this forum never works. Can someone with a bit more know how merg the two topics?

STC

Mega Poster

ThomVD said:
Maybe a Mack mega coaster?

Very unlikely to be Mack. Due to the rivalry with Europa, the park almost never build Mack (not since the original log flume in 1974, a year before EP opened).

andrus

Giga Poster

STC said:
ThomVD said:
Maybe a Mack mega coaster?

Very unlikely to be Mack. Due to the rivalry with Europa, the park almost never build Mack (not since the original log flume in 1974, a year before EP opened).
I never get the argument that Mack wouldn't sell their coasters to rivalry parks. Europa Park is a show case of rides that Mack wants to sell. I'm sure they are more than willing to sell coasters to Phantasialand, if they asked them.

What would happen if Mack refused to sell them a coaster? Then Phantasialand would just buy something similar from Intamin or Gerst, which would be equally bad for Europa Park (minus the income for the coaster they never sold).

peep

CF Legend

Yeah I'm not convinced about this so called rivalry either. I think a Mack mega coaster would fit into Phantasia's demographic perfectly and it'd be interesting to see what the park would do with the ride type.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

It don't think STC was saying Mack wouldn't sell to them, more Phantasialand wouldn't buy from them. I think that's stupid if that's true because they are just missing out on a great selection of rides.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I really don't think a Mack would suit the park, but that's just me.
Maybe it's because they did so well with a B&M coaster...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

They have plenty of family level coasters, time for another thrill ride... Especially considering it'll be living in the Mystery area...

Besides, they can save the Mack launched for when they demolish Night Hawk...

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I hope they won't demolish Night Hawk, I quite like it.

And Helix is not a family coaster, so they could make a mack mega as intense as they want.