What's new

Phantasialand | Taron | Intamin launched

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Re: Phantasialand to demolish the Western area for something

I think Night Hawk is a good small family coaster, but an enclosed mack launch along the lines of Manta at SWSD would probably be better and good fit for the park to target at families. Or maybe an Intamin motorbike coaster like Juvelen or Jet Rescue, where the train can be themed more effectively.

As for what's going in the Mystery area, I definitely think Phantasialand should add another thrilling coaster as Black Mamba is the only one that fills that category. I'm stuck between two options though. One the one hand, I would love Phantasialand to build something like a B&M Flyer (not a wing coaster as there's enough of those in Europe), with a more unique layout like Sky Scrapper. I think they'd be able to theme it very well and would have potential to be excellent. On the other hand, I think Phantasialand could do with coaster that focusses on airtime (although Colorado Adventure in the back seat helps to fill this void). My preference with this type of ride would definitely be an Intamin Mega Coaster, that maybe is a about the size of Goliath at WH, but I'm not sure that the space it would be in, would make it a very good layout.

Overall, I think a Flying Coaster would be more easy to market being that it would be unique in Germany and it would probably be easier to fit in with the Mystery theme, so if it was a choice between the two I mentioned (which it probably isn't) I think they would almost definitely go with the Flying Coaster.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ I've been thinking about a flying coaster too. Another B&M would be nice, but then which type? A dive machine is already in Heide Park and soon in Efteling, two parks close to Phantasia. Like you said, there are enough wing riders in Europe. They already have an invert. Hyper would be too big for the park. As far as I know, there isn't a flying coaster yet in mainland Europe so it would definitely be unique.

I'm not sure about an Intamin Mega Coaster. There are already two of those close (EGF and Goliath), and it's pretty hard to theme, even if it's the size of Goliath. Besides, I don't think even a smaller Intamin mega would fit in Phantasialand, at least in the demolished western area. Not enough space.

STC

Mega Poster

owenrita121 said:
It don't think STC was saying Mack wouldn't sell to them, more Phantasialand wouldn't buy from them. I think that's stupid if that's true because they are just missing out on a great selection of rides.

Yeah that's right. I'm sure Mack would be more than happy to sell rides to Phanny. It's more that Phanny don't buy Mack.

I don't have any evidence for this, other than the fact that the park haven't bought Mack since 1974. Pretty much every other major European park have bought Mack since then, even if its just a flat. Even Phanny's splash battle, which you'd expect to be Mack, isn't.

Hopefully they'll have to break their own habit because the Megacoaster is such an exceptionally high-quality product. The idea of that ride system married to contemporary Phanny's level of theming is drool-worthy.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Just stumbled upon this in Parkworld Magazine from a article on Chiapas:

The park’s owner reveals that the next big but as yet unidentified attraction at Phantasialand will top Chiapas in stature. Located in the Mystery area of the park, next to Amazing Mexico, it too will also be rich in detail, with as much as 70% of its budget devoted to theming

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

Klugheim2.jpg

http://airtimers.com/erste-hinweise-auf-die-neue-themenwelt-im-phantasialand/0026209/

peep

CF Legend

How did I not see this pop up on Tapatalk????

This has just added yet more fuel to my over-eagerness to know more about this new attraction. I love how after the park asked for all construction pics to be taken offline for them to then go and tease us all with this. It's evil and mysterious and I want to know more!

nadroJ

CF Legend

Oh my god WHAT IS IT???? so excited <3

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I find it hard to imagine this park getting even more amazing...

_koppen

Hyper Poster

316331d1413994677-201x-neuheit-ersatz-fuer-silbermine-phantasialand-img_0266.jpg

I like this one. A B&M flying coaster themed to mystery and a dragon would be freaking awesome! One can dream..

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster

^ I wouldn't look too much into the dragon, if this is a new area, the dragon may well be the area mascot. Each area has a different dragon, this may be a continuation of that.

peep

CF Legend

That is a dragon that already exists in the park as part of the Mystery area. It's interesting they would use an image of him to tease the new attraction, might mean he's actually involved in the story like the Mexican dragon is within Chiapas.

andrus

Giga Poster

_koppen said:
316331d1413994677-201x-neuheit-ersatz-fuer-silbermine-phantasialand-img_0266.jpg

I like this one. A B&M flying coaster themed to mystery and a dragon would be freaking awesome! One can dream..
Is that supposed to be a dragon?! :p Looks more like an evil moose of some sort! But still kind of cool though :)

nadroJ

CF Legend

Ooh yay for Phantasialand and incorporating characters into their ride narratives <3

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Perhaps the theme is some sort of rivalry with Chiapas, then?

peep

CF Legend

So Phantasialand are continuing with the unusual construction of this thing. A fair amount of ground work has apparently been done around the long trench of mystery. And then, out of nowhere, theming appears? Along one edge of the area some black rock has been built. No ride pieces have been spotted on site yet.

post-163-0-60318000-1419889469_thumb.jpg

Source: Phantafriends.de

nadroJ

CF Legend

I saw that scaffolding and thought OMG CRED but sadly twas not =[

Still so intrigued by this, I'll be closely following into 2015. Lol at the random theming just appearing XD

peep

CF Legend

So, more of that random theming has appeared and well, not a lot else. The trench (or one of them) looks like it has been filled with concrete but still no idea as to what it'll be used for. Looks like the theming going up is actually going to help block (to a degree) the view from certain paths (and maybe when on-ride the Colorado Adventure).

I won't post the pictures here but you can find them on THIS BLOG.

megasonic

Roller Poster

A new name appeared which could be used for a new attraction: "Taron". Even with a logo. It reminds me of Wodan at Europa-Park. But a wooden coaster for Phantasialand?

via Parkerlebnis

Attachments

• tp300x200.jpg
    tp300x200.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 41

ThomVD

Giga Poster

I doubt it will be a woodie. Takes up too much space and is too loud. Phantasialand has very strict sound limits, hence why Mystery Castle, Black Mamba, Talocan and all the indoor rides are the way they are.

The name reminds me of something though. Are you sure the full name isn't Taron 1898? :wink: