What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

The Iron Brick

Roller Poster
Guys, I haven’t been really keeping up with this thread, soooooo is this 2020 or 2021
We do not know. And someone from the park said that the work was delayed a bit because of the coronavirus. So if it's for this year, it won't be until September.
As long as there is no official announcement from the park, there is absolutely no point in talking about the opening date ... Some people thought it would open in 2018, then in 2019, then in 2020 ...

Envoyé de mon G3212 en utilisant Tapatalk

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
In terms of physical major theming all that's missing appears to be the prefabricated theming elements on the 1st launch bridge/structure through the middle. Obviously not a major task to crane in and attach compared to anything like rock/brick work.
Other than not knowing the status of the hotel interiors it looks quite near completion. ?

Trax

Hyper Poster
Well, the video shows one thing: The area lacks lots of details. It's just the outside walls, this tiny Balloon within one helix and parts of the bridge. That's all. And the outside walls are mostly painted up and do not feature any depths at all.
I really hope I am wrong, but this looks like the second ugliest area in Phantasialand, right after the Temple of the Nighthawk/Crazy Bats hall. If i want to see tall and boring walls, I walk past a prison.

Winjas007

Roller Poster
Lack of detail? I like the astronomical observatory (if it is one), the locomotive, the little bridges everywhere and the stem on the wall. This clearly breaks the huge wall and the upper part moves into the background and appears even further away and bigger.

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
To me it looks very promising. In fact, it's great to see quite a number of very nice details that were put in place over the last weeks. And I assume more is yet to come. The only thing I'm worried about is that it may not be opening this year...

Ethan

Strata Poster
Looks so ugly but I'm still kind of hyped for this lmao.
Special mention to the random train on top of the first launch with the bent track, I hope the railroad theming won't stop dead in the middle when it's finished.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
^ From the pictures and model my theory would that the railway track comes from a tunnel between the Zeppelin depots (the big sound barrier wall) although this connection doesn't actually exist as you can't see that up there. Trains come through under the green roof long the top of the 1st launch gantry/bridge structure so the train stops at the buffers in the middle above the coal depots below. I guess the idea thematically is coal is craned up into the train wagon and can then be taken away back the same direction. Although a section of track is up like a drawbridge for F.L.Y. to pass by from the looks of it.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ From the pictures and model my theory would that the railway track comes from a tunnel between the Zeppelin depots (the big sound barrier wall) although this connection doesn't actually exist as you can't see that up there. Trains come through under the green roof long the top of the 1st launch gantry/bridge structure so the train stops at the buffers in the middle above the coal depots below. I guess the idea thematically is coal is craned up into the train wagon and can then be taken away back the same direction. Although a section of track is up like a drawbridge for F.L.Y. to pass by from the looks of it.
Ugh if they pull it off from ground view that would look rather fab actually. Now I look closely I think you're right about it coming from a tunnel!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Well, the video shows one thing: The area lacks lots of details. It's just the outside walls, this tiny Balloon within one helix and parts of the bridge. That's all. And the outside walls are mostly painted up and do not feature any depths at all.
I really hope I am wrong, but this looks like the second ugliest area in Phantasialand, right after the Temple of the Nighthawk/Crazy Bats hall. If i want to see tall and boring walls, I walk past a prison.
Seeing something from a few hundred feet up is not the same as walking in. Guess what, Disney looks **** from a drone or plane footage. Perspective is huge.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Ethan

Strata Poster
Seeing something from a few hundred feet up is not the same as walking in. Guess what, Disney looks **** from a drone or plane footage. Perspective is huge.
Honestly though, Disney does look good from satellite though? Like even from above you can tell that the facades look detailed and have depth. It's just an opinion, but the colours and textures in Rookburgh just don't push my buttons, they just don't look good to me/others.

Nikl01as

Roller Poster
Honestly though, Disney does look good from satellite though? Like even from above you can tell that the facades look detailed and have depth. It's just an opinion, but the colours and textures in Rookburgh just don't push my buttons, they just don't look good to me/others.
Sorry, but it is Steampunk! It is a rather dark theme! It is not like Fantasy, where everything is fine, cozy and happy. That is not how steampunk work!