What's new

Parque de Atracciones de Madrid | "TNT" | Gerstlauer

Martyn B

CF Legend
Looks like Parque de Atracciones de Madrid are getting a new cred this year. No official announcement, just some pictures from Towers Times.

77732d1327358837-neu-2012-neues-riesenrad-parque-de-attractiones-madrid-img4469y.jpg

77734d1327358837-neu-2012-neues-riesenrad-parque-de-attractiones-madrid-img4472s.jpg

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/all-othe ... de-madrid/

Re: Parque de Atracciones de Madrid | Family coaster?

What's that then? Gerstlauer? Intamin?

First thing I thought of was that Gerst at Duinrell.

The track here is slightly different though, so maybe not.

Yeah, reminds me of Intamin.

That park just keeps chucking in the family/kiddie coasters don't they?

They should get a new, like, good cred <3

A new cred is a new cred.

I need to get to this and Warner!

New coaster for Parque de Atracciones de Madrid 2012

According to the, usually reliable, rollercoaster database, it looks like a new coaster is in the cards for 2012.

Logo_Parque_Atracciones.jpg

Whether or not this is to be a major new attraction is unknown at this time, however, the likelihood is that it will be a smaller coaster, in the absence of a major press release.

For now...this is all we have:

Roller Coaster: unknown
Amusement Park: Parque de Atracciones de Madrid (Madrid, Madrid, Spain)
Classification: Roller Coaster
Type: Steel - Sit Down
Inversions: 0

What do you think? :wink:

Let the speculation begin!

Re: New coaster for Parque de Atracciones de Madrid 2012

It's a kids coaster and if you look near the bottom, there's already a topic in Ride Construction.

UC said:
I completely forgot this section (non-stickied) of the Construction topic even existed.

It's supposed to be for coasters after they open, but the moderating is pretty lax and selective. I dunno why, but some coasters NEVER get stickied, thus never get any attention.

Sort it out!

Just another coaster they won't bother to open unless they feel like it on the day.

Bastards.

I need to get to this and Warner!

Cheap enough on Expedia. I'm going in June (this better be open!) for 5 nights, and including flights, it cost £350 for 2 of us. Good location as well. Cant wait <3

Ridiculous park opening hours <3

Some guy on TTF is saying these supports are not Intamin's:

77735d1327358837-neu-2012-neues-riesenrad-parque-de-attractiones-madrid-img4473s.jpg

Intamin have another Supports.
Gerstlauers Supports go into the Fundament
Mack Supports go to the Fundament.

I dont guarantee anything, everything is possible, but the Chance for 'Mack is really high.

Hmmm... They look like the Intamin supports Jake posted above. Though you can't see enough from that photo to really tell.

Hello!

I'm new here. Hope you all are having a great week!

I think this is Gerstlauer track.
It looks much like the track used on their latest family coaster at Duinrell.

This ride, from my opinion is definately Gerstlauer. Look at the supports. They contain that circle thing on the side which the recent other Gerstlauer family coaster has on it's supports, and also the base of the supports don't have a section where screws will go in, for the footer, like all(I think) their coasters. Well, SAW:The rides support bases were like that and the other family coaster.

Changed my mind.

I'm certain its Gerst now, after seeing the construction pics of the Duinrell coaster:

k0mp114i6h94aa002qrbr2.jpg

dr004.jpg

See the indenticle piece of track sticking out on the left.

gavin said:
Just another coaster they won't bother to open unless they feel like it on the day.

Bastards.
This.

And this looks like a Gerstlauer Family coaster. I don't get it though... why put YET another family coaster when they already have Tarantula, Turbulencias, Vertigo and the other random Zamperla clone? Their only thrill coasters are Tornado and Abismo...

Duh. The worse they do, the most visitors they get (F*Ckers!). Did you know that, after PortAventura, this is the Spanish park that gets more visitors? (Something outrageous like 2 milion people)

I'd hazard a guess at the park's location being a BIG factor in guest numbers.

UC said:
^So then why bother making a huge investment if the kinds of things you're putting in are drawing crowds?

Sounds to me like they're seeing what the MAJORITY want, and going based off that.

Parks don't exist to please enthusiasts. They exist to cater to the masses.

You haven't been there, UC. This is like the Spanish counterpart of Thorpe Park. The park is PLAGUED by teens and chavs (or both combined!). Seriously... would a target audience like that be pleased by a family coaster? Besides, the park has not much room for expansion, so this is limiting them even more when it comes to using spaces for upcoming bigger rides...

That or the park might want to change their target audience to families?

Martyn B said:
I'd hazard a guess at the park's location being a BIG factor in guest numbers.
It's literally a Metro ride away from Madrid's city centre... I guess this is the key but still, that place is a DUMP...