What's new

Phantasialand | F. L. Y. | Vekoma Launched Flying Coaster | 2020

JammyH

Hyper Poster
There is nothing to do after the park closes.

Depends what time of year you go though. In peak summer and winter season, the park shuts at 8pm. If you have dinner in the hotels, then it’s already 10-11pm.

If the dragon bar is open the rest of your evening is sorted ;)

There’s also fantissima.

They could also potentially refurbish the 4D cinema in the park and then use it as a evening cinema for actual films, just like they do at europa park. I think building a second cinema would be unnecessary.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
I hope an opening this summer, because I have to move out aboard...

The park are offering 25% off ling bao and matamba until end of august, so there is no chance of Rookburgh opening before September. And if you read up @CSLKennyNI posted an article which says that the park don't want to open the area as long as social distancing/masks are still a thing.

I'm not really sure why this is the case, as the park isn't exactly selling out everyday, so surely opening rookburgh would be an incentive for people to come and thus sell more tickets. Although, I'm not sure how economically viable it would be to open Charles Lindbergh in the current scenario given ling bao is barely managing to sell rooms and the hotel is having to operate with a stripped back menu and limited opening hours for the bars and restaurants.

I would really love rook burgh to open this year, but in the current situation I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2021 now. An opening in September/November would be nice though, and the area could be heavily marketed through the winter season and draw lots of guests in, but that's only if things are more back to normal by then, which is uncertain.

As long as the park are waiting for social distancing and masks to no longer be a thing, this area is unfortunately not going to open anytime soon. A somewhat naive decision in my opinion, as we could be stuck with the current restrictions for a very long time in the most pessimistic perspective. In which case, this thing is never going to open. Honestly, it would just make more sense to open the area when it's ready, but clearly that's not the current mindset of the park.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The new decorative chimney/funnel in those last pictures is attached to the top of the lift shaft of the middle hotel tower block.
A lot of work recently on has been installing lighting and nicely designed themed lanterns along the pathways (giving Klugheim's a run for their money) in the area.

I went by the outside of the park today saw loads of vans from various contractors parked up along the front of the hotel and in the car park opposite. Firms for electrical work, air con and heating, woodwork and interior outfitting. Universal Rocks are working on the last unfinished section of the back of the curved hotel block.

And I finally saw F.L.Y. whizzing by on its test runs for myself.
Its a sad thought that were it not for the pandemic coming inbetween and delaying things we could finally ... finish this godforsaken thread.
Oh and, riding it and experiencing the hotel ought to have been cool too I guess! ;)

saberline152

Roller Poster
The park are offering 25% off ling bao and matamba until end of august, so there is no chance of Rookburgh opening before September. And if you read up @CSLKennyNI posted an article which says that the park don't want to open the area as long as social distancing/masks are still a thing.

I'm not really sure why this is the case, as the park isn't exactly selling out everyday, so surely opening rookburgh would be an incentive for people to come and thus sell more tickets. Although, I'm not sure how economically viable it would be to open Charles Lindbergh in the current scenario given ling bao is barely managing to sell rooms and the hotel is having to operate with a stripped back menu and limited opening hours for the bars and restaurants.

I would really love rook burgh to open this year, but in the current situation I wouldn't be surprised if it was 2021 now. An opening in September/November would be nice though, and the area could be heavily marketed through the winter season and draw lots of guests in, but that's only if things are more back to normal by then, which is uncertain.

As long as the park are waiting for social distancing and masks to no longer be a thing, this area is unfortunately not going to open anytime soon. A somewhat naive decision in my opinion, as we could be stuck with the current restrictions for a very long time in the most pessimistic perspective. In which case, this thing is never going to open. Honestly, it would just make more sense to open the area when it's ready, but clearly that's not the current mindset of the park.
opening in september could be a good soft opening tho since it's a new ride system and all

Lifthiller

Roller Poster
The whole area of Rookburgh will be crowded for sure, even with limited amount of Tickets each day. The press - for sure - will attack and bad press is following. Thats not what they wanted.

JammyH

Hyper Poster
The whole area of Rookburgh will be crowded for sure, even with limited amount of Tickets each day. The press - for sure - will attack and bad press is following. Thats not what they wanted.
But similarly max and moritz at efteling, wakala at bellewaerde, piraten in Batavia and hals Uber kopf and volldampf at tripsdrill are all still opening this year.

Surely the issue you raise of “overcrowding” and “bad press” will be no different at the debut of these other brand new attractions? Clearly the other parks don’t see it is as a concern to delay the opening of their brand new investments.

Lofty

CF Legend
To be fair, they could've quite easily had a one way in/one way out rule for Klugheim, too. It just means guests would have to walk a little further to get into the area..?

Lifthiller

Roller Poster
But similarly max and moritz at efteling, wakala at bellewaerde, piraten in Batavia and hals Uber kopf and volldampf at tripsdrill are all still opening this year.

Surely the issue you raise of “overcrowding” and “bad press” will be no different at the debut of these other brand new attractions? Clearly the other parks don’t see it is as a concern to delay the opening of their brand new investments.

Its a bit different with these attractions in my opinion. All you have to manage here is the queue (stand-alone attractions). The around doen´t matter that much. But we will see.

Powermax90

Roller Poster
Its mid of June and we did not hear anything from the park management, no teasers anymore, no blogposts or an making of... nothing.

Klugheim's opening was announced 1 monath before opening (June 2016)....and there was a lot of advertising and reports in the foreground. I dont't think Rookburgh will be opened this year.

It feels unrealistic

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Its been covered in the previous pages. Lockdown has delayed work, as has happened with most other park projects too, so the original planned opening for this month can't be reached and the planned marketing campaign in run up put on hold. Comparisons to Klugheim in normal times are pointless.

Even when (say for example if the delay is a month like EP's Batavia - so end of July) its done whether they can or should open it remains unclear. Even for management its probably an undecided topic there's how the Coronavirus situation develops (will there be a second wave, another lockdown/parks shut, how long to masks and measures last?) that remains to be seen. Although that needs weighed up against the benefits of opening (extra capacity, hotel income, etc.) and the financial loss of maintaining an unused area, coaster and hotel.
Executive Assistant Chris Theis' words on the issue were posted a few pages prior:

August, September, Wintertraum or Easter 2021? Who knows.
Also frankly in these circumstances its not exactly the most important thing the park's ability to stay open, safe, survive and maintain their workforce is more important than if we get to ride F.L.Y. sooner or later. We speculate in circles but there's no point really until something official is said.

The Iron Brick

Roller Poster
Construction of hotel parking lot is nearing completion
8e2ac14752b772235ea26f36203c20f8.jpg
2a032309c1c1ab9e2630fe57bf698883.jpg
3330f0fa8a578e8ba1bfcc5834b9856a.jpg
1fdfaaf47d7a3ad095e3c7e0a4243857.jpg
85fb6ef2b77ff590e25f717782a9204a.jpg
54e97c02b0f9f3d052eb5124fdb8524a.jpg
b405a49b4a06b6dfe868951b3dcd6937.jpg
d9d5eccf5bfe26b52ef3c3bdf0f5a07a.jpg
52bee829b1e0350300351acf0cc6b109.jpg