What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
Looks low.

I remember the first time I walked into Klugheim and that I saw Taron driving by. I thought it looked slow. My sister - not a themepark enthusiast and mostly nervous for bigger coasters - thought the same. Until she was in ... ?

In other words, appearances are deceptive.

Although, I don't expect F.L.Y. to be a speed demon, it's all about the flying experience and the near-misses along the stunning themed area. It wil be the total package that makes the experience they want us to have. It's gonna be a family-thrill which will be a fun ride for everyone. :)

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Reading these Wuzeball rumours has reminded me of a dream I had years ago, soon after a school trip there in 2010. I'd dreamt that Phantasialand had built RCT3 Dizzy Dropper ride and it was isolated, all alone and unthemed at the far end of an empty field (on land that is actually the Mystery car park). Not a Zacspin but similar and bare in mind this was years before a Dizzy Dropper actually got built as the RES Rollerball. I'd also managed to completely miss out the whole of the Wuze area on that trip... Subconsciously, I must have known of this rumour back then!

Stijn Schurkens

Roller Poster
Reading these Wuzeball rumours has reminded me of a dream I had years ago, soon after a school trip there in 2010. I'd dreamt that Phantasialand had built RCT3 Dizzy Dropper ride and it was isolated, all alone and unthemed at the far end of an empty field (on land that is actually the Mystery car park). Not a Zacspin but similar and bare in mind this was years before a Dizzy Dropper actually got built as the RES Rollerball. I'd also managed to completely miss out the whole of the Wuze area on that trip... Subconsciously, I must have known of this rumour back then!

I think I have already dreamed about 4 times that I ride Fly.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I remember the first time I walked into Klugheim and that I saw Taron driving by. I thought it looked slow. My sister - not a themepark enthusiast and mostly nervous for bigger coasters - thought the same. Until she was in ... ?

In other words, appearances are deceptive.

Although, I don't expect F.L.Y. to be a speed demon, it's all about the flying experience and the near-misses along the stunning themed area. It wil be the total package that makes the experience they want us to have. It's gonna be a family-thrill which will be a fun ride for everyone. :)
No, I meant, it doesn't appear to go very high.

Phantasiastisch

Mega Poster
No, I meant, it doesn't appear to go very high.

Also to this is my answer that appearances are deceptive but compare it to Taron, it doesn't go high up but it goes down into tunnels. The same with FLY, you would be surprised how big the distance is between the lowest and highest point of the track. However, I think Phantasialand proved with many of their attractions that good rides don't have to be the tallest or the fastest ones.

in addition, these pictures doesn't show the actual size of the track, you're also gonna be surprised by that. :)

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
giphy.gif

Y'ALL!

Ethan

Strata Poster
It looks indeed a little bit too slow for my taste. But air @altontowers looks also very slow but it's a very enjoyable ride. The onride footage (which I can't share) gave me a faster feeling than Air.
Tbh I meant more because the video quality and lighting was atrocious and showed close to nothing, not so much the speed! I expect this to be slow and graceful.

Frisbee

Roller Poster
I just wonder about a fact regarding Hotel Charles Lindbergh....

There will be three hotels finaly. Ling Bao, Matamba and Chareles Lindbergh (painted in white) while the conference center (painted blue) is not connected to any of them.

Evaluation plans from the past shoed also a kind of "Disney Vilage". An entertainment area for the night. While the number of beds has been increasing in the last 15 years, it's still a bit boring to stay there at night. There is nothing to do after the park closes. Having a walk outside means to walk along the motorway...

In order to make the park and specially its hotels more attractive for visitors, Rookburgh could be this entertainment area. With bars and the 3D Cinema next to it. The area between Rookburgh and Wuze Town could be added to this entertainment area as soon as it is available. this idea matches with the announcement of an "day & night experience".

What do you think about that?

hotel.jpg
And still, it is a miracle for me why the conference center is far away from all the hotels.