What's new

Parque de Atracciones de Madrid | "TNT" | Gerstlauer

Re: Parque de Atracciones de Madrid | Family coaster?

It's literally a Metro ride away from Madrid's city centre... I guess this is the key but still, that place is a DUMP...

Thanks, can't wait to go there now!

Why is everyone moaning?

Gert's aren't the most thrilling coasters in the universe...but what if this was enclosed??With some decent theming? :--D

Anway, its more of an addition than an attraction (if you get what I mean).

I quite liked PdA in 2007 *shrugs*

It's quite a neat little inner-city park.

It's nicer than Warner, haha.

- As an enthusiast I don't get how a park that has a good selection of rides that are poorly mantained and are run by the worst employees in amusement park history (I am not talking about rudeness -90% of PdA ops are beyond rude and show a "can't be arsed to work for you" kind of attitude- but also lack of safety awareness) can be successful.

- As a so called "GP" I get it: until Parque Warner was built, PdA was the only reference to amusement parks that people living in Madrid knew, and so it has been growing on the locals over the years. The park has good rides (although people don't really seem to care to find about 5 or 6 major rides close for no apparent reason) and since people tend to go there once a year they care about riding the damn coasters and rides despite having to deal with rude and careless employees.

We could discuss this in another topic or just PM each other. :wink:

New update. Just showing supporting and supporting for theming etc:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTo1Q_6G0Dg&feature=g-all-u&context=G25952cfFAAAAAAAAAAA[/youtube]

Parque de Atracciones have released a 3D scale model of what the coaster will look like when it's finished.

Click here

It will be a mine train called, apparently, "Tren de la mina" (direct translation 'Mine train'). I don't know if that will be the final name or if it's just a way to describe the ride to the public.

As for the manufacturer, it has not been stated yet but it could well be Gerstlauer or Intamin. The park also says that the coaster will be 450 metres long, 17 metres high and will feature two 18-passenger trains allowing a capacity of 1,000 pph (I will eat my own words if they EVER run both trains for more than a week after the coaster opens).

Let's see how this little coaster turns out. Hopefully it will be a nice family ride with some decent themeing...

Judging from that pic it looks like a fun little coaster.

Wasn't this planned for last year and wasn't contracted? I seem to remember seeing something about it?

Double Post - Oh well!:

Layout video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tlht0cRFnnI&feature=g-all-u&context=G2a936e6FAAAAAAAAEAA[/youtube]

Looks okay... but a bit meh tbh -_-

I think it looks good! Alot more exciting than alot of family coasters I have seen.

Yeah it looks ok, and hopefully some decent theming will make it even better.

Ethan said:
Looks okay... but a bit meh tbh -_-
It's a family coaster, WTF did you expect? It really aggravates me when I see comments like this, so, because they didn't get an AMAZING teen/adult coaster means it's "meh". That market is actually minute in the industry, compared to the majority of markets combined (Kiddies, Families etc.)

Looks great fun and fantastically immersive! <3

Reminds me of this.

Yeah, it was posted a couple of weeks ago. It looks really nice!

^ I'm sorry about that.

Okay, i just found some renderings for the coaster trains, and they look really good!
They has to be the best themed trains i have seen to date.

Found on themeparkreview.com

Attachments

• 6909266733_d6ab4d7413.jpg
    6909266733_d6ab4d7413.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 186